Mutant Doctor

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by vipoid, Jul 16, 2016.

1. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Why does the Mutant Doctor not have Charged Heal as his base ability (for the second upgrade path)?

Hell, why are there even options for non-charged abilities on his second upgrade path?

It means he has 2 different methods for collecting charges (Death Charged and Harvest Organs), but has bugger all to spend them on.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

he got nerfed pretty harshly, been bad ever since

Goyo likes this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I think it'd be pretty cool to give him a recharge option. So he can be really good at mutating stuff

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Charge mechanic should go. Post revamp them got useless or overpowered.

super71 likes this.
  5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Charge abilities were implemented without any thought whatsoever, most champs are either really bad or super powered and it's been that way since release. Poor homicidal thug, hasn't been played in forever.

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Am I the only one who thinks the charge mechanic works really well.

Deploy charge is kinda stupid but the others seem to work ok.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The problem I see with charges is that it isn't granular enough to be balanced well. Right now you can get 1/2/3 charges per action. 3 charges is 3x better than 1 charge, and 1.5x better than 2 charges. 2 charges is 2x better than 1 charge. For cases that 1 charge isn't quite enough, 2 charges can be way too powerful. To keep from getting too far out of hand, charge abilities could cost double the current number of charges, and charge abilities could be changed to 1-6 instead of 1-3. 2/4/6 would be equal to what we have now, and for those champs that need to charge just a little slower, 1/3/5 would be available.

8. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

The other aspect is that the same number of charges can yield vastly different effects.

Eradicate in particular needs an excessive number of charges to do anything significant. Now, if you can get charges quickly, that's fine. But if (like Matriarch Sarinda) you've got Supercharged 1 . . . well have fun with that.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Exactly, Matriarch Sarinda is an example of where 1 charge per gain is too little, but two charges per gain would be too much. If Eradicate was 2 damage for 2 charges, then she could have Supercharged 3, and be able to deal 6 damage per 2 turns instead of 4, since 4 damage per turn seems excessive.

10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Idk abuse charged on certain champs is terrible.