Mmrv

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by st3ck, Jul 25, 2014.

1. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Is he still 90% of the people on this forum?

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

yes

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

seems low

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

there's a little of merv in all of us

reskk, st3ck and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

could one of you oldies tell a newbie the tale of this infamous player know as Mmrv?

6. st3ck

Back in the good ol days of pox, attack and defense happened before damage. For each point of attack greater, 1% more damage, for each point of defense greater, 2% less damage.

Well SL bonus used to be +20 defense. MMRV, and his hoard of alternate personalities went on a balance crusade against SL and got the bonus nerfed like, 3 times, first to 18, the. 16, then 14.

He would do this fairly regularly, and loudly. I remember a (many)thread in which his original account, mmrv, made a thread and the first 9 replies or so were all his alts.

There is/was a theory, that is hard to refute, that we are all actually mmrv, and no one actually posts here but him. Although to be honest, I don't know what his current toon is named.

This wasn't the full story, but he has a soft spot in all the old SL players hearts for kicking SL while it was down. Nerf first, buff never.

Morfeas, Sepulcher and Sirius like this.
  7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

You forgot Leeches.

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Some say he crawled out of the filthiest hole in the earth to ruin the dreams of children. Others say he blew into town one day with an air of pestilence about him to deliver us all into the deepest realms of insanity. But one thing remains true, no matter which story you hear: the terror known as MMRV has never been matched by any living being in this game's history. And even the hardiest and toughest of Poxnora's longbeards feel a shiver down their spine at the mention of his name.

But Poxnora didn't always cower in fear of MMRV. There was a time, long before his arrival, when we all lived in peace and harmony together. No arguments, no trolling, and perfect balance in the game. Ah yes, these were the golden years; where the mighty strongholds of IS glimmered proudly on the mountain tops, and the stoic halls of our forums had never yet been tainted by the presence of such evil. The wise among us knew that this paradise would not last. That, eventually, our glorious home would fall victim to a curse of dreadful proportions that would cast down our traditional way of being, as is the way with all Utopian societies. This curse soon arrived in the form of MMRV.

He was young when he first arrived, far too young for any among us to think more of him than a minor annoyance. But little did we know that this mere child was Satan in disguise, bent on the total destruction of our wonderful Poxnora. He began with innocuous threats, veiled and cowardly so as to hide is true purpose. These did not last long however, as he soon tired of our dismissive attitude towards his antics. He became raving mad, like a wild thing reminiscent of our hominid ancestors. No form of logic could calm him, no counter-argument restrain him, and no insult phase his shattered psyche. There was no hope for him even from the beginning, as he was characteristically flawed in the most deep-seated way. To argue with MMRV was unthinkable, as he would fly into a reckless, hate-filled frenzy, leaving nothing but sadness and distrust in his wake. The dark days had indeed arrived. This was the time of MMRV that no one dares speak aloud about, when our world was ravaged by his malice.

And suddenly, like hurricane brought in by the sea, he was gone. No trace could be found of him, and no word was left as to his whereabouts. What he left behind was not the Poxnora you know today, but a fragile, broken thing that was twisted beyond all recognition. Those that remained alive and sane could not shake the feeling that MMRV was still among us, hiding in the shadowy world of the alts. It was too good to be true, they thought. Surely he would not leave us when there was still so much damage he could do. These people who doubted MMRV's departure were called The Keepers, for they maintained all the knowledge of MMRV in great annals for future generations to read and ponder. They passed down his story, for fear that MMRV would eventually arise once again in all his glory, under a different name and in a different time. They believed that MMRV's powers were so great that he had transcended all bounds of mortality and became an ethereal being of pure energy, infesting all those he had once tormented with a portion of his being. The Keepers are thought to be MMRV's closest disciples, those whose bond with MMRV is the strongest, and who can channel his immense rage for brief periods.

And thus, in a way, we are all MMRV. His presence is as strong among us now as it was during the dark days. The Keepers remain vigilant, closely guarding MMRV's secrets, yet preaching his gospel whenever they can. In telling you this tale, I have done my own duty as a Keeper. Now go, young one, and spread the word of MMRV until your dying day!

Sincerely,

MMRV.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Qucas, Molosse, Sepulcher and 7 others like this.
  9. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I liked it better when the UD and SL bonuses canceled eachother out :(

Grand General Mosh and SPiEkY like this.
  10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

So I take it there was no Ignore button on the forums of old. How yall fought off such horror is beyond me.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

mmmmmhm

+1

tenletters

quotepyramids

stayflyazn likes this.
  12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

thebest

13. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

those were the days

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

yea when this one skinny asian kid still played

good times

15. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Ugh. I was hoping never to read this tired joke ever again.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

zombies

17. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

zombies?

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

When they ask us who MMRV is, this is how we reply!!!

19. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

zombies

20. st3ck

Ahhhh, incredible. Great responses. Does anyone know factually a current mmrv alt?