Need help with Skywings.

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by NFix, Mar 15, 2014.

1. NFix

NFix Member

Hello.

i just came back after a year break. i wanna make a skywing deck. but i dont find the old links for it.
    can anyone help me to make a medium deck? i mean i cant afford very high cost runes. have around 300k points on poxbxx only. :/

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. NFix

NFix Member

Yaps. :D and i forgot him. was thinkin about these btw:

prismatic x2
    patrol x2
    rumbler x2
    acidraw x2
    agitator x2

and can afford one skywing eminent or skywing imperator

but need help with the rest :/

3. NFix

NFix Member

okay so far about champions have these :
    2x Skywing Prismatic
    2x Sky Patrol
    2x Sky Rumbler
    2x Neodrak
    2x Sky Agitator
    2x Sky Imerator
    2x Acidraw
    1x Vex
    1x Vindrax

Hmm but since i had a break i forgot what spell should i use. So can anyone help me out with spells / equipment / relics too? :D

A little Idea about the Deck:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CktCdnCdbCdQCi4CdmcoLCjGc3-s6wsas73S7usYsHs5jrPR2je1leOe1O

Pls tell ure ideas about it. I dont wanna trade the cards till ik im doing it right :D

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

5. NFix

NFix Member

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uh, take it from someone who plays skywings every so often when bored

Neodraks are easily the strongest and most valuable rune in your skywing bg.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

uh, you run one at best

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This would be a high ranked skywing bg

I win with skywings 24/7

Let me explain:

• 2x broodqueens: they receive the bonus 2 ap on deploy from the skywing racial, which allows you to instantly invigorate a champ for 4 AP on the spot (especially useful with skywing beacons down)
    • Prismatic skywing: it's so costy and so squichy that a lot of times you'll just want a rumbler or a neodrak down to dish out damage. Though you include one for his great ramping up potential, 2 is too much
    • Flame dragoleech: broken rune, is a dragon, anti-noragen and gens some nora for you as well for a mere 54 nora
    • acidcraw: trash melee champ that dies when a moga looks at it, don't run it ever
    • agitators are cheap as Firk, run it.
    • Imperator, patrol, rumbler and neodrak are bossmode dragons that you always run 2x and make up the main power of your battlegroup. Vindrax/valdac in there because you can.
    • (honorable mention: varu dragon is a beast with favor, just not for everyone)

Spell set is just your average spellset in SL, you can switch around with it a bit but the core is always the same. Btw you always run at least 1 DB. Don't you dare not auto-including it in every bg. 2x dragonfear, whilst extremely efficient nora wise just don't bring that much more than 1. Mimic cause it's broken, 2x quicken cause neodraks/rumblers have outrageous damage. Quickening is auto, so is magnetize. Acidstorm/burning sands are you best AoEs (firestorm just gets outclassed nora wise). Purge is useful to have once you understand its full potential and don't use it to cleanse charred 2.

Relics are always the same, hive + warbanner. I'm not a fan of the transmission relay though. In SL you want to pump out a champ per round, transmission relay will prevent you from doing that and gives you.... uh... almost nothing in return. Reveals or 0 cd dragons later in the game are so situational and even then not amazing that it's not worth a slot. The meta is far from attrition.

Equips: Godstaff is just too costy, rageband can be really good. It's a worthy include though when playing stronger players they'll just kill whatever has it since it doesn't add defensive stats (the difference with mimic is that you generally get harder to kill too). As a general rule, you don't want to single-buff your champs in SL but rather pump out numbers and use powerspells to win games.

Peridot sphere: Look at rumblers/neodraks damage. Then factor in blitz. Then look at peridot sphere.

GabrielQ likes this.
  9. haiden

haiden Member

u forgot sunder hellion and acidcraws,vex.

seriosly vex is oped with heart of ganash u might consider him he gives 35% amplifyto fire and acid alone for 5 nora...

most of dragons have acid atck or fire so i would 100% put him in there with that divine wellspring he can just camp behind so ur dragon dont die and flamethrower from behind

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sunder hellion does nothing for you in the bg, no skywing, nothing that he brings you need. Acidcraws as mentioned are trash. Vex is a one trick pony that any decent player will play around. She's a 100 nora sink that relies on your opponent playing poorly.

11. haiden

haiden Member

still sunder helion totally runable with rage band or taint

12. NFix

NFix Member

i'll Give a shot to this deck. but i love Vex so i'll use Valdac + Vex. but i still dont got that neodrak :/ any trick with it?

Only in case if i use him with Vex :D

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Again, not in skywings. Although the combo is decent at best in a meta bg, in skywings you'll always want to drop a rumbler/neodrak instead.

14. tsinon

tsinon New Member

Would be good adding a skywing eminent?

15. NFix

NFix Member

i've tryed to best skywing bg what u can get. its strong but its not my style. i cant play it well :/

16. michael pietrzak

michael pietrzak The King of Potatoes

what are some good draksar/skywing synergies?

17. michael pietrzak

michael pietrzak The King of Potatoes

what do you think of the dragon handler