New Starter Battlegroups Import

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by KTCAOP, Mar 4, 2014.

1. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Importer Note - None of the content found therein comes from the importer, KTCAOP - All credit goes to Gedden as well as the original posters that put forth a design for a battle group.

2. KTCAOP

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Gedden, Jan 1, 2014.

1. GeddenDesert Owl Games
      We are looking to update the starter decks for each faction, and we also want to create a new theme deck for each faction. We want to hear from all of you.

As a reference, here is the current Forglar Swamp starter:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C59CtC30C80CVcqWC9Tc8Uc5qs1S_s33sxS1gSms46s20rWe17E10

Here are the requirements for the decks:
      • No more than 2x exo champions, generally speaking
      • It should be competitive. In the hands of a skilled player they should be able to compete in ranked games.
      • No LE / Legendary runes / Split faction runes
      • Must follow the rules of the game (no 4x hammer strikes)
      For the starter deck:
      • Strong preference for some runes from the first five expansions
      • Should be a single faction
      • It should be easy to play, with a trick or two up its sleeve!In general using the same rune multiple times in a battlegroup means there are fewer mechanics to learn, which makes it easier to play. Also runes with advanced mechanics (like charges) should probably be avoided.
      For the theme deck:
      • Must have a cool theme!
      You don’t have to build an entire deck from scratch to make a suggestion. Edit the existing decks, like a post made by another player, or post with a few runes you would like to see.

Lets see what ya got!
      Gedden, Jan 1, 2014

onlyWell-Known Member

“We are looking to update the starter decks for each faction, and we also want to create a new theme deck for each faction. We want to hear from all of you.

As a reference, here is the current Forglar Swamp starter:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C59CtC30C80CVcqWC9Tc8Uc5qs1S_s33sxS1gSms46s20rWe17E10

• It should be competitive. In the hands of a skilled player they should be able to compete in ranked games.
      For the starter deck:
      • Strong preference for runes from the first five expansions
      • It should be easy to play, with a trick or two up its sleeve!In general using the same rune multiple times in a battlegroup means there are fewer mechanics to learn, which makes it easier to play. Also runes with advanced mechanics (like charges) should probably be avoided.
      !”well, I see the warbanner question was solved in other thread so...

5 first expansions are shabby.
      even the current starter uses like first 8 (?).
      only, Jan 1, 2014

2. profhulkMember
      What do you think?
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C9C59CtChWCVc2@C3ZC5qs1s6TsqsdS33S1gsms46rNrWr2aE1H
      profhulk, Jan 1, 2014

3. onlyWell-Known Member
      it doesn't follow 5 first expansions rule precisely, but all "offenders" are from the following few expansions.
      in other words, they're still goldable and there are not much of them, but I felt like they're very neccessary here.
      see Flood Generator and Quagmirrian to understand what I meant! so this is my shot!
      only, Jan 1, 2014

4. profhulkMember
      Only that looks like a very nice bg for aquatic beginners
      profhulk, Jan 1, 2014

5. GeddenDesert Owl Games
      If we could pull off a starter group within the first 5 that would be cool, but i'm not going to reject any ideas if the BG is good.

profhulk:
      That's actually a solid group. Its actually pretty Representative of FS in general. The elites are fun, the tide-masters are fun, its just full to the brim with little combos and thats great.

The only issue is its got 3x exo champions in there, but thats not exactly a show-stopper. If the other faction BGs are exo heavy then this would be a contended for sure.
      Gedden, Jan 1, 2014

6. GeddenDesert Owl Games
      haha, I really like only's group too. Mitigating aquatic is such a good opportunity to teach a new player about how this game works, and that group does a great job of it.
      Gedden, Jan 1, 2014

7. onlyWell-Known Member

“haha, I really like only's group too. Mitigating aquatic is such a good opportunity to teach a new player about how this game works, and that group does a great job of it.”I think that what you are aiming for can be achieved through a revamp.
      it would mostly mean reducing the number of abilities per champion in general.
      and that is kind of laughable work compared to what results it kind broung.
      I think it would take like a day to go through all champions and refresh them from 1996 style.
      I hope you will take the right decision instead of playing around.
      toying around is like the best describtion I could give for such requests as first 5 expansions.

good luck since I see this as the beginning of what you're going to bring to Pox Nora.
      only, Jan 1, 2014

GabrielQ likes this.
    8. profhulkMember
      I would like to address this issue while were creating starter bg. FS HAS NO VIABLE SPOT CLEANSE! How many beginners are gonna wanna play when theyre champ gets crapped on by a million different lame wrath dots and we have no viable cleanse for crap like fester, eye for an eye etc etc. I do have a suggestion. Alter the fs spell cleansing mist somehow to give fs some type of reliable cleanse. Cleansing mist would have been included in my starter deck to replace the second font eruption spell.
      profhulk, Jan 1, 2014

h0spyActive Member

“it doesn't follow 5 first expansions rule precisely, but all "offenders" are from the following few expansions.
      in other words, they're still goldable and there are not much of them, but I felt like they're very neccessary here.
      see Flood Generator and Quagmirrian to understand what I meant! so this is my shot!”Thats a very nice bg but I think that would not be competitive for new players. Im certain it could be for you, but your mindset and play style is far from the average pox players. So although I could see this benefiting some newcomers greatly I feel like the majority of people trying it will not enjoy it due to semi aquatic and aquatic being a complicated concept for new people.
      h0spy, Jan 1, 2014
    9. h0spyActive Member

