Mutation BG

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by RKane, Apr 29, 2014.

1. RKane

RKane Member

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgLCi2CptCoDCgVCgZCgXCgBcqis6Ls6wS4isas84s73sYsHrPr2qE34

Here is my hastely formed deck based around mutation, but im certain it can look way better. Taking into account my limited SL experience, feel free to suggest changes or even post your own mutation bg and comment on the viability of said bgs in ranked. I do get the feeling it isnt that competitive but seems rather fun to play. Thanks in advance.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Marines never worked for me. Yeti and BigArm fill exactly the same spot. Keeping with the 2xCV plan, I'd run 2x Paradigm and 2x Archers instead, there's already plenty of Mutation targets to go around.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would ditch the Marines too. With CV you'll be generating a lot of charges, so maybe an Aspect of Violence if you have one. Otherwise you could add a couple Draksar Archers for more ranged. I like to run a Taint for the Netmasters so they can benefit from Violence and Regen 3, allowing me to take Cripple and Debilitate as upgrades. I would also put Quicken in, that way you can get off 2 attacks with your Homicidal Thugs easier, which gets them enough charges for the mutation. Horiffic Mutation and Myx Matriarch can get your thugs up to speed 10. Mimic is in my example just for fun, you could replace it with other stuff.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgLCptCoDCgVCgZcaKCgXCgBs6Ls6wS4isaS6Us84S5tS7usYrPr2q

4. RKane

RKane Member

Pretty solid suggestions. Appreciate the efforts everyone.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Ahh, yeah, I think I played a game against you, and your homicidal thug with BSM dominated me.

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

My post was left open to misinterpretation, my bad. Those were 2 completely different statements :

- Marines r suck (as in, don't run them)

- Yeti and Persecutor do the same thing. Pick one.

8. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't run Marines unless you run Psions as well to pop ally:fs. If you decide to run taint, as suggested above, you can actually put the protective upgrade on the yeti to use (if you wanted to upgrade that).

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

so much monies tho

also you could deploy rumbler then broodqueen for 137, invig the rumbler and 2shot something. not mutation, but if you're looking to spend that much money

10. RKane

RKane Member

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

the cooldowns on the mutation abilities are a joke, it takes extremely long to get a champion fully upgraded, they should have gone the other way and make the charges hard to adquire instead, but hey, maybe the revamp fixs that.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

RKane likes this.