Need Help with strats and my bg

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by EliteMeat, May 17, 2015.

1. EliteMeat

EliteMeat The King of Potatoes

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Draks : AoV seems out of place but whatever. Broodqueen isn't worth a spot since she lost Invig. If you're running her for Detect you'd be better off with an Explorer or a Forerunner. Marauders are iffy since charges got gutted, I'd prefer Marines in that spot. Renovator is wut. If you want Drak range, go with Psions and Rocketeers. Dred still costs way too much, switch for a Drak Lord (or even 2, too good now). Ardent still seems bad. 2 Docs might be one too many. You could really need a High Priest in there as well. Spells look mostly fine except Honest Mistake, never was a fan. Not digging 4 aoes, that might be one too many. If you're using Tornado for relic hate, try a Magnetize instead. I'd switch that Heart for a Hive but it's not the end of the world.

Durguns : I'd switch Acid Leech for Flame (Siphon > Leech imo). The Drak suite (Broodqueen to Paradigm) has no business being in there. I'd try and get Kwings Alpha (expensive I know but best champ ever), Maulers, Neodraks and maybe Negamages for range instead. 2nd Rumbler ASAP. Vex still has no business being played. For the spells, again Honest Mistake can be dropped. So are Acidic Gale, Sandspout and Touch of Vindrax. Try to get some AoE, Dragonfear and Magnetize instead. The lack of Transmission Relay is alarming, that thing makes the deck work.

For reference, here are my Drak and Dragon deck. They are not the best build ever but could give you an idea on some swaps you could easily do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  4. Dezix

Dezix New Member

Did nobody notice that Wyrmpriest also have Sermon now, they have built in magic immune and 10 cheaper than high priests? They also can heal or damage with sacrifice.

5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Oh god, that avatar freaked me out. I was starting to question my mental sanity in the fragment of a second it took for my eyes to slide over to the name. It was quite intense.

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

for pvp, you really want more efficient runes, Draks: drak hunter x2, drak hunchback x2, drak marine x2 (very efficient), drak psion x2, rocketeers are iffy with 4 shots but if you utilize violent they will get very powerful. Draksar spellswords are a must in order to utilize violence as much as possible. In a world with 2 hunters and 2 battle fatigues dreadnaught and rage bands can be very effective with unstoppable.
    dragons: valdac op, vindrax op, rumblers op, skithmaw hunters op 56 nora whaaaat. drak morph with stun, skywing eminents are top of the line range with charged attack. I wouldnt run negas since "out of theme" the nerf although they are cheaper and easier to obtain.

cancel magic will save you so much.
    slum market offers strike and assault.
    hive great in general.
    beacon is a must.
    relay is a must.
    burning sands x1 because you should be more focused on deploying.
    tranfusion x1 auto
    if you like agitator take forbidden fruit. its a great delivery system.
    purge is a good option, will dispell aswell as cleanse
    planar dissonance can be very effective
    quarry mark is strong aswell, eminents can 3 shot with 2 attacks and charged attack

just wait for burnpyro to come drop his 2 cents

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

dayum pressure's on now

dragons
    dragons.png
    Pretty straightforward. Good stuff. Win stuff. Stopped running maulers after the nerfs. Don't run destroyers cause I have enough fatties already. I also tend to prioritize other stuff over him anyway.

Draksar

draksar.png
    Priest is so costy I cba running it 2x. Flagellum seems meh without regen or much synergy (once they fix sapping armor synergy - terminus with hunchback I might run one). Dunno.

I always run a lot of 2x, might be better to go 1x of 2 different champs sometimes, it's a bad habit of mine. Always run 1x cancel magic, Firk jib doesn't know what he's on about. Spell's damn golden. I like dragonfear and ferocity in everything because it can Firk your opponent over bigtime.

Anima26 likes this.
  8. Sirius

Cancel Magic is great indeed, but why do you run Valdac? Is he good enough?

Flagellum's ability works with Careless from your own champs; champs like Draksar Berserker. So I'm wondering what you think of Berserker.

Also, I gotta mention it because Burn never will: Purge. It removes Stunned, Stealthed, Dodge/Block/Deflect, IS buffs (Mark, Invulnerability, Tales of Valor etc.), Masochism (if your spell presence can reach), Blinded and many many more effects. It won me plenty of games. But Burn never used it so he just doesn't see the need (and misses out on the greatness). Just like I almot never run Quickening.

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

89% of a Marine/Skittles

Drop a Marine/Skittles.

10. Sirius

There comes a point in the match where your units are plentiful and engaged in battle and the closest font still requires your Skittles 3 turns to participate and you need to make the difference right then. Yes, as SL you wanna keep building up, but you also gotta know when to dedicate resources for pushing through with the champions you already have.
    CC type abilities can be quite good vs SL, esp vs the melee side of your army. Sometimes, a Purge is just worth casting.

Also, just to grind your gears, Sandspout is also not quite as bad as you make it. Not in Sand.

11. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I main sand... Yes it is lol! It's a meh rune. Other runes just fill its spot better is all

12. Sirius

An example please?

13. fattyy2k

If you want sand, sandstorm covers bigger area and lasts longer. In sand 2 burning sands is great damage and the other slots are too heavily contested by runes such as magnetize or DB or quickening. If you squeeze it in then ok but I have never found it to be as useful as other SL spells for the sand BGs. I will never say that the rune is unplayable. If you are willing to sacrifice the deck slots for it then that is your preference. Blind is not a bad effect but I would rather other options since the zone shrinks and becomes easier to avoid. Also 45 is a little high for me to pay for those two effects

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

dragon drops dragons in dragon bg

uhm, since it only works at the end of your turn with careless, dunno, seems silly to play around. Dunno, berserker doesn't seem like a straight include worth, so meh

Firk purge

it's 50 nora

50 NORA

15. fattyy2k

Purge has been a clutch play for me 5 too many times not to include.

16. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

In burns mind why run purge when 2 people stunned but you have 10 others deployed ggwp

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I like how Flagellum interacts with Dictate on High Marshal. I found Careless didn't do much for me since I used Filcher to steal AP on the opponent's turns, and careless doesn't trigger until the end of turn. Filcher can be used to fill Flagellum any time, and Dictate can give 3 of the 4 AP each time its used. Flagellum is a great Haste target too since you can easily fill his standard AP cap.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

pretty much

It's more like, for the cost of purge I can almost deploy a new champ. I rather let whatever stuff is cc'd die then. The dispell aspect is nice, but isn't that relevant most of the time. I mean, RD and so many other things cost so much less than purge, it's almost never worth it.

19. Sirius

Are you telling me that if the opponent has ~1-2 important champs within kill range and at low HP and he casts Masochism within your reach, it isn't worth it? I won a few games like that. Maybe the opponent wasn't expecting it to be worth it for me either.

Maybe this doesn't happen at the higher level, but until such a time that I notice no more good opportunities for it, I'm gonna keep thinking it's pretty good. I normally use it to get rid of 2+ conditions anyway.

My point is, yes the cost sucks and it could stand to be lower and yes, it's often inefficient nora wise but you don't have to cast it on the first problematic condition you see. You cast it when doing so wins you the game or gets you close to it. I'm fine with spending 15 nora more or whatever if I'm gonna win soon because of it.
    That being said, I haven't been encountering as many crazy good buffs or buff stacking lately, so DGS might be a better choice in the meta.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's such a situational rune, especially because of it's cost that I rather run something that will benefit me more often. I stopped running DGS years ago. Guess I just got used to not having cleanse. My playstyle isn't hindered that much by it.