KF Warfare - Rate my bg

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by BurnPyro, May 11, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

This is what I got now. I keep trying to put Mena + covenant in, but it's two slots and a bunch of nora. I like to run 14-16 champs.

Just to clarify, you can't run limited runs (except banner), no legendaries and no split runes (TT soulcollect).

2. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

good good! I have scouted burn's bg

3. enuff

enuff The King of Potatoes

Looks decent, but i would strongly consider including Elven Mages and Rascal Fairies. I also dont really like the 2x CE - you already have plenty of nora gen in this bg. You could add treefolk's blessing, shimmering flower or another bloom.

You could also try out a full vashal/beast deck, the only thing you would miss out are Vicars, but I think it would still be pretty strong.

edit: you really need a horn of order !

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

You're clearly a better player than me, so take this for what it's worth:

2 combined effort seems like overkill without 2 fae oracles.
    Again, 1x time slip might (or might not) be worth it. There's a lot of synergy between soothing serenade on bard/fae oracle and time slips, and without the oracles and without the 1x time slip, it might not be worth it.
    relying on 2x apprentice mages and 1x elven bard for magic damage seems risky against vaporize/incorporeal champs. I'd try to work in elven mages or (as a superchamp counter) fairy trickster.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's only a rough draft anyway, if you're not expecting these basic runes you got nothing.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

can't use horn it's kf/fs :(

I don't know, CE is so terribly broken I have to run two. I've thought about beasts/vashal, not sure how I feel about them. This bg has quite some early game potential to win on draws idk if the other do

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm thinking about mages/tricksters, but I'd have to take out... ? probably vashal ranger idk. I really want the quillquip at least 1x to counter def stacking

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Looks good to me. As others have said, x2 Combined Efforts seems a little much since the spell has a 5 round cooldown. I'd replace one with a Trrefolk's Blessing. Also, as fun as the Apprentice Mage is, I'd take one out for an Elven Mage. Lastly, if you have access to Stellar Horizon, it may be worth a slot (maybe take out x1 Nature's Wrath?).

Edit: Good Luck!

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

just wanted to point out that you have to replace cleansing emerald with herbal antidote.

10. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I'd probably pull 1 apprentice mage and quillquip. W/ 2 nature's wrath, knockback damage from skirmisher, and withering fern, I think you can probably get by against high defense champs without him. As for apprentice mage, you'll have 3 pet champs, and so you can use the pet and a relic to contest the side font for a while, so probably 1x apprentice mage is enough.

11. Xirone

Good catch, a split rune.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

holy fkqdfqmdjfqd

nevermind herbal antidote then, ill just full yolo dammit

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I need two stellar horizons..

14. Xirone

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one thing. For those that will be staying back to protect KF from UD (since KF is so close), be sure to include Woodland Jesters for Resonance. Resonance can really hurt if Sacrifice is used.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Time to run Thirion again

16. Staxover

Staxover Member

17. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

2x Brambles, 2x Forest Giant, Lash Down, Artillery Marker, TfB, 2x Shimmering Flower are all pretty much indefensible. Not to mention Ospryan Valk.

I would counsel you not to run this bg, and consider this total overhaul: http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c2Cqbc54c5FcLchkCjbCpfc3Fcinc8Xcdacdds5S7s2@s1as4Ks7Ws6gsLr3nrUe2Fe29eM

18. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Brambles - fine as a 1x for cheap finisher / ensnare, but as the only AoE in the bg, it's not good enough. NW comes in to hit relics, Stellar for more raw power.
    Forest Giant - 6 speed 2x2 melee with the only upside being cheapness and KB3. It's not a dedicated beast deck, and if you're filling that slot you'd rather have Colossal Boa as a straight up 1:1 swap.
    Lash Down - Brilliant in treefolk - not brilliant for a deck running precisely 0 treefolk. I get that it's basically just Carn Vines #3, but at 40 nora you've got to be doing better. Time Slip will do instead.
    Artillery Marker - Not good enough. Just plain not good enough, I don't know what else to tell you. I would rather have a second Cath Bloom if you need another contesting relic
    Treefolk's Blessing - Great on treefolk, ok otherwise. Only real target for it is Forest Giant which I'm cutting anyway.
    Shimmering Flower - I don't like this rune, but I can see why you might want 1x. But 2x? Never. Oh, and you're running Artisan so you'd never need 2.

Valk is a take it or leave it kind of rune. With no additional beast support, the only redeeming factor is detection and being a ranger. Both of which Vashal Ranger does admirably. I'm leaving it.

19. Staxover

Staxover Member

Well, thank you for taking the time to explain that to me. I that Valk to me is a great PT rune with Declare Target. As for Art Mark, I thought it would well with Slam since it activates it.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Double CE or bust