Lava based BG

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Kristian Skjold, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

Hello my fellow UD players!
    I've been experimenting with this Lava bg for a few days.. and just wanted to see if i could get some neat advices :)

2x Bunny Lord
    *** Lava Storm***Intimidating***

Bunny lord is quite awesome if you ask me.. AoE dmg & intimidating <3

2x Cinderpede
    ***Lava-fall 1***Calcify***

Cinderpede... Very good lava based unit! Good range & dmg.. + AoE & lavafall for lava

1x Corrupted Overlord
    ***Fire Feed***Horrific Aura***

This guy is very situational in this bg.. cuz sadly he doesnt work that well with too much lava around on the map.. Thank god that we got Flameheart pauldron that makes him runable in this bg! As soon as he got it equipped he's ready to conquer the front line with his massive AoE damageand his overall tanky design.

2x Demon Lich
    ***Fire Eater***Swarm: deep-elf skelly***

Demon lich provides alt dmg (magical) and his swarm ability.. many of u might think.. why dont pick amp fire u nub?? hmm why whould i?? Deep elf skellys provide all my fire acolytes HP.. (when i sacrifice em all in the lava!)

1x Fire Giant
    ***Absorb***Stat Bonus: Defense 2***

Okay... i was VERY unsure bout this champion... Some of u might call it "Shoebox rune".. i dont! after the first time i played him, i fell completely in love! I'd like to use him with Molten cloak for a VERY tanky beater with 20 dmg, 7 Defence, Absorb, Damage shield: Fire 3. + trail lava that boost him due to Domain: Lava.

1x Firemaw
    ***Stat Bonus: Defense 1***Stat Bonus: Health 2***

Firemaw is still a rune that im testin out.. he's costy.. but provides AoE lava and great dmg.. I use to equip him with Tinder box to make him a better survivalist.

2x Firestarter
    ***Leap 3***Tunnel: Lava 3***

One of my favorite runes in this build.. Massive lavagenerator and descent dmg

2x Nefari Fireslinger
    ***Fire Eater***Lava Storm***

Hihi so squishy and so costy... But man.. He's so good! Massive firedmg + AoE Lava and Fire Eater.. it's pretty funny when he survives some rounds and lets his dmg boost up to the sky... Equip him with Firelight gem for a massive 18dmg AOE (Works great with Borghas!) or just normal attack a single target to atoms..

1x Nightmare
    ***Flamestrike 3***Stat Bonus: Damage 2***

Descent guy with a ranged fire attack and trail lava + fire eater.. why not include him?

2x Sheoul Demon
    ***Frightfull blows***Fire Acolyte***

Ahh sheoul demons.. I've always loved this guy.. 1 thing is his massive damage.. another thing is horrific aura & frithfull blows... a whole third thing is fire acolyte & Fire Eater.. makes him perfect for this build.. Normally i cast a Mandate from sheoul on him if he's in trouble.. makes him just a bit more frightening!

1x Demolish

Be gone Firking Grim well & other stuff!

1x Mandate From Sheoul

survivability for sheoul demon and sometimes Nightmare

1x Purefire

Cleanse.. why not?

1x Sacrifise

Sometimes i'd rather get my nora back than leave a champion to die from another unit.

2x Scorch the earth

Very essential in this bg... works both as offensive or defensive to feed my fire acolytes.

1x Shatter

Be gone, equipments that annoy me!

1x Summon Borghas

Very funny guy combined with half of the champions in the bg.

1x Mark of Sheoul

Why not??

1x Orb of Protection

Annoyance factor numero uno! With so much fire in the bg.. why not include it?? it will actually NEVER die, when i got lava out!

1x Firelight Gem

#1 equipment for Cinderpede or Fireslinger

1x Flameheart pauldron

Makes Corrupted overlord playable in this bg

1x Molten Cloak

Makes Fire Giant a Solid solitary guardian

1x Tinderbox

Makes Firemaw even more annoying

So the point of this bg is (as you probably already guessed) to generate lava and let the opposing and my own units take fire damage to feed my acolytes.. i got 8x AoE lavagenerating abilities which will do great damage and do descent healing to my own units.. I've tried to avoid Amp: fire so good that i can, cuz.. im tired of those bgs.. lol.
    - If any of u got any questions and/or suggestion, please lemme know. i love to get critique. :)

Peace!
    Skjold92 / Malandur

2. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Isn't that what seeker of the source does...all in one rune?

3. Kristian Skjold

Not really. First of all Seeker of the source got Lava walker.. Which means that when he walks over lava, he wont take any fire dmg and then he wont get any healing from that. :)
    - i know that Seeker of the Source and other Devotees is meant for splitting with UD for fire bgs.. But as i can see, it just dont really have the same effect, splitting with KF.

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Nightmare? forget that , Bok raider is where its at ! , consider grimilic , fireslingers are too expensive nora wise and slow build up time.... but if you insist.....

Look for head of osu

Check flame skitter out

consider a fireblast or 2

Calig cauldron is pretty solid in fire bg too but optional never the less

Lower beast of shoeul is alright but might not fit your theme

fiery ambush is good spell , procs before regen , and if you kill with it it will capture font on same turn( if your champion is contesting ofc)

5. Kristian Skjold

Hmm ass i see it.. you're more suggesting to build a classic "amp fire" bg.. It's never meant to go down THAT road.. :)
    Fire & Lava is 2 different things.. Bok raider, Grimlic & Flame skitter doesnt really support it.
    - I feel like i dont need any AoE Fire spell.. afterall i got 8 units with lava blast (Y)
    - I've looked at Lower beast when i made the bg.. but i decided that it would be a bad idea.
    - I actually took out Head of Osarius so i could get room for Molten cloak.. I've played it, but didnt feel comfortable using it sadly..

But thank you for your suggestions.. Always a pleasure to hear peoples thoughts. :)