“I would like to address this issue while were creating starter bg. FS HAS NO VIABLE SPOT CLEANSE! How many beginners are gonna wanna play when theyre champ gets crapped on by a million different lame wrath dots and we have no viable cleanse for crap like fester, eye for an eye etc etc. I do have a suggestion. Alter the fs spell cleansing mist somehow to give fs some type of reliable cleanse. Cleansing mist would have been included in my starter deck to replace the second font eruption spell.”They manage the same way FW,UD and ST deal with things? I mean you have the spell, Circadian Enchantress (gives a global cleanse to all champs or is it just semi aquatics?) and also FS angel has cleanse those 3 alone are more than a few factions options for cleanse.
      h0spy, Jan 1, 2014

SakaMember
      Saka, Jan 1, 2014

alkalineMember
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C9C59CtC30CVc2@C57C1gc5qs1S_S33s1gsmS46rNrWe10E1H
      Or http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C9C59CtC30CVc56c2@C57C1gc5qs1s_S33S1gsmS46rNrWe10e1H
      alkaline, Jan 1, 2014
    10. onlyWell-Known Member
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/c9CwC59ctC30COc21CVC1gcdC5qs1fSdS1gSmSWRGrW
      only, Jan 3, 2014

11. GabrielQWell-Known Member

“What do you think?
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C9C59CtChWCVc2@C3ZC5qs1s6TsqsdS33S1gsms46rNrWr2aE1H”What about replacing the sentries with marsh trolls and cutting some support (bandoleers) to add some additional champions?
      GabrielQ, Jan 3, 2014
    12. profhulkMember
      profhulk, Jan 4, 2014

GabrielQWell-Known Member
      GabrielQ, Jan 4, 2014

13. GabrielQWell-Known Member
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CwDctc81c8ICq-CVC5BC9QC57C5qs1s6Tsds4USmS46s3vrNrWe1be1H
      GabrielQ, Jan 13, 2014

3. KTCAOP

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Gedden, Jan 1, 2014.

Page 1 of 2
    12Next >
      We are looking to update the starter decks for each faction, and we also want to create a new theme deck for each faction. We want to hear from all of you.

As a reference, here is the current K'Thir Forest starter:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C2CocHCJCKC3DC3Pc3FC1yS5S7SiS1ISLrnrUE8

For the starter deck:
      For the theme deck:
      You don’t have to build an entire deck from scratch to make a suggestion. Edit the existing decks, like a post made by another player, or post with a few runes you would like to see.

Lets see what ya got!
      Gedden, Jan 1, 2014

dsjthemanMember
      Its quick, but i think this will do for now. Its just a plain elf themed bg with a slight beast garnish. Got some good tanks and ranged. Tried to plug in as many runes from the first 5 expansions as possible.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C2CtycKCLc6Jc52Cfvc3Fc1yc8Xc5HctucoQS5s2@S1as4Ks6BsLr2YrUe2we29eM
      dsjtheman, Jan 1, 2014

2. RaikanMember
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C2c54CLc5AC52c3FC3uC5Dc1jC1bS5s7sisks1-S1asLrnrUeWe2FeM

With the exception of covenant, this uses runes from the original set and expansions one through five. It covers detection, shatter, has stealth champs w/ assassinate, divine favor, teleport, invigorate, relocate, initiative, stun, charm, force barrier, alt damage and some other things--but a pretty good swathe of different mechanics for people to learn. Dsjtheman's deck is more competitive though.

Building it into an elf-centered theme using runes from later expansions would be pretty easy to do (i.e. uses fairly common runes) and improve its competitiveness--things like light of the circle, boa, taskmaster, ranger elite, dancer, etc.
      Raikan, Jan 1, 2014

I wanted to point out that the elven valor theme deck has to be updated aswell, Nidhogg posted a review a while ago:

Building on a Budget - Introduction to KF Elves!

Building on a Budget - Updating Elven Valor Theme Deck

Just noticed a mistake at the end of this video - forgot to include the extra Fern + Covenant in the PoxBox trade. They are not expensive though, so the deck is still fine.

Theme Deck Review - Sarnghavian Centaur

Also just did a quick review of the latest theme deck to hit the marketplace, a KF/IS split. Thought I would follow Legato's lead on suggestions for how to improve the deck, and I'd welcome any feedback or redesigns of my build!

Theme Deck Review: KF/IS Sarnghavian Centaur

Deck Link:
      KF/IS Sarnghavian Centaur Rebuilt
      GabrielQ, Jan 1, 2014

3. XironeActive Member
      Xirone's Elven Cooperation BG (Original):
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C2=CfmCgbC5FC1-C5AChkCfxCfvs2@s1as7Ts4Ks7Ws2ts6gs6Br3nr2YrUr3w

Xirone's Elven Cooperation Theme Deck:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C2=CfmCgbC5FC1-C5AChkCfxCfvs5s2@s1as7Ts4Ks6gr3nr2YrUr3weWeM

Here's what I had to say about the deck in a past thread (for context, Karmavore wanted suggestions on fun decks to try out in the top ranks)...

