Life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Apr 5, 2014.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

No offense, but imma just take your word on that. My wife won't let me have gfs, so the ebony princess option is out too. :(

2. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

^

And this because i don't care of others.

3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

you won't convince me with such few words

would love to hear your story if it's as good as you claim

4. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

Born in Toronto, live in Toronto. Love everything about this place.

I'm 28, live downtown in a fantastic condo with my two ladies, I do contract development and teach at a webdev school.

If I'm not on pox I'm working, watching cartoons, or getting stoned. Usually all 4.

No, I'm never going to grow up.

Moles likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I love you even more now. Ditch the ladies and run away with me.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You can see one of the ladies in the picture.

7. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

No that's a cat, one of the ladies is holding it though

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

T.T

9. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

So lads and ladies, it's been a while and time, as always both sadly and thankfully, marches on. How's everyone doing?
    @GemmaXylia Did you pick a Uni yet hun?

10. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

Went to the University of Edinburgh, got a double MA HONS in Chinese/History, currently living in Beijing selling Chinese/Taiwanese steel + a few other things to Russian clients. Should be moving to either the south of China or Japan by next September. Life is interesting - doing business with the Chinese is an absolute nightmare though. There is a very distinct difference between western/Chinese values.

Moles and GemmaXylia like this.
  11. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I live in Norway and am currently 21. (born in 1993)

My life story is kind of hard to explain.
    I haven't had any family troubles, no excess bullying and no needing to work hard to survive.
    Trying to explain all this would probably take hours to write down and I don't want to take too much of people's time to read this.
    So I'll be as brief as possible.

At around the age of 4 I started feeling I was disconnected from other people. Like everyone else was connected with each other in some kind of way, but I wasn't.
    I hung out with friends, but in my own free time I enjoyed to instead spend time alone.
    It got worse with time.
    At the age of around 12, I was going through major depression.
    But I didn't want anyone to notice it, so I started supressing it so much that I couldn't feel anything emotional anymore.
    I stopped talking with family and friends. There was often weeks where I didn't speak a single word to anyone.

At the age of 16 I moved out and started studying Design and Art at highschool. (Highschool here is College for many of you.)
    I got friends at school, but I couldn't feel any emotions, neither good or bad ones. I still felt disconnected though.
    Since I had moved out, I finally got internet. (Yes, I lived 16 years without internet at home.)

I got friends online and I was able to talk with them about things I had never told anyone in real life.
    I even started feeling things slightly again. Even was in a relationship, but the break up was really hard on me.
    At the age of 17, I changed course to Studyspecializing and Art since Art and Design didn't have any year 2 courses that I wanted.
    However my Social Anxiety, Sleeping Problems and somehow feeling like I didn't have any energy made me drop out.
    I went to the doctor to check my health and he found that I had low metabolism, but wouldn't give me any meds for it.

I moved back to my parents house and pretty much shut myself in my room.
    My parents had gotten internet at this point so I just surfed the internet all the time. Spent 1 and a half year being a NEET. (Not in Employment, Education or Training)
    At the age of 19 I got in a relationship online again. I started feeling happier again and even started smiling. (Something before this point I always faked.)
    I went back to school, but dropped out half a year later due to the exact same problems 2 years prior.

However, things have taken a turn for the better at the age of 21.
    I went to a different doctor and took a blood test and said I clearly needed medicine for my low metabolism.
    I am working through something called NAV at the Town Hall. I digitalize their archives since using paper is outdated.
    My employer at the Town Hall is so happy at my good work that I'll be hired in a project position between August and December. (Basically meaning I won't work through NAV and that I will earn over 3 times more than I do now.)

I am still in a happy relationship online and working on fixing my social anxiety.
    The meds make it a lot easier to leave my bed.
    I am saving up to meet my soulmate in July.

Sorry for long post.

Moles, Alakhami, Molosse and 2 others like this.
  12. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Glad things are looking up for you, Soulmilk.

soulmilk likes this.
  13. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I had an interview at Nottingham, waiting to hear back on ucas -.- I check track far more times a day than is reasonable :D

How are things for you? Exam time? :)

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  14. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Lets do this!

Lived in the same ex mining village in the UK for all of my childhood, the youngest in a big family, with very little money. The area I grew up in was/is full of crime, drugs and a good slap of desperation. It's not an inner city type place, this is one of a collection of villages which share an identity and have the same problems. People don't go to university here, they either get a manual job or sign on for their welfare money.

I crashed out at school, simply because I wasn't interested and neither were my parents - neither of them went to mainstream school. I got a job in an office, which made me a success story in my family, at the age of 16. I hated it and used to dread having to get out of bed in the morning. I stuck with it though and worked at the same place for about 12 years!

I got married to my girlfriend at the age of 19. We are still together 19 years later, and she has been the secret behind my life. I don't mean that to sound cheesy - sorry.

At 28 I set up my own business and it did well for a couple of years. We made good money and moved to a nice house in a nice area. By this time we had two children, both boys. I sometimes find it strange that they don't really know the area they came from. They live in a different world to the one I grew up in and I'm both happy and a little sad about that.

Two years into my business and it all went wrong. Some bad decisions and all of a sudden we lost everything. I was made bankrupt and we had to move into my brothers house for 6 months as we had nowhere to live.

At this point I decided I wanted to do something new, I wanted to get educated - something I felt I'd missed out on. I went to college for a year, before going off to university to study for 4 years. It was just a perfect fit for me, I have never felt so suited to a place as I did being at university.

I am now 6 months into my PhD and I still feel so lucky to be getting paid to do my research.

Life is good.

15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Bump cause this thread is aqwaome. I'll post an update later tonight. I got much, much more to tell y'all

Alakhami likes this.
  16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You're buying me a pony? It's a pony? My god you got me a pony!

DarkJello, Qucas and Karmavore like this.
  17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Apparently he doesn't know what you did to the last one....

Qucas and Karmavore like this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I THOUGHT MR SPRINKLES WANTED TO SWIM OKAY?

Karmavore and Qucas like this.
  19. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

20. Qucas

Qucas Guest

It's been a year plus a month since my dad passed but these damn Father's day ads are getting to me. I quit my part time job back in March and am missing the money. Mom could be doing better mentally, but she is still dealing with the loss, so it makes sense.

Good things. I have a great therapist I see weekly and it's helping, going to talk about my dad next week. Looking for work and hopeful for a couple of jobs. Have a place to stay and might end up in Indiana at some point, which would be better than dealing with the heat in Tucson, it's 109 Today.