KF/UD fire bg

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Sunutsu, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

Hi the reason I am posting this here is because I want to get advice from KF players on this bg I plan on making. I have never made a KF bg before including a split so I don't know what non champion runes to add. I mainly play UD but I saw some of the fire champions from KF and I get motivated to do a split with them. This is the bg I have so far http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cjBc6-C8dCjbCfvCa8CwVS2lS2zr3T I cannot gain access to expensive exos/legs so please don't recommend them if they aren't on poxbox.

2. Sunutsu

Come on this shouldn't be that hard. I just want some advice for my KR runes.

3. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Most of the KF Fire Champs are best with trees which are weak against fire. If you're wanting to trigger Devotee at all you'll want to put some trees in. Support runes for what you have would be Epochal Oasis, Catharsis Bloom, Thorn Collection x2 (if you have them), and Shimmering Flower. Considering you're running UD I'd put a Shatter in there as well. Time Slip and Reclaim could go in as well if you have room.

4. Sunutsu

Can you recomened a few tree champions then that I can add? A poxbase link would be useful to. Thanks for responding though.

5. Sunutsu

bump! please i still need help someone

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

For the tree champs add gnarl wood patriarch, fireoak , and some elven treecallers for free saplings and heals. Woodmarshal druid for more saplings and he has fire attack also seekers have attack fire good luck.

7. Staxover

Staxover Member

A Split Faction Fire Build with KF can be weak if you place too much emphasis on the specialties and not enough on the basics. Here is a build.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cuYCfVcj0c4@c6-c54c5AC8aCjbc5zcjnc50Cjms5-s2zR3nr1drnR3Tr20e24e2we2ge25

This build is about challenging and capturing fonts. Put your Heads and Blooms on fonts to challenge them. Use Fire Giants and Molten Cloaks to font sit. You can also use Messenger to keep fonts. If you can not get Messenger, replace it with another Summoner. Use Ash and Flamemages for nora gen. Your Elven Strat and Infiltrator will help with troop movement. Use your Raiders for flanking since their range is decent. Plant your Artisan by your Avatar and put one Bloom and the Orb around him. The Orb will help your units against range heavy builds, and the Artisan can fix it with Mason. You can also use Grimlic's Portal to retreat back to your Avatar for regrouping. If you retreat, the Bloom's blossoms at the Avatar where you put one will heal you up before you go back to battle. A few specialties in this deck are (1) Cleansing Flame with Borghas, (2) Summoners, and (3) Escape Magic with Runner. Borghas will do a lot of damage if you cast Cleansing Flame on him. Use your Summoners to get free Imp meat. These Imps can be very advantageous at times, so get out as many as possible. Cast Escape Magic on the Runner just before he dies so that his Short Lived condition is removed. This unit will prove itself very useful in harassment and finishing champs with its Charge ability. The main thrust during battle however are your Giants, Raiders, Druids, and Ash. Get your Giants between you and the enemy to prevent melee assaults. Make sure you have Colossal and Tough 2 selected as their upgrades. Use your Raiders to whittle down enemy HP and finish of with your Druids and Ash. Make sure you leave enough AP on the Druids for Tree Summoning and Sacrifice. Use the other units accordingly.

8. Sunutsu

Thank you so much! I was already thinking that my BG wasn't working well. It was ok but there wasn't much synergy or strategy.

9. Staxover

Staxover Member

Another thing to consider is this. If you find yourself struggling to set up the strategy I told you above, it is because you are too weak against melee. Take out a few of the specialties like the Runner or the Lich and put in more meat like Colossal Boas or Sheoul Demons to strengthen your front lines.