Many of the new exo seem to be severely lacking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Aug 22, 2015.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Are you running him in a bleed deck?

While the champ as a whole isn't all amazing, the blood convergence ability regularly does 25 + damage when i use it.

The high cost of the champ is not down to blood convergence, but 7 speed, 2-4 range, and some expensive other abilities.

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Hmm i am curious how you are getting 25 damage ? With bloodgoyle and even griefbearer's fountain the highest i guess you could get is maybe 24, with all that the combo is like 200 nora almost ? For 4 champs sitting in a tight circle i rather use x2 maddening for 70 nora.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

23 is about my standard use -- which requires 6 bloodballs in a AoE 4 centered on the target. That isn't so hard if you run a full bleed deck, with 2x bloodgoyle, globe of deception, and shredding bracelet.

The highest i've made (in not so many games) is 38.

4. super71

Were talking a Bane Shift ton of nora to even get all that out, your spending like 70 nora just on bracelet and deception alone. I might like him more if his range was 1-3 and he lost some of his crazy expensive abilities.

I'll try some other things and see how it works, redcap twins seem to work well but that requires yet another rune down.

mw24 likes this.
  5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

2-4 range is awful, especially in UD. Who thought it would be a bright Idea to give him this range, it only gives half the UD faction bonus ffs.(on top of the range already sucking)

You would think they would have learned from nefari schemer. 2-4 range single handily shoeboxed that rune. wtf is going on?!? X___x

At least red cap twins went from terribad to just bad, that's a positive.

The greens need someone who specializes in this area to help them work on rune creation/balancing... The stats, ranges, and ability cost on alot of these champs seem completely random to anyone who knows better. 2-4 range,(in ud?!? wtf?) 8 dmg, and 83 nora is just wow. I would be laughing if this didn't make me so sad. solstice archer is lol. the new chirai looks half dead and he plays like that in game as well. Just because he is old he has to be 2 pounds?!? He is a leoss and he looks like if you touched him he would shatter into a million peices, lol.(very similar to how he is ingame with those trololol stats and range) They at least coulda gave him cool armor, demonstration of his abilities, or something to make him look menacing or powerful in his art. I knew he was bad just by looking at the art. When they said there would be a new leoss, I don't think this is what most people expected... Look at the new kanen! why couldn't leoss get something cool like that?!? -____-

I guess kanen and stitched won the war on the island based off of the recent additions and changes to leoss and tortun versus stitched and kanen. Leoss and tortun are getting rekt. Tortuns don't even have shells anymore apparently, I guess the kanen took them and Tortun finally reached the next level of shoebox with stability preventing them from being run in ff kf. (ff kf made them less bad) DMR would be proud.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  6. super71

Thoughts on maybe making him a 1-2 range champ, switching his life siphon for colossal and giving him +1 def ? Remove calcify on upgrade line 1 for regen 2? Should keep his cost around the same but will make him a bit tankier as bleed bg's don't really have a solid non-squishy tank.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

But it's not as tho the only use for those other runes are to facilitate Blood Convergence.

8. Sokolov

@badgerale and I have already been in discussion to some stat adjustments on him. Primarily we are talking about the RNG as well as reducing the SPD 7 for cost/other stats.

The thing about making him 1-1 or 1-2 tho is that it edges him even more towards similarity with the Soulbleeder/Thirster champions. So the current idea is to have him be 1-3 so he can get the UD bonus but is still largely a ranged champion for all intents and purposes.

9. super71

The problem though are his ability sets, they are all way too expensive life siphon and leech vitality are sandbags on his upgrade slots because he has 12 damage even if you lower the range . Calcify is also fairly bad and would be easily replaced by regen 2. With blood convergence i picture him as an in your face tank, not a ranged champ. All his current abilities literally scream melee champ with colossal because he's a big old fatty.

His speed should stay the same that's like the one reason he is runnable as a 2x2 rune.

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It's just as usual, the popular factions cry to get their stuff buffed ... sigh

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Some of these runes this expansion, not just exos, are very lopsided and juvenile.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

please give schemer back 1-x range.(looking for dusk creeper and unholy tomb changes to be reverted asap. ...................)

fw and ud are being destroyed X____x. Sometimes it gets boring spamming IS, would like to have more options again.