“Well, here is a deck that I am having fun with. The idea is to spam the field with cheap champions (the average nora cost for champions is 62) that can also be passively boosted through abilities like Foment, Chains of Amareth, Motivate, Improve Damage, Commander: Elf, etc. Under the right circumstances, an Elven Strategist, for example, can have 68 HP.

So far, the deck seems to do pretty well on mid-sized and large maps but has a really hard time on small maps. If you get rushed really quickly, it can be hard to get started. As a positive, you are almost guaranteed to be able to double deploy on your first turn and have plenty of cheap fodder. Let me know how it works for you!

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C2=CfmCgbC5FC1-C5AChkCfxCfvs2@s1as7Ts4Ks7Ws2ts6gs6Br3nr2YrUr3w

Oh yeah, feel free to swap out the Apprentice Mages/Elven Strategists out for Sprites/Moon Beams as you see fit. The main idea is to overwhelm the opponent by numbers and contest fonts like crazy. Any advice or recommendations are appreciated and good luck!”
      ...and what Karmavore said after testing it out at the top ranks...

“Can't wait for this thread to pick up! I had a lot of fun playing Xirone's BG. I switched a few things around
      So it looks like this:http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C2=CfmCgbc5FC5AchkCfxCfvc1js2@s4ys1as7Ts4Ks2ts6gs6Br3nr2YrUR3we31e2u

Pros:
      A seemingly never ending supply of cheap, fast champions.
      Surprising amount of HP/DMG considering the nora cost of each champion
      Always going to have a nice first turn deploy.
      A very apparent snowball feature

Cons:
      very weak early game vs a speedier opponent, or a rush, infact most of this bg's weaknesses lye within the first couple rounds.

With that being said, I'll share a paragraph about this bg. I had a lot of fun playing it, first of all. With each game played it became more apparent how awesome this bg truely is. I was able to get Apprentice Mage up to 68 hp, with an impressive 16 dmg. Most of my champs where in the 55-65 hp range, with 12-14 dmg. Considering the nora cost of each unit that's a considerable feat. When I was able to break the 8-10 turn marker I was able to snowball my opponent very quickly. The only problem I faced was, breaking the 8-10 turn maker, and keeping enough nora tucked away to make the necessary power turns. Overall I'd give this bg a 7.5:10 simply because early on I am very weak, but later; look the heck out!

Cheers Xirone! Looking forward to playing this bg some more against some higher ranked people, when I do i'll report back!
      Keep them coming folks.”
      Edit: Here's the link to the thread this deck was originally posted in...
      https://forums.station.sony.com/poxnora/index.php?threads/the-kthir-bg-challenge.99212/
      Xirone, Jan 2, 2014

MolosseMember
      Karmavore's link leads to the main poxbase page mate.
      Molosse, Jan 2, 2014

4. XironeActive Member
      With the above deck, you could easily fit in Avenging Angel(s), Colossal Boa(s), Elven Mage(s), Elven Statue(s), and Menalaus. Nymph would be a great include if she became Race: Elf, Fairy (also, Avenging Angel could become Race: Elf, Angel). Adding too many expensive runes hampers the cheap champion rush element, though.
      Xirone, Jan 2, 2014

XironeActive Member

“Karmavore's link leads to the main poxbase page mate.”Yeah, I edited in the link to the actual thread for that reason. =)

Edit: Also, if you go to the original thread, Karmavore posted a ranked game he played with the deck. It should be noted that he changed the deck quite a bit by adding more legendary runes and whatnot.
      Xirone, Jan 2, 2014

davre22Member
      I'm going to try to make one of these for each faction, try to balance them against one another, and refine them. Looking at BGs that are fun and capture the flavour of the faction. Not necessarily meta but no terribad runes either.

Here's the initial KF starter
      davre22, Jan 3, 2014

5. narvoxxNew Member
      misspost!
      narvoxx, Jan 3, 2014

XironeActive Member
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C2CuvC5HCw2CtoCdaCddC8vs5s7sks1-s1as4Ks2gsLrnr31rUr1we1te29

This deck focuses on the power of numbers to overwhelm the opponent. There is only one Exotic (Grimilic's Mirror) in the deck but 4 Rare champions (x2 Snake Charmer and x2 Vashal Ranger). If you bring out a lot of puppies, the Avenging Angels can heal them all en masse. If the player of the deck encounters an opponent with Sever Summon, the deck has Shimmering Flower to, hopefully, counter that deck-killer. The Ospryan Valkeyies are there for their wonderful mobility and Declare Target (which works so well with the wolves). I know most of the runes are not from the earliest expansions but it definitely is a different and fun deck!
      Xirone, Jan 4, 2014

