Many of the new exo seem to be severely lacking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Aug 22, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

snow shroud requires a snow space. scrapper just requires you to attack.

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

You tend to lose all credibility usually when someone sees you abusing snow shroud to it's fullest in game. Try to form an unbiased thought before posting next time.

Anima26 and BroWatchThis like this.
  3. super71

Apparently you don't know how easy it is to get snow out for st. Their is a reason were seeing snow shroud abused right now and not homicidal thug.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What does this mean?

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

dictate takes ap from another champ, exertion just generates it. dictate cost 3 ap and 8 hp for 1 dmg and 3 ap. exertion cost 8 hp for 3 ap. They are very similar abilities and both around the same strength.

After looking at these 2 abilities closely I think exertion may be a more useful ability than dictate atm before even considering their cost. exertion just gives ap to a champ, dictate on the other hand takes it from another friendly champ. There is no way dictate should be more than 4 nora, lol.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    BroWatchThis likes this.
  6. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I havent even really looked at the new exo powers closely yet. . (cuz im stuck playing a deck with 4 priest, 4 shaman, 2healers*, and 2 champs with regen,, 20x, omg so much fun)
    fun fact,,, unless im wrong,, SP has 2 priest in the whole fac, not including new exp,, so gl))
    ,, but the art ,,, wow,,, I love it,, the whole dam expansion,,, well done!!!

7. Sokolov

Ah, yes, I misread what you said so was confused. So the idea with Dictate and why it was so strong on the Enforcer previously is that it allows you to tap otherwise potentially useless champions for resources. Losing HP on your expensive frontline champion is very different than losing HP on some random Sapling or Skeleton.

That said, it is possible that Dictate got overnerfed in this regard - it should either take AP or HP, not both.

I am pretty certain the AP clause was added tho because Dictate was being used to catapult a first turn deploy, but there are other ways to resolve that.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

even if it didnt take ap exertion would still be much better with dictates current cost. If it just took ap and not hp I think it would still be overcosted like 4-5 nora. If dictate gave the hp taken to the champ that used dictate as well as the ap then it would be alot better but still not worth 10 nora, more like 6 or 7 nora.

9. Sokolov

I disagree. I think you underestimate the value of the HP on the actual champion relative to being able to pick where the HP comes from.

vitor, Baskitkase and 0ryuk0 like this.
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

It's about how much nora it cost to be able to do that though. In most cases players would much prefer to have a cheaper champion than to have that option.

exertion 3 is currently 3 nora. if dictate stopped requiring ap or hp exertion would still be heavily favored over 10 nora dictate and I would still much rather have no ability(-10 nora) than even the improved dictate if it still costed 10 nora, it still would just not be worth its cost. In its current form dictate would be properly costed at 3-4 nora at the most if that. Can you please revert the changes on dusk creeper(and unholy tomb until the faction bonus is enhanced...) o_O

BroWatchThis likes this.
  11. super71

I believe your underestimating the fact that you have to damage one of your own champs 8 hp, 8 hp is alot of hp to lose and i don't think your factoring in your other champ loses up to 3 ap and you gain that ap. If it was just doing damage to a champ and you gained 3 ap it might not be bad, however your other champion is losing up to the 3 ap also. Right now i can't think of a situation where i would use dictate unless i had no other choice and it was to kill off a pesky champ, even then the 3 ap the other champ loses might be all you need to kill it anyways.

12. Sokolov

You seem to be missing the fact that we just finished discussing exactly that.

Note what I quoted:

In other words, I am not saying 8 HP isn't a lot. I am saying that it's valued less when you get to choose who the 8 HP is taken from. i.e. I am disagreeing that Extertion is much better on the basis of the HP target being different.

In other words, the raw HP loss isn't a valid way of thinking about it, because the target of the HP loss matters a lot.

And yes, we are talking about a scenario where it doesn't take AP.

13. Sokolov

I don't remember exactly what changed with Dictate or if I was even the one who did it, but I am pretty sure it was always +1 DMG. But yea, the +DMG is kind of interesting on it in that it changes the dynamic a little bit long-term.

But it definitely didn't used to take AP (I can see it in my system here). You might be right that it got +1 CD too.

So I think the AP thing does suck, and we can prevent the draw win via starting it on CD probably (tho starting at CD3 doesn't feel that great either), so perhaps something like would feel better without being too crazy:

Target friendly non-Illusion champion within 3 spaces loses 5 HP and this champion permanently gains +1 DMG and 2 AP. This ability begins on CD. (8 nora, 0 AP, 2 CD)

But yea, the Regen thing and being able to use it on champs for which you really don't care about the HP as much or it's just gonna heal it back in some way is exactly what I mean when I say that one shouldn't underestimate being able to choose the HP target.

Goyo likes this.
  14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I don't see how I could be underestimating this ability, it currently isn't any stronger than exertion yet cost more than 3 times as much nora. It's not even on any ranged champs atm, this ability sucks lol.

15. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yes I do.
    U need to create snow or ice. You give up a basis attack, its 4 AP. As Sok said its a support ability. With Scrapper u land a basic attack and deals dmg.
    I belive snowshroud is used more often then not on engaged champions

16. Sokolov

17. Sokolov

It's possible we are biased because we remember how good it was in certain scenarios. But I am confused by how you cannot fathom why the HP loss being targeted instead of self isn't a huge deal.

18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Sok ... Why are you trying? Just smile, nod and go do something more constructive than talking to those people, you won't get much done here <.<

19. Sokolov

How do you feel about this version, @DMrBadguy? We swap the AP loss on the target with starting on CD, reduce the base HP loss to 5 with a CD 2. This changes the HP loss to AP ratio to 2.5 from 2.66, but doesn't change the overall AP gain/CD (1). I does, however, mean more DMG procs. As long as we keep this off Ranged units, I am ok with this I think.

yobanchi, Goyo and daeminicus like this.
  20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

who are you? o_O