Meta BGs

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by attio26, Dec 28, 2015.

1. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

I was wondering what runes you guys would class as tier 1?

Hard to see what would make up a themeless, meta FS bg nowadays

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

FS themes are stronger than meta these days. Semi-aquatics, snapteeth, or psyhics are the way to go.

Flyingfinn likes this.
  3. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

I completely agree, but say you did want to put together a meta bg...

4. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Horn of order, marsh song, drown, tidemaster, poison trap, pond of lillies, reverberating blast, firk mindshredder, boghopper dredger, firk paraform

5. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

6. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Mine atm.

Untitled.png

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

My FS meta BG!

[​IMG]

attio26 likes this.
  8. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Who in the heck runs a dredger? those things are awful.

9. doubtofbuddha

Boghopper Dredger is not in any way, shape, or form awful.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Wut?

11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

when a fs meta runew gets called awful.
    Q.Q

12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I just started playing again so I don't know how is the meta nowadays, but I've been giving a look to some runes and put together a simple bg outline based on AP generation/relocation/little combos.

Melee options:

0-2 Tortun Captain: Ready, TT: fast, durable, vigorous cry to gen AP
    1-2 Tortun Hawker: Detection and Declare target: cheap, detects, generates ap and has a ranged attack, what do people run for detection? this seems to be the better option in FS, synergizes with captains.
    0-2 Firk paraform Assault and NKD: unbeliable staying power
    0-2 boghopper dredger: Ponderous blows and grappling hook: exellent unit, efficient, watershed anchors are amazing and provide water support and grappling hook makes him fast to capture fonts, overrides lethargic and relocates enemies too
    1-2 salaman elite: swap and encouraged: good damage output, with support is a beast.

Ranged options:

0-2 Augur of the deep: slam and jolt: good all around ranged unit with non targeted damage, knockback always is an issue for the opponent and is good for combos
    1-2 Tide Master: Leap 3 and domain water: well, tide master, water gen, non targeted damage and good magic damage source
    0-2 Circadian forcemage: Mirefolk revival and multiattack/stat bonus: needs water support, but is a cheap divine favor unit with good combat capability and sinergizes with knockback, provides control
    0-1 darkmarsh witch: Grant: action potion and leap 3: AP gen and healing(charged healing) with good combat stats

Support options

0-1 Tortun portalmage: Deploy charged 2 and charged heal: 5 speed but top cleric and with a strong summon.
    0-2 Firk mind shredder: swap 3: swappy and pingy, extra fun if you can stealth him.
    0-1 boghopper shaman: healing
    Hero options:
    Slick and buzz: Grant action potion and evasive 2 (to save nora) or flash bomb: AP gen, metamorphosis, acid bomb, he works well

Stealthy options:
    Salaman commando: trickster and provision: offense: stealthy and can destroy relics is a good combination, equipped can do good damage.

Spells/relic/equips: we are looking for immediate impact primarily
    Drown
    Undertow
    Monsoon
    Reverberating blast
    Backfire
    -
    Poison trap
    tortun land cannon
    watershed anchor
    spirit altar
    -
    Horn of order
    darkmarsh helm
    Goading mask (duel on commando and elite can be lethal)
    tidemaster bandoleer (water gen, mobility)
    Reverberating bracelet (spot KB)

So something like:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CgPCb2Cb3cz6ckzCxmcoHC5qCyDcxxcims1Sdsms54rNrWr2ar48e1be2qe2we1H

With augur + force barrier
    Watergen with dredger, tide master and bandoleer for independency
    Lots of AP gen

IronStylus and Leadrz like this.
  13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Really, really, great to see you back. Seriously.

Ohmin, Leadrz and GabrielQ like this.
  14. GabrielQ

Elder Murkwurm is amazing.
    75 nora
    Excellent stats
    Trail provides water for semi aquatics and is a complication for your enemies
    Fry can output a lot of damage
    Hungry Mire is amazing, it provides water for drowning and frying, AoE damage and sharply increases the dangerousness of augurs. your boghoppers can jump above it or you can override it with water front or tidal wave to move your other units without waiting.

Ohmin and doubtofbuddha like this.
  15. doubtofbuddha

I like Elder Murkwurm but I don't usually end up playing him in my semi-aquatic bgs, mostly because a) he is not a mirefolk and the mirefolk bonuses are too strong to ignore and b) there are just other really good options.

I do run him in Fry bgs where he is excellent, and he seems like a solid option for FS meta.

16. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

Save some sorrow for tomorrow

17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

@GabrielQ I'm wondering if you've had much of a chance to take a look at the Firk Voidmage.

For me it's been my go-to mainstay as far as ranged beaters since it came out. Though I'm sure part of that is that I'm still using Privateer Captains as well.

18. GabrielQ

I will test him, he looks up to par with augurs and tidemasters on paper.

19. doubtofbuddha

I like the firk voidmage, it just seems that FS has a lot of better options.

What do you guys think are the mainstays out of FS ranged meta champions?

20. GabrielQ

I think that tide masters and augurs do too much not to consider them.
    Both with good speed, mobility and non targeted damage, tide master fills everything with water allowing you to use semiaquatics and drown and augur's damage output and position control is simply too great.