XironeActive Member

Xirone's Beast Pack Deck:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C2CuvC5HCw2CtoCdaCddC8vs5s7sks1-s1as4Ks2gsLrnr31rUr1we1te29

This deck focuses on the power of numbers to overwhelm the opponent. There is only one Exotic (Grimilic's Mirror) in the deck but 4 Rare champions (x2 Snake Charmer and x2 Vashal Ranger). If you bring out a lot of puppies, the Avenging Angels can heal them all en masse. If the player of the deck encounters an opponent with Sever Summon, the deck has Shimmering Flower to, hopefully, counter that deck-killer. The Ospryan Valkeyies are there for their wonderful mobility and Declare Target (which works so well with the wolves). I know most of the runes are not from the earliest expansions but it definitely is a different and fun deck!”A second Grimilc's Mirror would really drive the deck home but I don't know if you want 2 Exos in the deck.
      Xirone, Jan 4, 2014

6. GabrielQWell-Known Member
      GabrielQ, Jan 4, 2014

7. RefinedGentlemanMember
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/c3Gc...3Ac3Fc3ucic1wc1yc5Dc5Hc1bS5sis1-S1asLr4rMe8eM

So this is the bg I put together. I tried to bring in everything and not do doubles of anything (save Brambles and Nature's Wrath but those can be exchanged perhaps). The way this bg works is that it gives you all the flavor and love of playing KF. You have the ability to rush and harass which I believe is crucial for playing any BG let alone KF. I think just about everything in there is from the first 6 expansions.
      There are some cool synergies going on here as well. Stun on Nectar fairy + Oaken mace on x champ can lead to a very long stun chain or deploy garu, and equip mace for a surprise stun. Not to mention chaining those stuns can lead to a very opportunistic assassinate from the wild elf.
      I do believe this will be competitive up until you reach limited.
      RefinedGentleman, Jan 4, 2014

enuffNew Member
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/ctycJc5FcKCLCpBcunC52Cpfc1Mc3Fc8XC5DS5s1-S1as4Ks6BsLr3nr2de29eM

It provides a little bit of everything to give new players a good overview of the faction. I tried to include champions from all the different races aswell. The bg offers some fast champs, some stealth, shatter and detection, range and melee. All in all it should be easy and fun to play with !

For the theme deck, I will definitely propose my beloved Vashal battlegroup :http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/ctyCgQC5HCdfCtoCdpc5JCdaCddC8vs79s5S1as6BsLr3nr2Yr31e2we29eM

I had to tweak it a little bit, so it meets the deck requirements, but it is still strong enough to beat anything :) Without expensive runes like Queen Anaru, Thorn Collection or Vashal Vicar it is not as good as it could be, however, people will need only a small investment to bring this deck to its full power.

I was not sure if a Banner was allowed or not, because you said no LE's, so I left it out in both decks. If Banners are ok I would certainly include them.
      Both of the battlegroups include two exotics and a good amount of rares, so people get something for their money ^^

best regards, enuff
      enuff, Jan 11, 2014

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/cqmCoCJc5FCLc5ACfvc3FC3uC1yc5HS5s7s1-S1as4KsLr2Br rUe29eM

EDIT : Revised version, revised versions of my starter submissions should be balanced against each other, any commentary on this regard is appreciated
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/cqmc2Ctyc5FCLc5AChkCpfCfvc3FC1yS5s7s1-S1as5Ws4KsLr3nrUe29eM
      GabrielQ, Jan 13, 2014

Selpa'iMember

“It should be easy to play, with a trick or two up its sleeve!In general using the same rune multiple times in a battlegroup means there are fewer mechanics to learn, which makes it easier to play. Also runes with advanced mechanics (like charges) should probably be avoided.”The complexity/intricacy of personal decks is not a limiting factor this game. It's not what makes this game difficult to learn, and thus spamming 2 copies of every rune into the Starter BG's does not make the game more accessible. It's memorizing everyone else's runes, it's trying to read read off the descriptions, and learn the interactions, of the hundreds of other runes and abilities that makes Poxnora so obtuse.

Clarifying ability descriptions, fixing the plethora of bugs and faulty interactions, and cleaning up the interfaces to be more informative; that's what needs to be done to make this game accessible. The rules of Poxnora need to be intuitive and they need to be consistent, or this game will only ever attract the kind of people who can be bothered to memorize it's exceptions.

Here's a fun little BG, based around the Sunder mechanic. It's simple and easy to play, maybe it could be used as a Theme/Starter.
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c5FC3DcLCt_c6JC5Kc3Fc50CazCoQs3Ws7Ls1as7Ts4Ks2gs6gs6BrqrnrUeWe2Fe29eM

Here's another one, though it seems pointless to post these without the upgrade paths. Treefolk/Archer
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cqmchxCJc6Jc3Hc6FcaWCaYCfvcoQs3qs9s6Ps6Ns5Ws2tS6Br2BR1drUR2JeWe2ue1t
      Selpa'i, Feb 19, 2014

enuffNew Member

“The complexity/intricacy of personal decks is not a limiting factor this game. It's not what makes this game difficult to learn, and thus spamming 2 copies of every rune into the Starter BG's does not make the game more accessible.”I have to disagree on this one. The starter decks should include most runes twice, because it just makes it easier to play with them. Im saying this as a player who did the first games in the old training grounds. Back then it was only for people using the starter deck and all of the starter decks were pretty straight forward with a lot of runes included twice.
      This made it easier to learn the basic mechanics of the game, while not being confronted with unknown runes all the time, because after some games you would know most of the other champs from the starter decks. This way your chance of winning early games was way greater opposed to playing vs people using all kinds of decks.

