New beast race for FW.

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Hekau718, May 26, 2015.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

Just a stray idea. I wondered, if in the future, FW could get it's own race of beasts. ( Think evil Vashal.)
    And I got it. - I firking got it!

Rats,
    Filthy disease-bearing quickly multiplying rats!
    FRIGGEN RATS!
    Think Twitch of LoL

Would be neat. But that's probably in the far future..

Any better candidates?

2. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

All I can think of now are the Nezumi from MTG, if anyone remembers them. :p

Although, if we're just having rats, wouldn't it be better to make them a separate race - rather than beasts?

TheBulwark likes this.
  3. Hekau718

Didn't know about Nezumi. After some Google Images action,I can say that's pretty much what I had in mind.

Separate race would be cool, but would also require more work on the theme. Dropping beast on them as a secondary race would make them more versatile. + main race gimmic ( Off the top of my head. - Firkfest: Target a adjacent friendly unit of the same race, become pacified for 1 turn. Next turn a rat pup spawns adjacent to the target.) - you get my drift.

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

First thing I thought of was shaven from warhammer...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tweek516 and Skeezick like this.
  5. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Most of them would gain Disease Eater and some kind of debuff like Dogpile - but shredding the enemies' DEF for one turn. THE POWERTURNS 2 GUD

6. Djangoguy

They would gain GIANT 2X2 RATS FOR TANKS - ELUSIVE THIEF RATS - RANGED (MOSTLY ARCHERS) RATS - but no alt damage but Disease, Sonic (Rat Shrieker?) maybe Death Nova Acid (THEIR BLOOD IS SO FIRKED THAT HURTS)

7. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

A rat race similar to the Skaven would indeed be amazing. :D

Tweek516 and Skeezick like this.
  8. Hekau718

9. Valvaryess

Valvaryess New Member

Skaven, but for once a non-undead that is more splashable with undead. Perhaps synergies with undead, disease, black death(!), stealth, beasts; using phys, poison, sonic/ distract; some kind of meta-idea of 'undermining infrastructure', mostly cheap and numerous, mostly disease immune. Skaven are a great concept to draw on, but remember existing FW.

Hekau718 likes this.
  10. Hekau718

Logically, plaguebearing COULD be a racial. ( IRL, the more rats there are, the more likely they will carry diseases.) , and through history they've carried plagues to humans.
    In game it could be incorporated Like this. - For x amount of rats in a x radius, the rats will get plaguebearing. (completely off the top of my head, don't judge.) It would be a neat crossover with Zomballs.

11. Uruboz

Uruboz I need me some PIE!

Just make the next mid term legendary rune a Rat.

12. Djangoguy

You mean like Curse but with Pleague? Amazing!

13. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I would like to see them as a split FW/KF, using the Beast race, to get buffed by KF runes.

yobanchi likes this.
  14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Split Kf I'd imagine scaven and the deadwood/fungus.

Tweek516 likes this.
  15. Hekau718

I think the whole idea of creating a new race in the game is awesome. If this would happen, it would be the first time the community has been working together with devs to make a new theme. (to my knowledge.), and by that I mean like creating the racials and naming them, for example. Can we do this, @Sokolov ?

16. Hekau718

The scientific name for rats is rattus. As good a place as any to start, lol.
    option #1 - Rattus
    option #2 - Ratata(s)
    optipn #3 - Ratatouille

17. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Since they're going to be evil disease rats, they could just call them Vermin.

Would also leave them the option of non-rats with the same race.

Reddust likes this.
  18. Hekau718

But..but, Ratatouille. Yeah, Vermin sounds way better.

19. Valvaryess

Valvaryess New Member

I'm combining concepts like Ravenous Rats with stuff like Skaven.

KF/FW is spirits, but vermin sounds very FW/SP if looking towards split angles (Doesn't SP still have beasts and other stuff with rabid?).