New FW BG

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Vote Kanye 2020, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Goldleaf likes this.
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you want to keep essentially the same approach, there are at least a couple things that would make the list a little more robust and versatile.

1. Swap 1 Ethereal Soldier for a Phantasmal Creeper. The differences are minor, but Nora Leech can greatly improve a couple matchups and Necrosis can sometimes help. You also get a Magic Aura, which is better against opposing ghosts.
    2. Drop 1 melee unit -- probably Bone Elem or Wulf -- for a Tome of Hate. This will allow you to pull a longer game with Scorn on your Death Guard, and also let you swap to Scorn over Pariah on Executioners. While that's normally a minor change, it's much more important when you are running 1x Death guard, 2x Arcane Enervation, and a Soul Reaver.
    3. Find some space for a Reaper's Blade. That thing is really, really good. Also, it solves some corner-case problems that literally nothing else can solve.

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Hmm, not a fan of Phantasmal creeper due to nora leech reducing the nora you gain from Tomb (which makes the champ come with backlash 50% of games), as for the Tome that's probably a good shout. I'm debating removing ethereal soldiers for 2 risen moga to synergise with dooms, but im not sure if it's worth it for that alone.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nora Leech hurts you way less than you think. I ran the math a while back, and don't remember all of it, but if your opponent generates even 30% of what you do, it's worth it. Pretty crazy. It also makes the grind against UD way better, and can win games against IS running Miner or Mine. With the Nora Shield running around as well, I think it's worth it as a 1x.

Risen Moga is real solid, but it would probably be a more reasonable include if you were also running Bile or especially Afflicted Corpse.

5. Vote Kanye 2020

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Looks real good. Any particular reason you opted out of Death Guard? Just not enough space?

7. Vote Kanye 2020

Yeah space mainly, I don't recall ever deploying him either. I'll probably regret it later on though.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I know this is h0spy's BG and everything but while we're at it rather than creating a new thread called new FW BG i'll just throw mine in here too.

[​IMG]

9. themacca

lol i screwed up the screenshot. the 2 runes u cant see are a reapers blade and a second utterdark specter

10. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

How're those Umbral Wolves doing? They look super solid - which upgrades do you run?

11. Vote Kanye 2020

Amazing, they're pretty underrated. They're just really good deploys because they gaurentee the steal life usage and generally can win any 1v1. I also take rend 1 and phase shift.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  12. Vote Kanye 2020

I like the idea of the bg. I would probably say a second dusk creeper is overkill and you don't run enough cheap spells or ethereal units for spectres to pay off. I would consider adding in 2 Bone elementals in their place because not only are they crazy good but they synergise with the Bone Circle Archmages' and the cullers. I would also suggest adding in a soul reaver, because no one ever expects FW bg's to have cleanse in it, and it totally screws them over.

themacca likes this.
  13. themacca

i run the specters with spell res instead just to get them cheaper, was considering taking out a reapers blade for a second desecration, and i agree with you on the dusk creeper there might replace 1 with a bone ele.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Is Terrify still bugged and failing to work half the time?

Also, how the hell do you guys survive with average rune cost of ~58?

15. Vote Kanye 2020

Terrify is pretty inconsistent, but sometimes it works in your favor massively (Like moving a unit 10 spaces away). Also I have no idea, didn't even realize my average rune cost was that high until you pointed it out.

16. themacca

Idk i just about always have average 58

17. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

57-59 here. Rarely 56, sometimes 60-61. But I don't play FW. I wish those Umbrals were in some other faction so I could play them. FW has very little stuff that interests me.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I guess it makes sense, but I'm sitting at 49. 55+ sounds like hell.

19. themacca

idk how u can do that kal :p

on another note. elsari culler should be ran in every single FW bg ever made.

20. Vote Kanye 2020