Necrotic Blob

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by kalasle, Jan 6, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Necrotic Blob
    ~80 Nora
    "Xulos made use of the Grekin and the Corpse Golem, but even he wouldn't touch that thing."

Undead, Mutant, Horror
    2x2
    0 Dmg
    5 Spd
    1 Rng
    2 Def
    35 Hp

Base abilities
    Attack: Physical

Reconstitute
    Leech Vitality
    Strength of Body
    Pariah

Upgrade 1
    Numerous (-4)
    Tough 2 (+10)
    Frightful Aura 2 (+3)

Upgrade 2
    Cleave (+8)
    Disease Aura 2 (+4)
    Entangling Attack (+10)

No idea how powerful this would be, but the synergy between Leech/Strength/Recon was too nifty to not design something around it.

poinl, Ifem21, Tweek516 and 4 others like this.
  2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Slow, looks buiildup. numerous is odd, but ok. AoE's would blast this away, it's also slow to pickup starting with 7(?) dam 5 speed?

Doesn't look too op or anything on paper.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The idea behind Numerous is a couple fold: first, it is a cheap but mostly balanced way to provide ranged resistance; second, the blob is in party a huge area of undead material, so I think numerous makes sense. This thing is even more a mass of bodies than Grekin or Golem.

And yeah, balancing out the build rate would be the big thing with this. Something with a way to increase Max HP and Damage that also has Recon could get crazy really fast. For example, dropping banner bumps him up to 9 damage. About 4 attacks is the value where this champ gets spooky. There are a lot of ways to tweak it, but I figure a more UP version is better put up first. Thanks for the opinions.

Woffleet, ptjimbo and Leadrz like this.
  4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

If you want you can kickstart its damage with repourpose but not sureif pariah will block it though :(

5. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Reconstitute would not block it since you don't target it.
    I would give it "Devour life" on base with the associated cost decrease so that way it has a bit more of a downside to it.

6. chickenpox2

you mean repourpose wont be blocked by pariah then thats good.
Im not sure about devour life
i think it will be interesting if it has healing deficiency with 6-7 speed which will make it slow but still able to sustain

7. Rokkushun

Healing deficiency wouldn't do much because it has pariah

8. chickenpox2

why not?

9. Rokkushun

most good heals are target only.

10. chickenpox2

the point of healing deficiency is to reduce the affect of leech vitality but im not sure of it will work or if it stops reconstitute

11. Rokkushun

Leech vitality increases max health and is not a heal, same with reconstitute.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

A rebuild would take off Numerous and Frightful Aura for, most likely, Absorb and Horrific Aura 2.

13. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

*insert inside joke here*

Theoretical attack chain (with banner)

1. 44hp, 9dmg
    2. 48hp, 10dmg
    3. 53hp, 11dmg
    4. 58hp, 12dmg
    5. 64hp, 13dmg
    6. 70hp, 15dmg

The biggest problem I see is if it gets any change to be more killable late game, it gets shut down too easily early game.
    For example, 2def tough 2 might be required for it to get the first few hits off, but would make it insane with 55+hp.

I guess some form of lumbering maybe?

14. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

i think weighty or slothful. keep this guy away from others, but if he gets there he'll pain train

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Weighty would probably function best as a penalty, as he will already be where he wants to be with Slothful. The champ is pretty broken -- either your opponent respects it forever, or they get rolled for it. But it's also pretty neat, so there you go. I wouldn't worry too much: he will only ever be a 5 SPD, 2x2 melee unit, no matter how great his stats.

16. gamengamenut

an awesome rage band on him will be crazy.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I believe Pariah prevents that targeting, but can't say for sure.

18. gamengamenut

pariah doesnt prevent equipments, as i've used ash the bandit man and he has pariah but murder is equipable

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Alrighty, wasn't sure, thinking of the equips granting pariah being hard to remove.

20. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I like your idea Kal. But at 80+ nora I probably wouldn't run it. On the off occasion I'd ever run into something like that, any form of rabid would own that thing. Thus, I am glad you decided on mutant instead of zombie- it's more balanced that way. If this thing entered the game though it would be cool