Just wanted to kinda point out how silly voil are.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vote Kanye 2020, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is a voil from an average game and it's slightly ridiculous.

So a couple of things that seem to be problematic are:

1. The stacking capability of stats:
    We have regal presence giving +3 damage, +1 defense and +6hp
    Banner is giving a straight up 5hp
    Boost is giving an aditional 5hp
    Wings of steel for 10hp and 1 defense

In total all voil are gaining 26hp, 2 defense and 3 damage if the right conditions are met, which in a theme full of free champs is a huge amount.

2. Summon Bat has a cool down of 3 when a the majority of summoning abilities have a CD of 4-5. The CD for this definitely needs to increase when voil have access to 3 bulwark champs.

3. Bulwark Voil: This is giving a huge amount of hp due to all the free champs they can get off. When you have voil guards and Lance averaging at 80hp and 5 defense it makes you feel like you need to address the ability. I would also just like to point out that Bulwark X abilities cost 3 nora which seems pretty undercoated and should probably receive a cost increase (For all Bulwark abilities, not just voil)

4. The free meat in voil is excessive to say the least. They gain access to free champs through pets, swarms, summons, even spells and as you can imagine all the stat buffs they gain and with how much they contribute to bulwark the methods or time requirement to get all the free meat on the board needs to be reduced. For example did voil stalker really need to come into play with a pet, because he seems good enough without it?

Basically what im trying to get at is that Voil are becoming the modern day Tree folk I can't think of a single person who enjoyed playing pox during that era.

jeeperz2, Pattn199, SPiEkY and 5 others like this.
  2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Guarded voil where units cannot be damaged.

Voil courier on voil courier action.
    The healer (if he still has it heals and stuff and gets inmune to damage)
    Though it'd be solved If the voil it was attached too took the damage instead

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I'm fighting against my most basic instincts to make a million of sarcastic comments about this thread, so just I'll mention Loyalty is being nerfed soon, but I do agree with what you said about bat summons. We could start by seeing how the Loyalty nerf and a possible summon CD consolidation would work on Voil before anything else is considered.

jeeperz2, TheBulwark and Goyo like this.
  4. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Agreed here despite my love for voil's cool art designs and sprites

P.S, you did not include Commander from Imperial (+2DMG) ...not in your calculation

While I do play voil, playing against it is very frustrating coz there isn't any counter except to kill the stats-stacker, which is the majority of them.

However, the core issue as I already mentioned after Queen's rework, was that Regal Presence + Boost is giving too much.
    Dwarves also have this same issue imo where their stats stacking is really just an overkill when max stats stack is reached.

*P.S, Jakei, Zombies, Skeez etc does not have access to both Regal+Boost. Only Voils currently have access to both.

Wings of Steel is the voil's "Intoxicated" (+2dmg +5HP), or "Greenhouse" (+forgot the stats stack before the nerf but it sure counts +5HP)... used to be fine, but after voil queen's rework+stalker's pet came out, it became way more efficient

suggestions:
    Wings of Steel = (+5HP, +1DEF, +Spell Resistance, lose flying). Basically a counter against Maddening Echoes when you're forced to go out of your font bonus area or have depleted the duration of SP's font bonus

Regal Presence = Loyalty is reworked so imo jz wait on that.

Boost = already changed, so its fine

Assume that Loyalty would no longer give (+5HP, +3DMG, +1DEF) instead it gives (Weaken Spell, +1DEF, +1DMG) like greenhouse. And Assume Wings of Steel is reworked (like the above).

So the total bonus from everything should be:

Commander: +0HP, +2DMG, +0DEF
    Boost: +5HP, +0DMG, +0DEF
    RegalPresence: +0HP, +1DMG,+1DEF
    WingsofSteel: +5HP, +0DMG, +1DEF
    Banner: +5HP, +1DMG, +0DEF

CONSOLIDATED new bonus
    +15HP, +4DMG, +2DEF

CURRENT, complaint bonus
    +26HP, +5DMG, +2DEF
    Much more acceptable, similar to your everyday racial stats stacking, right? :D

everyday racial stats stacking:
    w/ Boost+Commander+Banner (+10HP, +2DMG).. if any race should get more than that, they should be paying a premium or smtg imo. (greenhouse costs nora, wings of steel = nora cost + losing the only thing that defines voil = global flight racial skill)

TLDR: more kit, less stats? access to both boost+regal unfair? regal presence costs 9 nora while boost costs 7, potentially overpriced. wait on further changes?

5. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

There are theme without regal presance units??

TheBulwark likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Summoned bats with scry 2 and hinder movement AND life siphon.

Address pretty please

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    SPiEkY, claydude5 and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What if the bat summons lost race: voil and just stayed Beast. We wouldnt have 40 HP summons running around anymore. Regal Presence is already losing the HP aspect.

9. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Seems clear , regal/loyalty snafu being address...also Sok has said more or less he is systematically hitting summon upgrade defaults to make them "crappier"

- so that leaves summons counting as voils toward bulwark? Man I think bulwark is trash but it seems the cherry on the sundae of stat stacking here just breaking the camels back.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Like people have said, Regal Presence is up for a change. We'll see how it goes from there.

Also, fark banners.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Commander is on the Infernal unless you run Improve Speed, and Jakei have access to Boost (the no kha Pupil) and we are talking about ST (hp?yay!!!)

but to be on topic Bulwark can be problematic on Lance, cos the Voil Guard will be there just guarding with 6 dmg output and a lot of Hp (without any resistance to any damage and a vulnerability) like a regular ST champion with the banner on the field.
    Regal Presence is strong but is an 3 range ability, easy to shut down with Aoe and such (maddenning echoes is a nightmare for Voils) but still is too strong.
    Bats are summons, the ones from the quen, the ones from the crypt and the ones from Defend the roost so are counterable with the various Ritual, Severe Summons and Swarm , yes scry and hinder movment are issues, but still less problematic than deflect fire or boost for example.
    making them a different race means deleting an entire theme synergy.

Bats for Voil are like Moga for G'herns, fuel for Surge and Bulwark.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

They also have Hinder Movement, which is surprisingly valuable. Stealing AP and making ranged or melee attacks can setup a lot of stuff. Makes them more versatile than most other summons.

claydude5 likes this.
  13. limone1981

yes I agree, I pointed myself that scry and hinder are problematic: all summon should not have upgrade abilities at all ,bat, imps, pets, or bald baby jakey!!!

14. limone1981

oh and just to let you know Voil have access also to Battlemaster 3 with the Sacred Peaks Amulet (the limited one, the legendary gives Battlemaster 2 and is really weird)

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I thought it was just a forum ban

16. limone1981

the understanding of the game is strong in this one

17. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Regal Presence is dominating right now since the nerf to Boost. Idk if there are more changes necessary than just Regal/Loyalty and removing upgrades from summons, though.

Leadrz likes this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Some tree players.

19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

he got banned for something else iirc for in the client

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I just made a voil bg. Buff them please.(buff screecher and skyhowler)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015