Is restless souls an oversight or WAI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vote Kanye 2020, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Nearly all methods of spawning/creating free champs were recently changed to make said champs summons (Stitchings, Saplings, Overgrowth, Haunt, etc). However Czar of the void/Lich Magistrate still creates real Revenants that drops nora globes, and in a faction with wide access to soul collector, dead eater, assimilate this seems like it may be abit OTT.

So my question is basically the title

@Sokolov @Moles

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

WAD, at least. Certainly inconsistent, though.

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

WAI > WAD.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

=/= seems more accurate in a strict sense. We don't know if it's WAI, anyway.

5. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

I see we are going to nerf every single faction synergy in FW just to make it into another boring and bland faction. You FW haters are never happy. First its Polluted Martyr, then Dusk Creeper, then haunting spirit, then UT, then death guard, and not Firking 2 hours later it is czar of the void. When is it enough?

This is like suggesting removal of psychic anguish from any firks because it causes synergy. Or removing fire eater from UD because htey have so many ways of creating lava.

Of course god knows once the crew of Hospy, BP, DMR, and Baskit start complaining about FW, they don't stop until it gets nerfed.

6. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

YOu know nothing jon Snow.

Thbigchief likes this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Aight, Creeper hella needed it back when it got the big change, UT didn't get nerfed (I think it got buffed), Martyr is still a great play, Czar is grossly inconsistent with most other summon methods,

and Death Guard would be fine if he just lost those 2 points of DMG he got stapled to his butt during Coalitions but lets not talk about that one right now. He got tweaked, the grander approach is mostly fine.

8. claydude5

The point is all these units fit the theme and flavor of FW, yet all are getting nerf calls. The attrition and rebirth flavor of FW is being killed one unit at at time.

I don't want FW to become another ST or UD where everything is just a boring beater.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

They're getting changed, often to make them closer to accepted norms while still on the FW edge of things. I'm not huge into parts of that, but they're hardly killing an entire approach. Creeper, Martyr, DG, and Tomb all still do what they did, they're just a bit more crappy and canonical.

10. claydude5

How the hell does DG fit what he used to be? He used to be this short term beef guy that was summoned by powerful necromancers to defend for a short time until he does. Now he just sits and bodyguards. Wow much flavor.

UT used to be interesting because you couldn't just splash it in every FW split, now it just keys on opponents and really has no FW flavor outside of 1 damage a turn.

Martyr was like death guard in the idea it was supposed to be this short term monster, now it just sits attacks twice and dies. In addition to direct nerfs, it has been hit by various indirect nerfs such as rotting blows to the point where it is run 1x or not at all in FW bgs these days.

Creeper had increaded cost to the point where we are freaking turning to that one rapist rune. All they had to do what remove rend and BoTU and keep it at a similar cost, and it wouldn't have been the monster it was, yet still be runnable.

How was it that death guard was hit before bodyguard when bodyguard is probably the best ability in the game? I can't wait until in the next patch bodyguard is nerfed and deathguard just ROTS for the rest of pox.

Yes I'm angry, but considering the fact that these nerfs were careless and poorly executed just drives me crazy. Then you add in the fact of this slippery slope causing collateral damage within FW themes that aren't even relevant like liches and spirits, and it just breaks me.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

There might be some overlap there, in the other direction. Take a couple days and keep using the rune, it's what I'm going to do before flipping out too much.

Would have rather had UT go to 30 or 25 nora and just hurt everything, no matter race or controller (not genning off friendlies). Would have made it finally overlap better with ToH, and felt more grindy. The changes hardly killed it, though.

claydude5 likes this.
  12. claydude5

Exactly how I feel about UT.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

rip, rip fw, and rip unholy tomb.