Winning games and getting something for it is what keeps people playing in the early stages and that's why I want the starter decks to be quite strong and - most importantly - equally strong among all factions.

In my opinion it is very important to provide new players a battlegroup with which they can win games, farm gold and learn the basics of the game such as positioning or how to use nora and ap most efficiently - which they should be able to do in the training ground. When they feel confident enough they can start playing outside of the tg and start learning all the runes and abilities.

The two decks you posted, Selpa'i, might be fun, but they are pretty weak all around ( the second one only has 13 champs ?!). I dont think it would be a good idea to make starter decks like that. This is the kind of bg you can create when you are playing for a while and just want to play around with fun runes, but dont give it to new players.

best regards
      enuff, Feb 19, 2014

8. Selpa'iMember

“The two decks you posted, Selpa'i, might be fun, but they are pretty weak all around ( the second one only has 13 champs ?!). I dont think it would be a good idea to make starter decks like that. This is the kind of bg you can create when you are playing for a while and just want to play around with fun runes, but dont give it to new players.

best regards”People always seem to misunderstand the BG's i make, and not having the upgrade paths makes it even harder. That second BG is one of my more successful ideas, it's proven to be very powerful. I didn't suggest it as a starter BG though, but rather as a fun theme.

I just haven't seen many battle groups based around the "make other things into trees" theme.
      Selpa'i, Feb 20, 2014

9. GabrielQWell-Known Member
      GabrielQ, Feb 20, 2014

(You must log in or sign up to reply here.)
    Page 1 of 2

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Gedden, Jan 1, 2014.

Page 2 of 2
    < Prev12
    1. Selpa'iMember

“I would say that you should define "successful" and "proven"”I won every game except for 2 today with that deck (More than 7, less than 12. I lose count). Those greenhouses count as champions too, so far as I'm concerned. I often find myself putting one out first turn, to take a font.

By proven, i meant that the raw power & range that you can milk out of the archers is both obvious and silly.

I really like the light's with Frostfall Quiver. They deal 6 damage from the DoT's (8 with Fire for Effect), have 8 speed (9 with a greenhouse), and up to 8 range. They can bring some otherwise really tough units down to their knees, cheaply. They're also a great selection for taking the hit of not-being-a-tree, when you have to make the choice.
      Selpa'i, Feb 20, 2014

AndralexisNew Member
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgbC7IC3HC6FCaWCaYCgnc8xS6NS1as7Ts6BsLr2YR1drUR2JeWeM

The basic premise is to stack multiple bonuses to make your units outgrow the opposition. It highlights Treefolk units as the core of the deck: cheap and efficient, and the Fae units bring each a small bonus to the battlefield to make your army more powerful via Improve: Damage and Foment.

Its most basic strategy is to deploy enough Plants to make both Wood Elemental and the Dryads heavy hitters. Its long-term strategy is to strengthen your units with multiple bonuses to force unfavorable trades with heavier costed units, thus giving you indirect Nora advantage.

The BG itself has several different damage types to prevent being stalled or tanked by a single unit, an on-demand cleanse, an on-demand champ-based un-equip, an anti-range tank and a couple of powerturn spells to round it up.

Also, there are multiple upgrading paths for this deck: Gnarlwood Oakthumper is probably the best choice since it is a very tanky rune and another source of range hate, and Bliss the Muse has relocation abilities and Improve Speed. Give the player multiple opportunities of experimentation was one of my design tenets while elaborating the BG, so a newcomer could eventually start trying new runes just for the sake of discovering which mechanics work better with Vinetouch Pedestal; they could also skip the multi-race route and create a dedicated Treefolk BG.

It requires some skill to play tho, since most of its powerturn combinations need to be played in a very specific order (cast Nature's Wrath, then use Willowind's Soften ability and so on), yet it is not as intensive as other powerturn executions (like missing a crucial Gale Force sandwich after repositioning).

EDIT:
      BTW, there are some Vinetouch + ability interactions that should work but do not, but most come from split-faction decks (like Camaraderie).

Also, it could be amazing if you moved Transplant on Wood Elemental from base to upgrades, as it is a minor change that could make the rune less swingy for newbies.
      Andralexis, Feb 22, 2014
      Last edited by Andralexis, Feb 22, 2014

4. KTCAOP

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Gedden, Jan 1, 2014.

