Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

As cool as this is, unfortunately relics cannot move like that as a core rule.

2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Aww damn :(. Perhaps... renaming it to Surprise Frog Buddha Statue or something and replacing Crushing Charge with Relocate Self could work?
    I'm not sure exactly what the restriction is. Relics can't use movement abilities, but they can use relocation? Would Manic work or not, for example?

Since we're on the subject, would a relic with Relocate Self, Preparation and Shrinking Scion even work? EDIT: I realized Shrinking Scion is fixed range, not range dependent. My apologies.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  3. Sokolov

They can relocate, but cannot move, so Manic wouldn't work.

4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Could they use teleport or tunnel?

5. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I believe those are relocation abilities.

I think movement would refer to things like charge or manic.

6. badgerale

Ok, now I'm wondering if leap/massive leap are relocate - I think they trigger portal watcher (though could be wrong). In which case you could do:

Rolling Stone

HP 30, DEF 0, Nora 40

Massive Leap
    Tremor

7. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

The Moga Launcher

Text: "That should be fun for a while..."
    Type: SP Relic

HP: 20

ABILITIES:
    Catapult
    Instability
    Deathnova: Fire (2)
    Regeneration 3

Not sure it could work with no ap on relics... but it would be fun...

8. potatonuts

I think you are right there, @Sokolov hlep?

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Neat, but spells. I forgot, are those allowed now?

10. potatonuts

I hope so lol

Double checked and nope, i guess i could try and convert them into equips/relics

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'd like to see some more Hoarfrost ideas.

12. Sokolov

I have been going through this thread quite a bit as I try and finalize the selections for Exp 30 (yes, it's been slated for release following this next one).

I just wanted to say great job to everyone. Lots of interesting stuff in here, some of which I never considered.

For those paying attention to the doc, do expect some shifts towards the end as I try to balance out the distribution of races/themes within each faction, and also give as many people a chance to get a rune into the game as I can.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Update to Minotaur Ironskin.

Alternative ability sets.
    Lore Additions.
    Art Suggestion added.

Minotaur Ironskin (UD)
    Text:
    "Most Minotaur disdain the use of armor. Nicknamed Ironskins, these Minotaur are special. Preferring to wear enchanted full body armor to ward off even the most unlikely spell."
    Art: A Minotaur extremely armored in a black iron suit, with a slightly purple shimmer around him an the armor. Wielding a Halberd. Ideally positioned next to a Dimensional Door.
    Race: Minotaur, Class: Knight, Size: Small, Rarity: Exotic
    Stats: ?

Attack: Physical: This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
    Relic Guardian: This champion gains +2 DEF and +4 DMG when it is within 3 spaces of a friendly relic.
    Combat Awareness: This unit only takes damage from spells and abilities if they specifically target a champion. This does not include terrain effects, conditions, or equipment on this champion.
    Planar Bound: This unit is immune to relocate and remove from play effects.

UP1
    Magical Attack: This unit makes a magic attack at range 2-4
    Fire: Attack: This unit makes a magic attack at range 2-4

UP2
    Unstoppable: This champion cannot be Stunned, Slowed, Ensnared, Paralyzed or Rooted, and is immune to Knockback. This unit is also immune to any effects that cause the loss of AP.
    Warding: This champion cannot be targeted by spells.
    Impenetrable: This champion can not be the target of abilities your enemy controls, including non-basic attacks. This does not include basic attacks.

CHANGE LIST:
    Added Planar Bound to Base
    Added Relic Guardian to Base
    Removed Quest Damage from Base
    Changed Subsume on UP2 to Unstoppable
    Changed Shielded on UP2 to Warding

Reasoning:

• Complete immunity to either spells or abilities would make him a powerhouse pick within Minotaurs. This combined with his extensive map mobility would be excessively hard to reign in. Adding Planar Bound to Base was a way to curb the mobility issue making the player rely on his mechanical immunity. The removal of Quest Damage was to enhance his lore and playstyle/position with Relic Guardian and tone down his damage. Again relying on his defense.
    • The addition of Relic Guardian to base was to added more to the lore as a Gate Guardian, and give him a third potential upgrade choice.
    • I changed Subsume on UP1 to Unstoppable. This was because I felt no one would take it as a viable upgrade choice when you could have complete immunity either spells or abilities. Subsume was meant to be a soft counter to both.
    • I changed Shielded to Warded. This change was meant to curb his "suicide potential". To put it simply its rather difficult to kill him. Since he is already nora efficient I wanted to tone down his interaction with the sacrifice mechanic that UD has plentiful access to.

