MovnTarget's Moving Target of Balance Patch 3

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by MovnTarget, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Im not adding the list of changes i made into yet another thread. I gave up on that.

Faust and Razzoriel like this.
  2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

So what I'm getting here is "plz make SL like it used to be"?

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

probably what we need is more 80 nora melee

bonus points for phys damage and 2x2

claydude5 likes this.
  4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I know i sayd i wouldnt but damn your suggestions suck.

Sundered Lands
    Beezick: remove "Deploy: Half Hive" from base, gain "Hive(the ability on the relic)" base.
    Draksars Synergy and Flavour: Remove "Violent(5)" from most draksars and replace it with any of the following if it makes sence(this are flavourful changes for their mutating nature):
    *"Adaptation(8)" (works with speed solo fighters like serpentors, forerunner, explorer, etc.)
    *"Camouflage(2)/Sand Camo(2)" (works with any draksar)
    *"Bestow(2)" (works for Tanks and Supports)
    Blackscale Centurion: Regen 3 to base,
    Upgrade Path1: Command: Block, Command: Dodge, Command: Charge
    Insexs: Give "Habitation" to a couple insexs instead of creep an crawl..
    Ambush(SL Spell): Reworked to give the ability "Ambush(ability)" and cloak to all friendlys to unlock an entire BG building path. (Should have a duration).
    Sand Synergy and Flavour: This abilities could be added to sand champs to make them more unique:
    *"Dehydrate(5)" (works for stealthy melees and debuffers).
    *"Cristallyze(5)" (works for supports and sand terraformers).
    *"Quicksand" abilities and spells could be made as sand impediments. (like deep water) or it could even be made so that if you dont move you get deeper and deeper. Options are casteable AoE, single square effect, auras and on hit effects all make this mechanic very versatil if implemented.

Drone Signal(SL Spell): Reworked so you target owned myx and an acid version of Artillery Strike hits the area at the start of your next turn. It makes more sence than summoning meat.. and its more fun and tricky!
    Broodguard(SL Spell): Rework so it ALSO causes tremors from all relics too.
    Draconic Pulsar(SL Spell): Knocking from the center and dealing magic dmg instead of fire.
    Touch of Vindrax(SL Spell): Reworked completely to grant to target champ "Charge(rank 1)" and "Break the Line", if the target is a dragon it gains Charge (rank3) instead, if the target is a 2x2 unit then it also gains "Crazy Charger", for 4 turns.
    Bonesplitter Maul(SL equip): With Brutes and Druids and random champs getting Rogue SL has less warriors every time so there could be a rework to this equip to give Excertion and Knockback(rank 3) or something around..
    Blaspheme(SL Spell): Its the most awesome ground sealer but somehow it just doesnt work on a spell.. Maybe enemy champs on sealed ground gain "Faithless" and "Distracted" for 2 turns.
    Blood of the Dragon(SL Spell): An entire spell just for damage shield? affected dragonkins should get something else.. defensive dragonlike stuff.
    Nora Trap(SL Spell): Could work like "Loot(FS spell)" but for nora? or like a negative "Resonance(ability)" that lows dmg.. dunno.. it has NEVER seen play..
    Valdac synergy:
    May i ask to spread the "Demi-god" class to a couple more SL champeons?
    This are the best candidates i could find:
    Akakios, Vinny, Vex, Skybreak Dragon, Skywing Eminent, SL doombringuer and Dreadnought.

Basilisk Templar's lore reads: ""The Templars of Valdac worship the tenets of Sezinok and the Aspect of Violence. They ride atop basilisk mounts whose gaze turns the living into stone cold statues. Victims of the gaze are still alive and aware, but unable to move.""
    Templars are excelent candidates for "Valdac's Chosen" on base or upgrade! (The magic attack's synergy with their Petri Gaze abilit would be awesome!)

devrn likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

1. Ravenspeaker for magical (yeah Firk your reasoning on why it shouldn't)
    2. Range for Myx, not in 3 months expansion time, now. Firk sandlion
    3. Skeezick rioter needs alliance base so his swarms get it. Then realize this is cool and give it to every skeezick base, thanks
    4. Blackguard/warmage/totem, don't suck. (see 3 partially)
    5. Do something about draksar evolving in a bunch of weirdos of whom the best are only played in meta

6. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Master Trapsmith is a neat idea for a champ, but is kind of awkward to fit into a skeez deck at his cost, and decent in-theme detection would be nice.

7. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

I'd actually argue master trapsmith is a terrible core concept for a champ. Traps in themselves are okay, but taken to his extreme he's a rune that potentially helps set up so many traps that the enemy won't move forward. This creates a stalemate condition. Which is just stupid. He has no offensive capability and can't even get his core mechanic to work without another champ he's just there and useless. It's sad he's the only real detection in skeez but oh well. I'd honestly be in favor of him losing at least one grant ability to bring his cost down and give him a basic attack. Even then he'd be terrible. He's one of the few runes I think need a complete rework to be honest.

8. Schmacko

Some in faction stuff that probably needs nerfs:
    Skywing rumbler: Probably needs to have surge dragon 2 downgraded to surge dragon 1.
    Transmission relay: Might need a 5 nora cost bump a hp decrease or both. On a large map in a long game dragons become immortal. Conceptually this is cool, but honestly attrition games suck. They suck against FW and they suck against SL.

9. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Please, for the love of all that is holy and good, do not make your nerf reasons be stuff like "x decktype sucks". Why is attrition wrong, just because you don't like it? If we were to follow this line of thinking, we wouldn't be left with anything except a single decktype, if even that.
    That being said, I do agree Transmission Relay might be too much, though it is of course reliant on the power of the stuff it brings back. I would suggest one of the following changes:
    - make it work either like Obelisk of Foresight, where it sacrifices HP for every use (in which case, we might wanna turn it ino an activated effect)
    - like Greenhouse, where you pay nora to activate the effect (moreso referring to the second effect, that brings back a dragon)
    - limit the amount of activations the effect has
    - limit the amount of free activations the effect has before you have to start paying for it, with either relic hp or nora.

I'm in favor of a change that makes it sacrifice hp for effect.

10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Discouraging forward enemy movement while you build your skeezick numbers seems like a useful thing.

11. Schmacko

Then you should use skeezick trapper. He's 2oish nora cheaper can drop three dif traps himself without another rune to give the traps too. Can place traps faster. And he can attack and benefit from skeez alliance. The master trapsmith really brings nothing to the table for his cost.

Trapdecks (2x trapper + 2x master + whatevs else) when fully played out result in turtle standoffs, where you have this trapped DMZ with all your units on one side and all your opps on the other just staring at each other waiting for the other to move. You potentially create a situation where neither side can win. It's terrible. It probably wouldn't be an issue if there was someway to get rid of traps other than stepping on them or using one of the two trap eater champs, but there isn't.

12. Schmacko

Attrition isn't wrong. It just sucks to play against. There's a difference. It makes the game very unfun. There's honestly no worse feeling in poxnora than outplaying your opponent. Killing more champs than he has killed and having font advantage for an extended period of time just to watch it all come crumbling down due to never ending meat. This isn't a case of x champs are op or that theme is op. Its just the whole playstyle sux.

The idea to make the dragon cooldown to zero an activated ability that costs relic hp is interesting. Would people still run it if they could only get 4 champs back out of it?

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Detection on trapsmith doesn't make sense to me. He stands back and lets others deploy traps. Grant detection for his current cost might be worth it. Otherwise ditch detection and give a chain that has bone trap, dwarven mead trap, and acid trap.

Kampel and Sirius like this.
  14. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

the cost of the trapsmith is artificially wrong, in the moment that is corrected he would be good to go I think.
    He's superior to trapper in that he can give his traps to a filcher or machinist to do a sudden near 30 damage setup.
    he doesn't need alliance anymore, and maybe he could use some relocation based utility like pull or grappling hook, as he cannot use his traps on his own, he could very well help them going off once somebody else puts them down.

Kampel likes this.
  15. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Skeez Alliance is cool now, but should probably cost a bit less.

16. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

priest of fury should get disciple of the scale instead of dmg shield fire in the second upgrade tree

Sealer0 likes this.
  17. Goodkeenan

Goodkeenan The King of Potatoes

Yeah I love petrifying gaze, it's one of my favourite most synergetic things for him. But Dunes Manticore - a rune in the same faction has it and dunes manticore costs the same as templar but is a better unit overall (between having sandstriker and trail sand for 78 nora)

For me, putting punishing aura back on Templar would give me a good enough reason to run him.

18. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

imo that would make templar a bit over the top.

Dunes manticore isnt a better rune.

19. Goodkeenan

Goodkeenan The King of Potatoes

I disagree, I think Dunes manticore is a better rune. Especially when it comes to contribution. Basilisk templar aside from petrifying gaze offers nothing more than our other 70-80 nora beaters/tanks. Plus he's a 2x2. If Punishing aura could get added to his second upgrade tree instead of something like crushing charge which I've never seen anybody use since the revamp, he'd be amongst the best runes in a draksar BG but I don't think he'd be a top meta rune even at that.

20. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Dune's manticore has more abilities, but is not a better rune