As a reference, here is the current Ironfist Stronghold starter:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c3IC3C5CkCAcFC4C1tc4-C3OSuS1YSfSlSvSPrY

For the starter deck:
      For the theme deck:

Lets see what ya got!
      Gedden, Jan 1, 2014

ThbigchiefActive Member
      - Simple paladin or construct deck. details in a moment
      see below...
      Thbigchief, Jan 1, 2014

alkalineMember
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cFC4Kc5PC10C4C5mC1tC1HC1Zs1YSfSlSvSPrirYelEh
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cFC4KC3Uc5PC10C4C5mc1tc1HC1Zs1YSfSlsvSPRHrYelEh
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cFC4KC3Uc5PC10C4C5mC1tc1HC1ZSfSlsvSPRHrirYeleh
      Third best one probably
      neverending story
      alkaline, Jan 1, 2014

JazzMan1221Active Member
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/c2jcFC4Kc5PC3TC10C13c4Zc1tc1HC1ZsfSlsvs1osPs2dRHrirYelehe_

The best thing about this deck is that each rune has a purpose, and the player needs to learn that purpose and how it can be adapted in certain situations to fit their needs. For example, the Earthshaker is an extremely versatile relic in this deck, allowing for movement of opposing champions into range of your Warcry, knockback over lava created by Terraformer and Open the Earth, and font harassment with the Mountain Sentry. The problem I found with a lot of the older IS champs is the genuine lack of range (specifically alt damage), so Terraformer is a must-include for any starter deck you choose, covering both of these weaknesses at once.

I was hesitant to include Griffin Rider, as some new players might be confused by Honorary Sigil, but he brings so much utility along with solid damage that I couldn't leave him out (in addition to being one of the only ranged champions in early IS). I had to cheat a bit by including Sharpshooter, as he doesn't belong to the first 5 expansions, but without him, IS's range selection would truly be lacking. Not only that, but he provides Detection, which would otherwise have to be sought in the form of another Sentry (not worth deploying in the mid-late game) or UV (horrible choice for a starter deck, as new players should be steered away from drag-and-drop counters which are unhealthy for the game in most respects, not to mention creating a false sense of security that only fosters discontent when the player reaches the higher ranks).

Dorf Catapult is included to combine with King and facilitate powerturns. Without Minister or Sarge available, supports have to be obtained in unlikely areas, and Catapult is actually quite underrated these days. Running Catapult, a new player will be forced to use their runes in conjunction with each other for maximum efficiency (due to Dwarf Driven, and the nature of Load Catapult). This presents both an intriguing challenge and great rewards if done properly, a feeling that will drive new players to excel at IS's core playstyle.

With the inclusion of Terraformers, I felt it necessary to include a few other Savage: X champs in the deck. This will not only introduce new players to the Savage theme as effortlessly as possible, but also foster a more strategic mindset in some of the more complex game mechanics. The new Savage is, I think, a bit convoluted for the average new player to understand at first, but after some trial and error, they will see how useful it can be when played properly. This is the overarching goal with my deck: to build one's skill in a way that is entertaining and teaches basic principles of conservation of resources, tactful strategy, and cooperation between champions. The other chosen barbarians are picked from different clans intentionally, giving the new player exposure to the diversity and potential of the barbarian theme. Interrogator is a decent melee grunt, and Ghoulhunter brings anti-DEF with Illuminate (something traditionally provided by Sarge) and a protective global buff at a cheap price.

Because of the fact that many of the selected champs are physical damage (something that could not really be helped), the spell selection was chosen to enhance this trait rather than try and get around it by other means. This decision is partially a personal one, as my own playstyle follows a "When life gives you lemons........." approach. There will be times when you won't have all that you need available to you, and you will have to make due with the resources you have. In IS's case, it often comes down to alt damage. If the opponent is playing a lot of tanky champs with Resistance to physical damage, Strip Armor or a quick Hammer Strike can partially negate this disadvantage. Griffin Rider's Sunder or Ghoulhunter's Illuminate, or even Interrogator's Poison can all serve to debuff the opposing defenses to a point when their Resistance is all but worthless.

Again, I did try to follow the rules to the letter, but some exceptions must be made in the end. I have complete faith that the above deck can perform well right up into high exo league, given a player of sufficient skill. It is designed to make the learning process as painless as possible, with the added benefit of being rousing good fun to play!
      JazzMan1221, Jan 1, 2014

2. ThbigchiefActive Member
      1) Paladin deck:
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CpHctdc6ActhchychtChucifC1tc7Bc4-Ci5s7=s1Msus1Ysfslsvs1osPsKrHrYeme2O

- Now I had to go outside the first 5 expansions at times but I feel this is a cheap attainable well rounded paladin deck equipping new players with some simple tools as well as touching on some combinations to get them interested in more depth.

a) You have some cleansing options - Consecrate, trail etc
      b) Equipment removal/Detection - Disarm and UV to counter frustrating stealth/equip win/cons that can happen at early situations without experience
      c) Alt damage options - spell based, champ based and equipment based. Again to help avoid frustrating resistance blocks.

