Named runes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legato, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Was there ever an official response to what is the community's mostly a ubiquitous desire to have these become Unique?

I've yet to deploy two in a game...it just feels wrong.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    Imperatrix, Xiape, soulmilk and 3 others like this.
  2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

thought this would be a thread about named tokens...

anyways, yes, named runes should be unique.

3. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Thirion, I would like to introduce you Thirion, Thrion, and Thirion.

4. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Doesn't make any more sense when it is something Like a Talgar attacking a Talgar

5. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

There should be an option for these, too.

6. st3ck

Once upon a time, you could not have heros face each other. If i had vindrax out, and you deploy vindrax, they would both die.

Im not opposed to this happening again.

Etherielin, TeaNinja, Osidan and 3 others like this.
  7. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

sameeee

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Bump because I agree and think its important to have a green response on the subject.

9. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Is there an option to make a named rune allowed in a deck less than once? Because that's how I feel about Shallaxy

10. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Two Koronas in play? Cool.
    Two Thirions in play? Cool.
    Two G'hern Birthmothers in your BG? No. Of course not. That would be silly.

SPiEkY, Moglieone, soulmilk and 4 others like this.
  11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You forgot Moog! And the Firk hero Cthulhu.

12. allyorbase

unique2.jpg
    unique.jpg

That's awesome news, but you may want to tell the game, too...

13. allyorbase

Yes. When I opened up Korona and saw "Deck Limit: 2" in my rune manager, I did a double take. It's totally bonkers.

The reason G'hern were given Unique to begin with was to keep people from just running 2x of the 3 best G'hern -- it was to promote variety in BG-building. But if you have 2 Koronas and are allowed to run 2, you're apt to run 2 Koronas, because she's really good and cost effective. Aaaaaand etcetera etcetera etcetera. The opposite of Highlander! To embrace the concept of "unique = BG-diversity" for SP Mogas, but ignore it everywhere else in the game... it doesn't make sense.

TeaNinja likes this.
  14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Unique was removed just not to cluster the base abilities. The intention is to keep x1 Ghern per bg, so thats WAI.
    What isnt is Named runes not having the same treatment, and I already agreed with Legatobud on that.

DarkJello likes this.
  15. allyorbase

Honestly, I don't think G'hern need to be x1. Folks can justify why they should be until the cows come home, but I've never been given any actual logic that's specific to Moga BGs.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. st3ck

The logic was that ghern spots in moga bgs were highly competitive, and that mostly only 2-3 ghern were ever used (2x thrower, 2x isanghoma, the later 2x tyrant), so to increase viability and stop limiting design space, they stopped allowing you to just pick the best ghern.

17. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

I support Highlander.

18. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Instead of making each G'hern actually viable for a different deck incarnation.

st3ck and allyorbase like this.
  19. allyorbase

I fail to see how it shouldn't be the player's choice, all the same. I get the logic, but it's not specific to Moga BGs, and it's more of a dilemma than it is an actual "problem." Every single theme is basically an exercise in "find 2 of every awesome X, and include them." If you want to keep people from running 2 Throwers (because they ARE awesome), then deal with the Thrower.

Exactly. SOE did what SOE did best: they half-assed a solution with broad strokes.

20. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Of course, it IS much easier said than done.

Hmm. I didn't realize this was an SOE-era thing. Regardless, I feel like we're blaming SOE too much, especially for design decisions that seem more tied to a dev's philosophy/thought processes than actual SOE imposed decisions and restrictions.