List Of Known KF Bugs

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

In an effort to make the bugs of KF known, I thought I'd post a thread here in the KF Forums so that you all can contribute. Once we have a pretty good list, I'll ask the devs to move this thread to the Bug Forum. With that said, if you know of a bug, post it and I'll add it to the list. With any luck, the devs will focus on fixing some of these soon!

Champion Bugs
    Dragonbark Protector- This champion has no spell presence.

Ability Bugs
    Bulwark: Fairy (Faeguard Nullbeast)- The text of Numerous mentions that the champion counts as 3 champions for the purposes of Bulwark abilities. When a Moonlit Fae is in play, however, Bulwark: Fairy does not trigger 3 times. This is either a bug with Numerous or Bulwark: Fairy but my bet is on Bulwark: Fairy.
    Chains of Amareth (Chained Fae)- The text of the ability mentions that the buffs/refunds do not stack but they do. If you have two Chained Fae in play, affected deployed champions receive a 10 nora refund and +10 HP.
    Fairy Flight (Various Fairies)- The text of the ability states that the champion gains Defenseless if it loses Flying. When a champion has more than 15 HP and is grounded by something like Carnivorous Vines, the champion does not get Defenseless. I'd say the ability is working as it should but the text is slightly incorrect.
    Gift of Ironwood (K'thun the Ancient)- This ability is not able to successfully change the Saplings that K'thun makes into G. Grapplers. This bug was introduced when Young Saplings were created.
    Hawk Attack (Various Champs)- The text of the ability states that champions are the valid targets when, in reality, the ability can target shrines and relics as well. Either the text is wrong and the ability is functioning correctly, or the text is right and the ability isn't programmed correctly.
    Limbo (Rage of the Circle)- The text of the ability states that it spawns a Fleshblight Zombie at 50% HP. The thing is, it spawns a pre-revamp Fleshblight Zombie instead of a current version one. If it is intended to remain as is, the text should be updated to reflect the changes. Alternatively, the resulting zombie should be updated.
    Tortun Shell (All Tortuns)- It appears as if this ability is granting Unstoppable, in addition to Turtle and Amphibious, even though it doesn't appear in the text. It also doesn't seem like the nora cost for Tortun Shell factors in Unstoppable. Perhaps this ability was coded one way but described another?
    Wolf Pack (Timber Wolves)- The text of the ability mentions that the summoned wolves and the real wolf should gain +1 DMG for each champion within 5 spaces that have the same name. In reality, the real wolf gains +3 DMG for each wolf within 5 spaces and the summoned wolves do not gain any damage.

Spell Bugs
    Fog Of The Ancients- Fog terrain is only created on the target space instead of on all affected spaces. The spell is working correctly, in the right AoE, so this is mainly just a visual bug.
    Lethologica- The text of the spell mentions that friendly champions within 3 spaces of the target champion are distracted but in reality all champions within 3 spaces are friendly (i.e. friendly and opposing champs).
    Misdirection- This spell cancels on-deploy effects. For example, a Garu Den Mother with Misdirection in effect will deploy without her Garu Cub.
    Strategic Retreat- This spell is completely bugged. First, it relocates champions twice. It relocates champs at the end of the turn and at the end of the opponent's turn (moving them randomly twice). Secondly, champions can be relocated near deployment zones but not in them. Thirdly, I've had champions completely disappear from the game at the end of the turn. All in all, a very bugged out spell.

Relic Bugs
    Archery Bale- The effects of the relic do not stack but it doesn't mention that it doesn't stack. A simple text update would fix this.
    Catharsis Bloom- The in-game text for Propagate Self 2 states that the relic will make a copy of itself after 6 turns. The text is supposed to say 4 turns. The relic is correctly creating a copy after 4 turns. This is just a minor text issue.
    Woodland Portal- The text for this relic has an older description for Seal of the Vashal which currently does not exist. The relic properly uses the current version of Seal of the Vashal.

Equipment Bugs
    Barbed Vine Leash- When a champion is equipped it can use some movement abilities like Pounce and not take the 5 damage. Most forms of special movement, like Teleport, work correctly.
    Covenant- When Covenant is taken off of Grimlic of K'thir, he loses 1 RNG but retains Magic Blast. Covenant seems to work well on Menalaus.
    Crown of Petals- When an opposing champion is equipped with this, it becomes Confused. The Confused condition is removed if Cleansed, however.