- It also has synergy with trails, celestial spear and burning crusade as well as commander to get new players used to rune interaction.
      Thbigchief, Jan 1, 2014

3. GabrielQWell-Known Member
      For starter battlegroup:
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/c5IC8QCPCq_ctdC4KC10C8mC5mc1tS5Xs1Ys31SlsPs2drirYr3tele1p with full drunk theme
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/c5IC8QCPCq_ctdC4KC10C8WC5mc1tS5Xs1Ys31SlsPs2drirYr3tele1p with master axemans replacing IF brawlers

Nice group that represents dwarves well from a lore perspective, with the drunk theme and some carismatic runes like sarge and battle matron. It has a built in stun/bane blast combo and is balanced in range and melee champions.

EDIT: Revised version, revised versions of my starter submissions should be balanced against each other, any commentary on this regard is appreciated

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/c8QCpHcFCq_cakctdC4KC10C8WC5mc1tS5Xs1Ys31SlsvsPs2drirYele_
      GabrielQ, Jan 1, 2014

davre22Member
      I'm going to try to build 8 decks that represent each faction's strengths and synergy between themes, and when all 8 are done take a closer look at how to balance them against one another to make a good set of introductory decks that play well against each other, are fairly representative of the current game, and introduce a lot of the themes' main concepts.

Here is a preliminary IS starter
      davre22, Jan 3, 2014

4. BaskitkaseWell-Known Member
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/ckcFCq_ctdC4Kc6nC10C8WC5mC1ts5Xs1YsfSls4Gs1osPs2drHrir5ele_

[​IMG]
      Analysis:

When I think of classic representation of Ironfist Stronghold I think of none other than Dwarves. It represents our slow but hearty battlefield pace.

No more than 2 Exos, I picked my favorite two early Exos. I'd like to have included an Ethereal Priestest in the mix as well as she is an all around support not only a heal-only support like the PoV. It is VERY important for new people to learn the importance of support runes. Power overload is one of the main characteristics of a new deck that I see. That's why I reached out and got a Sergeant. He's the core of our corps.

The main play in classic IS is going to be the strip armor power play. We don't have a minister, which is the catalyst to the play, but we have Maca, a round of sarge taps, maybe a Carouse to get into position and so on and so forth.

There are also lesser power plays such as Hammer/Bane, Stun or Knockout (Nightwatch)/Bane, OtE with Stun, Earthshaker or Hammer. Fontgrab with Earthshaker stun/KO and Strip + earthquake/hammer/shaker.

One thing that really helped me early on was working with Markoth and learning how important it was to have the correct composition in your deck.
      • That means bringing the common expected counters. In this deck we have Magic damage, Detection, Perseverance counter and Equip counter. Those are the main ones IMO. Second tier counters would be Impenetrable and Hidden Spell detection depending on upgrades.
      • Stealth: I've found that making your opponent deploy something allows for two things, you to know what he's going to deploy and him to deploy something other than what he'd like to have deployed. You've got 4 great stealthed runes here, depending on terrain. A good stealth game really helps reduce transparency and increase opportunity.
      • Healing: We've got two PoVs, that's a lot of healing. If I had my rathers I'd switch one PoV for an Ethereal Priestest. There's also synergy with Euan's consecrate.
      • Control: Why is KF doing so well right now? Well control is half of it, they have a great amount of meta pacify units and control spells. This BG has several items of control in the Nightwatch, OtE, Eartheshaker and Master Axeman.
      • Nora Gen: The other reason KF is doing so well. Let the new guy experience nora gen. The Miner is not drop-on-reveal like the Slag so they'll have to learn when they can afford the tempo hit.
      • AP Gen: You simply must have the ability to provide more-than-base AP to the forward battlefield. Otherwise you are seriously transparent and, in the case of IS, slow.
      One thing you asked for that I really don't see in some of these other submissions is competive playability. This deck could play in the top 50. There are runes that I'd switch out, such as Scarlets for the Magisters, Roughnecks for the Sharpshooters and Agent's for the Nightwatches, but that's the main point - it plays like IS plays.

It will do great at lower ranks as you'll have a full complement of everything you'll need given any situation. It's up to you to manager your nora and deploys to get things placed correctly.

I'd be happy to test this BG vs. others in TG if anyone wants. As always, if anyone needs anything, my IGN is the same, please ask.
      Baskitkase, Jan 3, 2014
      soulmilk and MageDKun like this.
    5. DresnarActive Member
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c3Ic3ckc2jcFC4KC10C4c4Zc1tc4-C1Zs1YSfSlsvs1osPrHrirYr5eleh

Some real potent synergy in the deck with boost beast, armorer, barb racial, catapult, warcry and battle master aura off of Barb commander and guard tower.
      Dresnar, Jan 3, 2014

davre22Member
      davre22, Jan 3, 2014

6. MageDKunMember

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/ckcFCq_ctdC4Kc6nC10C8WC5mC1ts5Xs1YsfSls4Gs1osPs2drHrir5ele_

[​IMG]
      Analysis:

When I think of classic representation of Ironfist Stronghold I think of none other than Dwarves. It represents our slow but hearty battlefield pace.

No more than 2 Exos, I picked my favorite two early Exos. I'd like to have included an Ethereal Priestest in the mix as well as she is an all around support not only a heal-only support like the PoV. It is VERY important for new people to learn the importance of support runes. Power overload is one of the main characteristics of a new deck that I see. That's why I reached out and got a Sergeant. He's the core of our corps.

