K'thiras Guide

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Molosse, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

K'thiras Guide
    Faction: K'thir Forest, Race: Elf, Class: Ranger, Size: Small, Rarity: Rare
    Artwork: A male elf crouched in the undergrowth, spear in hand, a bow can be glimpsed slung across his back.
    Flavor-Text:
    Nora Cost: 74

Champion Stats
    DMG:
    11, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 1, HP: 46

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical-
    This unit makes a Physical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    *Camouflage- This unit gains Reflexes (1) and Evasive (1) while occupying Vegetation.*
    Mountaineer- This champion ignores movement restrictions and movement penalties imposed by terrain elevation and ignores terrain restrictions while moving.
    Guidance- Friendly Rangers within 5 spaces gain Camouflage and Clear
    Hidden: Vegetation- At the end of your turn, if this champion occupies Vegetation, it becomes Stealthed. Otherwise, it loses Stealthed.
    Arrowshot- This unit makes an attack at Range 3-6.

Champion Upgrades
    Mark-
    This ability does not destealth, and is only usable while stealthed. Target champion within 3 spaces suffers 2 additional damage from all attacks made by friendly units this turn.
    Shroud- Other friendly champions within 3 spaces gain Evasive 2 (This unit takes 35% less damage (after DEF) from ranged attacks). This does not stack.
    Detection (3)- Enemy units within 5 spaces lose Stealthed and enemy traps within 5 spaces are revealed.
    Escape- This unit becomes stealthed at the end of any turn it was successfully damaged.

A champion idea with a suggestion for an ability change, Camouflage in this case, beyond that a relatively cheap champion to support Rangers and push a more terrain relevant theme.

2. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

There should already be a Ranger filling this role. The Elven Sky Marshal.

Interesting proposal for Camouflage, but i like the idea that it only affects ranged combat.

3. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like this good job :)

4. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Camouflage doesn't QUITE make sense in resisting melee, as technically Camo is used to hide. If I am going to stab you, I'm pretty sure I've got an idea as to where you are.

Also, you need to answer the template Questions in the Rune Suggestions sticky from the owls, because we need to see your vision with this.

"What makes this rune unique" is one of the questions, and honestly I don't see how this isn't just a generic utility beater.

Prami likes this.
  5. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

To deal with the points in turn:
    First I can say with accuracy that, following my decently long stint in the territorials as well as my much more recent and perhaps more relevant stint in medieval re-enactment, that fighting an opponent in cover does indeed make it a tad harder to hit them where you want, this is a combination of effects (The break-up of distinct boundary lines, the difficult at swinging at someone when you can't see their body and finally fighting someone in an environment that they are more at home than you are) but the general end line is that while you won't be missing much more, the blows you do land may not be exactly as effective as you'd like, which to me is perfectly represented by a 20% reduction in damage.

Point the second, Fair enough! I do apologies, the above champion was conceptualized in a thread within the KF forums and had a larger explanation there, in any case the point of the champion is to A) Promote some terrain synergy between Rangers and Vegetation which is already present in a subdued manner, B) Throw some decent maneuverability to Rangers both with a champion that can happily swim through terrain as well as granting similar, if lesser abilities to rangers around him, C) Promoting some decent support ala' Guidance, Shroud, Mark and Detect in a handy thematic package, D) Supplying Mark to a theme which tends not to have many ways to inflict horrendous damage other than Skirmisher and finally E) To provide another source of Pseudo-Range to a theme which has a decent few melee champions and can always benefit from some more range support.

6. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

RIP Elven Sky Marshal

Before deciding what needs what filled, why don't we balance & rework what we have.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014