It's about time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by st3ck, Jun 1, 2014.

1. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I've wanted to have two split-heroes in one bg for so very long. Not for balance reasons, but for awesome reasons, and thematic reasons.

Somehow I've done it. I've created a Kanen BG with both Kiergana AND Garin. I tried to recreate it with other heroes, and have had no success, which makes me think this is a bug (nooooooooo!), or I am overlooking something.

Anyhow, Hello all! I've missed some of you!

PS: FK YEA THE SQUIDS ARE BACK!

PPS: ^THATS NOT AN INSULT TO SOE(<3 u guys)

Attached Files:

2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

It is a bug with Garin.

3. st3ck

Best bug ever.

4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

garin just wants 2 b loved

5. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

Don't know why he isn't, 69 nora for a 7 speed, 12 damage, range 1-3 damager, with stealth and defensive abilities. I would rather run him than a high damage, high priced range attacker.

6. st3ck

But if you could run both?

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

reported for abusing bugs

RedScarlet likes this.
  8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

garin is entirely worth it. with or without that upkeep. but i wouldn't discount kiergana so quickly.

Hekatian likes this.
  9. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

True, but Kannen hardly fall short of nora since all of them cost so little. Plus with the SP bonus I can't think of a time when you would say "damn, 4 nora short".

10. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

I think the reason many people prefer Kiergana over Garin is because Garin has no relation to Kanen whatsoever. The only relation he has is that he is a Kanen. He has neither Pack Mentality or Pack Leader. Kiergana, being a ranged Pack Leader, can give you quite a few free hits with your smaller Kanen units. Not to mention she hits pretty hard herself. Also, let's not forget Kiergana has Soul Sift. While you initially pay 91 nora for her, you get refunded 18 of it back when she dies. The way I see it is that it's Garin's Mercenary ability paid in advance, except you get some of it back.

I remember in the old SoE forums that we asked for Garin to have more Kanen Synergy but it never came out. Hopefully, DoG will bestow that wish upon us.

11. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

@st3ck This is a bug and you should not exploit it.

12. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

try Garin and Timothy.
    Garin + Swamptouch's Amulet
    Timothy + Cyclops Eye Belt

garin can do a 20 damage AoE, while Timothy can kill multiple targets ez pezy

13. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

That could very well be his synergy with Kanen. For example, you could do something like "Garin gains Enrage/Unstoppable for 4 turns when a friendly Crone is deployed. " I'm not that creative when it comes to designing abilities and synergy, so I just threw up an example, but I'm sure you get the point. He could have something 'flavorful' with Crones and such. Something that really fits his relationship with the Crones and Mongrels. Perhaps you could give the Mongrels the same treatment as with the Crones. "Friendly Mongrels gain Berserker 1 for 1/2/3/4 turns when Garin is deployed."

Anything that will tie him up into a Kanen BG will be fine to be honest.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

garin was driven away from the kanen. what incentive does he have, other than money, to work with them? there's no potential synergy there unless he becomes the symbol of a revolt and crusade against kiergana/the crones (which ends up with garin the martyr, not garin the sharpfang)

15. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

So what you're saying is we need a new mongrel racial called Mongrel Rebellion, which will get reworked into Mongrel Alliance a few expansions down the road.

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

no, because if anything it would be the alphas that need to rebel, and they're not about to take orders from some mongrel mutt

17. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Im not sure why you can have two split heroes in a BG anyway. In my opinion id assume something is off with the coding or you're admitting that split heroes are far superior to traditional Heroes since you're allowed to run all of a factions heroes in the same BG.

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i always saw the reason you couldn't have multiple split-heroes in a deck as being mostly flavor-driven (though power is certainly a component, they're all very strong runes)

that is to say, let's say i'm playing tortuns. if i'm picking a split hero for them, my main options are between a member of their official navy, or a pirate. if i have two of them in the same deck it just doesn't make sense.

kanen? garin doesn't want anything to do with kiergana, and vice versa. any kanen under garin's control wouldn't respond to kiergana, *and vice versa*

and so on.

in a ff deck, all of your heroes are more or less on the same page (fw less so, but they'd still prefer to have greater necromantic control over the continent as a whole i'd imagine)

19. st3ck

Blast, is it still bug abusing if I do it against bots? I don't care really though, because those bots are pretty OP. . . .

Also, @DMrBadguy, That is precisely what happened. Also alot of the split heroes were MUCH stronger on release, save perhaps a few. 7trucks? Ashe? Yea, they've been creeped back, and will probably be toned down more in the revamp.

Synergy-wise with garen, there is nothing. He's a quasi-efficient utility beater. I rather have a ranged packleader with range/spell defenses and an AoE racial boost. I somehow doubt that Garin will be re-vamped into something more thematic and binding into kanen synergy, as lore-wise it doesn't really make sense too. Unless we go down the Skeezi-err Kanen Rebellion/Alliance path :p.

I rather have another skeezick rebellion. And I hate those guys.

20. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Yyyyeeeesss? I mean it's bug abusing but the only victim is the server, so whatever you do, you won't see it complaining. :D Play trucelock for all it cares, it's more patient than you.