myx bg

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by lusians, May 4, 2014.

1. lusians

lusians The King of Potatoes

any advice on myx bg?

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Myx it up?

I can't be of any real help, I've never played Myx.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

4. lusians

lusians The King of Potatoes

5. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

Uh...except that BG has a whopping 6 Myx. IMO, a themed battlegroup means 90% of the units...FOLLOW the theme...

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C7ZcfFcfGCaLCaZCaKCaJCf1cfDS6Ls8os84s2-s73rPr2qR2+r19e1Ve1FE1O

Try that. Close to what I use. A: mostly Myx. Allow the Dunewalkers for Sand Veil.
    Get rid of the Drone Signals: useless. Get rid of the excessive reliance on dragons (WTF? nothing to do with Myx...) 2x Slashers is kinda pricey...Adamants aren't as useful but easier to get.
    Keep the Purge, but pick up Acid Storms for AOE. Also consider adding Scouring Jasper for AD and quick Scouring.
    Mantid is for detection...otherwise you're lacking it. Cheap, plus stealth.

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

This is the myx deck I linked in some previous thread asking essentially the same thing. I've run this deck with a substantial amount of success.

Important upgrades that slightly deviate from the norm in this deck:
    Imp Speed on Matriarchs
    Consume on the Broodlords
    Consume on Snogvie

Imp speed because speed is good and consume because you should have a number of drones out at any given time to heal up with, and if push comes to shove drone signal makes some great spot damage + full heal.

And to the poster above a deck does not need to consist of 90% myx to be a myx deck. Especially when the theme is so underdeveloped. This deck for example is built around a myx core, and because the myx are lacking a number of important elements in a strong deck you naturally have to pick non myx things to fill those gaps.

Edit: And for the record the Myx Adamant is bad, like really really bad.

7. GabrielQ

yeah, please note that the deck I proposed has 6 myxs and movn's (that actually played them) has only 5, that's because the rest are bad.
    Also keep in mind that this doesn't mean that you are going to play with few myxs in the board, there will be plenty of drones everywhere unless you are doing things wrong.

8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

For the record, I've got 7. 2 broodlords, 2 matriarchs, 2 snipers, 1 slasher. But overall you are quite right, run the few good ones, spam pupae, fill in the holes with other stuff.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  9. GabrielQ

wait, I have 8 then, the guy who complained didn't even counted correctly.

10. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

I didnt count at all. Im looking at the number of non-Myx units you have. If a deck is called a '____ deck' because it has 2 ___ units you really like...o_O That's not a theme deck. That's you putting in crap cus you like it. Can I make a deck entirely based around a single Leoss and bunch of other random non-leoss champs? Sure. That doesnt make it a Leoss deck.

My point stands. By all means put whatever you want in. But I wouldn't personally accept any of those decks as 'Myx decks' if they rely so heavily on other units. I never said running a pure-Myx battlegroup was easy, or smart. But that's a different question...

11. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

With two slashers you don't need to waste a spot on Mantid for detection.

12. Schmacko

I think these are all important upgrades for newer players who might run more traditional upgrades. I like running taint so that the matriarch can also improve the speed of any draks you're running as well. Consume is also why drone signal is not a useless spell like stargorger says it is.

13. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

Right. My point is: if you can't get 2 Slashers (seeing as theyre rather expensive...), use a Mantid. That's all.

14. devrn

devrn I need me some PIE!

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

so stargorger

would you call this a myxmix then?

16. Schmacko

I see what you did there.

17. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

lol yes. Yes I would. :) Like I said I dont see anything wrong with the deck...I just assumed the OP wanted a pure-Myx BG, which that wasn't, that's all.

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

a "pure myx" deck isn't feasible yet. not enough myx, really, and not enough good myx besides.

19. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

Well I agree. All of the Wild Alliance themes are un-developed, unfortunately. I have a pure Myx deck but even then I have to fill it out with Acid Elementals and an Avatar.

20. Kalythmos

Kalythmos The King of Potatoes

Now the myxes are very weak without the umportant upgs, Imp speed, Consume .... :(
    I hope someone will recognise that myx BG will disappers and have to change something...