Sapelah the Ancient (And All Avatars)- When you view the Avatar in the Rune Manager, it states that it should have Growth 6, Harden 6, and Balance 6. In game, however, the Avatar defaults to the choices you made before the revamp hit. For example, my Avatar only has Growth 6 and Balance 6 (no Harden 6). Other players I have seen only get Harden 6 and Balance 6 (no Growth 6). In addition, there is no way to change which abilities you get. As a note, all avatars are this way.
    Sapelah the Ancient (And All Avatars)- When playing a split-deck you are not allowed to choose which Avatar you want to use. When selecting an Avatar, you get a "Fail" message.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. Xirone

Fixed List
    Bestial Presence 3 (Dugon)- The text of the ability mentions that all friendly champions gains +2 DMG and +5 HP for 2 turns. In reality, the ability is programmed to give +3 DMG and +5 HP for 4 turns. I'd say leave the ability as is and update the text.
    Sacrifice of De'lim (Wood Marshal Druid)- The text of the ability mentions that it should have a CD of 1 and cost 2 AP. Contrary to this, if you have 2 AP, you can repeatedly use this ability as many times as you want in a turn (assuming you have enough valid targets). The ability neither goes on cooldown nor does it use AP.
    Aurora Lance (Aurora Lancer)- This ability is acting like a melee attack when it is a ranged attack. For this reason, it is bypassing Righteous Deflection and Arrow Eater.
    Fog of Ancients- This spell simply does not work. The spell creates fog terrain but no champions are ever stealthed in it.
    Ethereal Being (Ancestral Avenger)- The text of the ability states that the champion will remain corporeal until the end of the turn after it was damaged. In-game, however, the champion remains corporeal until the ability is used again. Also, if a champion with Ethereal Being is Pacified from Soothing Serenade (or other sources) and then becomes Corporeal, it loses both Pacified conditions and can attack regularly. Post revamp, it also doesn't cost 2 AP to use.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  3. Xirone

I forgot to add Limbo. That ability spawns a pre-revamp Fleshblight Zombie instead of a current one. I'll add that in.

4. Felixyr

Felixyr New Member

1. The text for hawk attack (Falconer, Bliss) states target champion but it can target shrines
    2. Lethologica states that Incoherent Babbling causes friendly champions within 3 spaces to be distracted but it actually causes friendly & unfriendly champions to be distracted

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  5. Xirone

Thanks, mate! I'll add these to the main list later tonight.

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

@Senshu maybe log these if that havent been already

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Hawk attack can always attack relic and shrines not only champions

8. Felixyr

Felixyr New Member

I wasn't sure what the 'correct' function of the ability was, only that it differed from what the text describes.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

maybe they can add relic/shrine as well

10. Xirone

Yeah, the ability is either working correctly, and the text is wrong or the text is right and the ability is working incorrectly. Either way, a bug.

Edit: I put Lethologica and Hawk Attack in the original post. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  11. Xirone

I think that one may be fixed. I'll check it out. If not, I'll add it to the list.

Edit: It was fixed at some point. The equipped champion correctly keeps the equip and does not hand out a free copy after 4 attacks. I let the test champion keep attacking and even after 8 attacks, it didn't copy itself. The refund works correctly, though.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  12. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Have you even TRIED using strategic retreat recently? As a hint, make sure some champs are in font zones and others out of them. Then, try casting random ally-hurting aoes in your fonts.

13. Xirone

Confirmed, that is crazy bugged. Adding that one to the list.

14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Bullseye is still bugged.

15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Not sure if the Forests Embrace interaction is WAI either, something to consider.

16. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Crown of Petals
    Equipped champion has Pariah and becomes Confused. If the champion is a Fairy, it gains Impenetrable and Regal Presence

It really should be:
    Equipped non-fairy champion has Pariah and becomes Confused. If the champion is a Fairy, it instead gains Impenetrable and Regal Presence

17. Xirone

Could you remind me what the bug is?

18. Xirone

That would be much clearer, yes.

19. Xirone

I forgot to add that, it appears, Tortun Shell gives Unstoppable though it isn't mentioned in the text or added in the nora cost for the ability.

20. Xirone

More bugs, thanks for the help Karmavore!

Bestial Presence has an out-of-date description and Fairy Flight is mildly bugged. I'll update the main post

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Karmavore likes this.