I'd imagine this Behemoth of a rune to be a Gate Guardian. They prevent the destruction of the portals, and prevent any foreign entities from traveling through them. Their primary concern is the defense of Cretios, but can also be seen guarding key strategic portals among the battlefields of Poxanthuru.

I'm happy with both versions. Feedback is welcomed.

Should be noted that this was made well before the Combat Awareness changes. This is effectively Rank 2 CA.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  14. Sokolov

I like the basic design of this one, though I am hesitant to put 2 new sig. abilities from recent expansions onto the same unit.

Leadrz likes this.
  15. Sokolov

Would like to understand what you want for this champ to help determine upgrades.

16. potatonuts

Fly-Blown Corpse

'Curse Serkan and his worms! My men will be eaten alive before we reach the battle at this rate' - General Barry

Faction : FW
    Type : Champion
    Race : Zombie
    Class : Shaman
    Size : 1x1
    Cost: I have no idea

Stats
    ATK: 8
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1
    Def: 2
    HP: 50

Base Abilities
    Attack: Physical
    Propagate : Carrionling
    Lethargic

U1
    Swarm : Carrionling
    Zombie Apocalypse
    Rabid (2)

U2
    Mudsling
    Creeping Harvest
    *Chuck : Carrionling <--Would this be considered a new ability? If so then just disregard it i guess.

Zombie Brain

'Who would have known that the dead's components could be so easily interchanged!?' Head Flesh Sculptor Guildenstern

Faction: FW
    Type: Equip
    Cost: 35

Equipped champion gains Brainless and Consume, if they have race: Zombie then they also gain Brain Eater.

Trying to work out some way to get my old Rotting Fesh in here but he had a few unique abilities so i'm having to gut it entirely.

Also if anyone happened to be wondering who the characters are speaking in my flavor text, they are basically the governing officials in the free zombie nation which i like to think exists somewhere in the world of Pox.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  17. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

Thanks for attention!

maybe swap absolute zero or elemental burst to terrarin abilities like snowfall? or make it 6 speeders, actually i want to make this champion become like theme enabler between frost amp sub theme (shamans, elementals, of terrarin) of course too much absolute zero or elemental burst in Amped damage (frost) is really borderline OP, im up to community suggestions whether hes OP with that kit right now or not

im sry for my english :p

18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Hello, I would like it to fit in Strigs and have some form of Snow generation. I don't want him to have Flying nor a weapon. People suggested Strigs already have Tanks and making him a regular beater will add nothing to the theme, I would ask someone else to make improvements on deck filling roles since I know nothing.

I firstly though on Avalanche on upgrades, but @Hiyashi was right at pointing out that it's too costly and won't be picked against more efficient passives abilities.

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Rune Idea Champ

Stitched Bilgewater [UD/FS] [FW/UD] [FW/FS] (Pick one.)
    Art: A piled abomination of the bottom of a Tortun Ship Hull, a Watershed Anchor, Fish Netting, Coral, Seaweed, and a Mast.
    Perhaps something like this, with the items sticking out of him.
    [​IMG]
    Rarity Rare
    Size: Small or Large works. However, to fit in all the pieces of the ship, and artwork. Large might be best, especially for the animations.
    Stats 6/5/1/2/40

Abilities

Attack Physical
    Water Vortex
    Summon: Watershed Anchor
    Lethargic
    Amphibious
    Stitched

UP 1
    Counter Attack: Melee
    Opportunistic Assault
    Evasive 1

UP2
    Grapling Hook
    Pull
    Binding Chains

Designed to be a counter ranged harasser for Stitched. I also thought it would be nice to see a Tortun Shipwreck come to life. Feel free to tinker with the abilities, the general idea is obvious. The main thing I had in mind is the living shipwreck, I'm happy if just the art persists in some fashion.

Edit: Just realized how close the suggested art looks to Moog.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Leadrz likes this.
  20. badgerale

Really like the flavour, but it is tough to design new stitched because if they don't have a way to interact with reconstructing they tend to get passed by (or just be boring hyper-efficient beaters like skelliform).

In this case the main thing is that it makes relics that can be then turned into remains with disintegrate. This may just become a way of making 40 Nora stitched. Which is perhaps a bit much in-theme.

I'm wondering if the spell effect from stitched possession could be used as an ability?

Either that or another source of mason's spire would be cool.

Or another source of relocate relic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.