13. super71

I literally have no bias towards any faction i call for nerfs on everything and buffs on things that need it, abhorrent is in a real bad spot as a brand new rune. We can compare abhorrent and the new exo salamander if you like friend, i've seen the new salamander hit 26 damage like it's nothing.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

don't respond to stuff like this, some people are trolls, don't know wtf they are talking about, or just assume that anytime someone asks for something to be buffed they are a zealot.(not saying I agree with you 100% on the stuff u say either but boozha made that comment to just being annoying, there was no reason for him to even post that)

15. super71

Yeah the new sl exo seems to to come to mind, also not a fan of the way they are taking splits. K'thir and is construct split what the hell ? Also not a fan of all the 8 speed release lately, not much i can do about it though.

16. super71

It would be a lot easier for them to focus on a theme if they released many theme runes together. Each expansion just seems like more of a jumbled mess of things, would be much simpler if they designed runes that would fit well together in a full faction's theme versus releasing a treefolk , an archer, a wizard, a random construct, and a tortun ?

17. Sokolov

In the other thread you claimed that I was "releasing 8 SPD left and right" and that this was contributing to draw wins. I asked you which specific 8 SPD runes were making draw wins more possible, because they all tended to have drawbacks that stop that (I also mentioned that I was removing Empowered: Speed from the Splinehawk).

I'd be interested in your answer as I don't quite follow how an 8 SPD stasis or weighty champion contributes to draw wins.

There are pros and cons to doing it that way. We actually did several expansions awhile ago this way, and the Maljaran Block was largely this way.

The benefit is that, as you said, it allows for more cohesive feel to the expansion, as well as the ability to focus on the development of a specific theme. Thus, this approach was used when introducing new themes such as the Maljaran races and things like Myx and Ferren.

The drawback is that players who are not interested in the theme being developed get nothing new to play with, and in fact these complaints became very loud (both vocally and monetarily) after a few of those expansions (which is largely why they've stopped happening).

So the general approach I've taken in the expansions I have designed is to have plotthreads that focuses the design (almost every rune has an actual reason for existing, even if it isn't surfaced to the player). This is an approach that dates to Maljaran block actually where every rune had a couple of paragraphs about its background. In terms of which races and themes the expansion has it largely ties into the storyline, while also trying to fit some stuff in for players of other themes so that more people can enjoy the expansion. In some cases, like with the Salaman in this expansion, we'll release a few runes that ties into them so it's a mini version of what we are talking about, while leaving room for other themes as well.

Personally, I really like having full themes expansions, but long-term it really isn't fun for a lot of players.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

salaman are amazing. o_O everyone needs to try this bg, wow. forget ud and fw. I play salaman now! :D

19. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

I just wanna say, "how bad can a rune(Baron) be if TinyDragon is using it?"

Dictate is a really nice ability. being able to gain ap in combo with dark rising or other champ is really good. I thought Baron sucked too until @themacca pointed it out. I certainly run it at 85 with plummel.

NOW, if you're talking about Baron OUTSIDE of skellies, idk. He still is pretty good, plummel really helps him out. Dictate is not as strong when using Baron in FFFW, Bonus: SPD should probably be used.

@mw24 can you play more FW? I only saw you run that awful FW bg with dark knight. If you played more of the faction you're playing in(after expansion), maybe people would listen to what you have to say about the faction.

Speaking of Dark Knight, @Sokolov there seems to be this bug when it spawns behind the shrine :/

also, skellie raider is decent now, thanks. Please buff General just A BIT more, and fix Dark Knight

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

he doesn't always use the most broken bgs, I let him use my barons and he doesn't even use them anymore cus they suck. I already played skeletons and some different fw mixes, fw isn't any better than before the patch. http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/first-thoughts-about-the-changes.17989/ (scroll down to the teascholar post)

Skeletons got better, fw meta/mix got even worse with the creeper nerf.(which is the more important bg since skeletons aren't that competitive, just fun) Spirits improved but are still pretty bad and the dusk creeper nerf affects them. One of the new spirits doesn't even have race undead for some reason which is really bad...