Lonx BG

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Heine23, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Heine23

Heine23 New Member

2. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Here is my take on lonx. After a few very dismal defeats and some tweaking it now works alrite.
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C6iCgxChfCa5cqMc2qChhC4iCaqs7Ks16S2LS13s6nSNr1yrIe2PeHe2X
    Instead of the more expensive cleansing storm I have gone for blinding reflection and halberd. I found nora is extremely tight to get out key champs as well as keeping a snowblind up at all times. Between the two it counters a lot of stuff.
    Phoenix anklet is mostly for bounty hunter or throatrend. Cheiftain and Luminary are pretty easy to keep out of danger so don't need it on them.
    I included lost trails because I found that Lonx are strong mid game and you will get rushed.... a lot. Between trails and defender you have a chance of keeping your fonts. Trails can steal the thunder and tempo out of a rush. Just remember to not deploy or move into your font till the trap is sprung. Trails has that downside.
    Crown if for Chieftain. Once a lonx is on cooldown he can get in 3 taps for 9ap. Slap it on if it means a kill. Any extra def. gives you an edge.

As for your build get rid of the adept and ambusher. Adept is pretty meh and ambusher is just way overcosted.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Goyo likes this.
  3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would go with something like this:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/comC6iCgxChfCa5C2qChhC4iCaqs7Ks3ms19S2Ls5qs13r1_R30rIE2P
    Everything standard except for 2 keeneye crowns because they are so good with chieftains and call of the tundra. call of the tundra (could be replaced with summon ant, check the lore of that rune!) is to make solo powerplays with the throatrend lonx the summoned unit can deploy a ferren hideout, call the throatrend, engage to trigger flanking and then dish out his own damage, we are talking about 21 damage x 2 + 14 or so damage from the ant or yeti, without modificators. I think that equipping a phoenix anklet to the yeti from call of the tundra keeps him alive but that's bug abusing.

4. NaNcy

NaNcy The King of Potatoes

5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

This bg is possible without Chieftain? I'm trying to avoid Legendaries...

6. GabrielQ

nothing will be as nice as them, but you can try, you can use jakei starseers, jakei frost queens, juya or jakei heretics to replace them, no other lonx brings the needed range.

Goyo likes this.
  7. Scarebear

Chieftains are theme enablers along with Luminaries and Striker.
    Chieftain- Global +1 def on each hit defines the race. Having two on the board is godlike. Camaraderie offsets the upkeep of bounty hunters.
    Striker -The whole point of striker is to reveal chieftain if you get a bad draw. You also reveal your entire runedock by turn 5-6 so some things you may run 2x you can instead run 1x instead.
    Luminaries - Commander : Lonx. i think this guy is carrying around a little banner in his pocket :D

Goyo likes this.
  8. panic

panic The King of Potatoes

What Azaren does ? and what about lonx defender ?

9. GabrielQ

Azaren summons tusk the mastodon wich is a cartload of meat, he hits pretty hard with protective and has drive and divert.
    Lonx defender is subpar and font defender doesn't make it up for me.

10. Scarebear

Unless they can bypass def defender is nigh invincable. Having font defender in the same faction as gale and swap auto wins fonts. Hes isn't a 2x but imo hes worth a 1x slot.

Goyo likes this.
  11. pyrofarmer

pyrofarmer New Member

None of these bg's have a shatter option, is there anything good that would work in this deck? I'm finding when I play my bg that I regularly lose to annoying pieces of equipment.

12. Scarebear

There is rebound if you must. Only need 1x since draw is rarely a problem. You could splash outside theme for a shatter champ but I found lonx work best full theme.

13. GabrielQ

Frostfall icewisps and yeti trackers are exellent choices

14. pyrofarmer

pyrofarmer New Member

ok thanks, I think ill try them out, see if anything fits

15. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I remember groaning about my playing Lonx again xD. Great choice on a starter theme, they're my favorite- this was what I last played:

[​IMG]