Marsh Mercenary IS/FS

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by jayscales1, Mar 5, 2014.

1. jayscales1

jayscales1 The King of Potatoes

Template: the Trolls have given him a pass through the moutains, the marsh has accepted his ways, he obeys the bounties, He is the Hunter of all hunters.

Faction: Ironfist Stronghold/ Foglar Swamp
    Rune Name: Marsh Mercenary
    Race:
    Troll
    Class: Rogue
    Size: Small
    Rarity: Legendary/Limited
    Artwork
    : (Short Description)
    Flavor-Text: the Trolls have given him a pass through the mountains, the Swamp know of his intentions, both have accepted his ways, he obeys the bounties.

Nora Cost:

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    SPD: 7
    RNG: 1-4
    DEF: 1
    HP: 45

Champion Abilities
    Attack: physical
    amphibious, Rock defiance, lay trap boulder 2, detection 2, hidden rock, hidden water, declare hunted, combat awareness, mercenary

Upgrade Abilities
    Ability: lay trap fire 3
    Ability: entangling attack
    Ability: shatter
    Ability: lay trap boulder 3

I like the Idea of this particular champ being a troll for hire. hes a bounty man well known through out the marsh and the mountains,this particular champ would be the outcast of trolls that loves the game of hunting hence the traps and being able to declare an opponent , this rune will give the true meaning of being a hunter and provide the hidden rock unit that the trolls are missing.

• It fills the the stealth mercenary and provides shatter that the trolls needed.
    • because no troll has shatter,no troll has its range , and i like the idea of grounding and opponent to the trolls territory. (entangling attack)
    • there is no troll that provides shatter due to the tons of aoes played against the race this bandit would definitely stick out.
    • this rune is very competitive because IS users no longer have to clutch on engineers for shatter they can finally run a troll themed race and stray from the metas.
    • the idea of truly hunting a champ is created through playing this champ, from the moment he steps in he declares the target, he lays tons of traps and can definitely detect his opponent, but as a mercenary he doesn't come cheap ;)
    thanks and feedback welcomed :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    RedScarlet and xRugolth like this.
  2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

damn flavor-wise he's crazy cool. and his role within Trolls is nothing but original.

but IMO doesnt he sound a lot like a mix between Garin and Salaman Trapper into one expensive body?

why not Detection 1 instead to make him anti-stealth in 1v1, but not an option for a goodstuff Detection unit like SalaTrapper.

LT:B3 removed from upgrades (no one would want to take this since he has LT:B2 on base).

Maybe, remove Combat Awareness into something else? I think its too strong and relevant especially for Troll theme, where AoE is important against opposing Trolls. this guy's synergy would be really, really strong.
    there isnt many Detection champs that can go up 1v1 against this guy in sidefont... solutions against this kinda opponent would be:

SalaTrapper, Bok Warden, Guard Tower
    got nothing else. with CA, he's immune to:

(1) Sonic Elemental (fast runner ghetto detect to deny your chance to sneak into my font by teleporting into urs first)

(2) any non-Detection, AoE guessing champs with bombs/cones.

(3) any AoE spell that can be comboéd with a supporting utility Detection champion like Voil Transporter, or Griefbearer. because 1v1 he'll win.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  3. jayscales1

jayscales1 The King of Potatoes

thanks for the feedback and yea thats the real reason why i wanted this rune to have combat awareness as a hunter i feel hes very aware and i know tons of aoes get played against trolls i wanted this one to be different, but thats understandable even if remove combat awareness, lower detection to detection 1, remove boulder 3 and add frost trap 3, i think it'll still be a competitive rune loower nora cost to 80