The main play in classic IS is going to be the strip armor power play. We don't have a minister, which is the catalyst to the play, but we have Maca, a round of sarge taps, maybe a Carouse to get into position and so on and so forth.

There are also lesser power plays such as Hammer/Bane, Stun or Knockout (Nightwatch)/Bane, OtE with Stun, Earthshaker or Hammer. Fontgrab with Earthshaker stun/KO and Strip + earthquake/hammer/shaker.

One thing that really helped me early on was working with Markoth and learning how important it was to have the correct composition in your deck.
      • That means bringing the common expected counters. In this deck we have Magic damage, Detection, Perseverance counter and Equip counter. Those are the main ones IMO. Second tier counters would be Impenetrable and Hidden Spell detection depending on upgrades.
      • Stealth: I've found that making your opponent deploy something allows for two things, you to know what he's going to deploy and him to deploy something other than what he'd like to have deployed. You've got 4 great stealthed runes here, depending on terrain. A good stealth game really helps reduce transparency and increase opportunity.
      • Healing: We've got two PoVs, that's a lot of healing. If I had my rathers I'd switch one PoV for an Ethereal Priestest. There's also synergy with Euan's consecrate.
      • Control: Why is KF doing so well right now? Well control is half of it, they have a great amount of meta pacify units and control spells. This BG has several items of control in the Nightwatch, OtE, Eartheshaker and Master Axeman.
      • Nora Gen: The other reason KF is doing so well. Let the new guy experience nora gen. The Miner is not drop-on-reveal like the Slag so they'll have to learn when they can afford the tempo hit.
      • AP Gen: You simply must have the ability to provide more-than-base AP to the forward battlefield. Otherwise you are seriously transparent and, in the case of IS, slow.
      One thing you asked for that I really don't see in some of these other submissions is competive playability. This deck could play in the top 50. There are runes that I'd switch out, such as Scarlets for the Magisters, Roughnecks for the Sharpshooters and Agent's for the Nightwatches, but that's the main point - it plays like IS plays.

It will do great at lower ranks as you'll have a full complement of everything you'll need given any situation. It's up to you to manager your nora and deploys to get things placed correctly.

I'd be happy to test this BG vs. others in TG if anyone wants. As always, if anyone needs anything, my IGN is the same, please ask.”
      Thanks! This to proved to be a massive help to creating my very own Dwarf BG. :)
      MageDKun, Jan 11, 2014

7. BaskitkaseWell-Known Member
      Baskitkase, Jan 11, 2014

8. SardorimNew Member
      Sardorim, Feb 12, 2014

5. KTCAOP

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Gedden, Jan 1, 2014.

As a reference, here is the current Savage Tundra starter:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c24C1Gc1@C1=C4qc1KcqGC2tC2qC2iS16SMS13sNS1XrIEFED

• It should be competitive.
        In the hands of a skilled player they should be able to compete in ranked games.
      For the starter deck:
      • It should be easy to play, with a trick or two up its sleeve!
        In general using the same rune multiple times in a battlegroup means there are fewer mechanics to learn, which makes it easier to play. Also runes with advanced mechanics (like charges) should probably be avoided.
      For the theme deck:

Lets see what ya got!
      Gedden, Jan 1, 2014

AuthyrtyrActive Member
      I'm assuming that the split limitation noted above doesn't apply to theme BGs because so many of PoxNora's cool themes are split faction. This is a build of KF/ST Beasts that capitalizes on tanking with high HP:Nora ratio with supporting spells and relics. Rarity for this strategy is usually pretty low to the ground.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CtyCutC26ciQC6iC8DcgQctoCdpS7KS7@S8ws4KSLr3nr2YrIR2we2b
      Authyrtyr, Jan 1, 2014

2. AuthyrtyrActive Member
      If splits are off limit for themes I'm sorry for my ignorant submission. My other question is whether or not these new themes will come with a new Legendary like every previous theme deck.
      Authyrtyr, Jan 1, 2014

3. GabrielQWell-Known Member
      EDIT: Starter battlegroup
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c24ca1C1GC6aC1@CqBC1=Conc6iC6us3ms19s5us7bS2LS13sNr3dr1_rIeH

EDIT 2: Revised version, revised versions of my starter submissions should be balanced against each other, any commentary on this regard is appreciated
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c24ca1ChdCpdC6ac3wC1=C4qConcqGC6is19s5us7bS2LS13sNr3dr1_rIe2P

These are some battlegroup ideas trying to follow the premises but that are mainly focused on lore and for that reason, in need of a few tweaks to become competitive, I don't know if this in your plans but if you want I can get into details :
      Idea 1: Frost battlegroup
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C7wc24c1JC4kc3wc1@C49C4jC1=Cu8s19SMS2Ls3bS13s3Ys2KRwrIeH
      Notes:
      Note that the frontliners are elementals: Ice Golem should be a pure tank, Blizzard elemental a frontline beater with snow support and snowman is fine. The three of them are ice eaters, so they support spell spam with deep freeze and ice storm, also howling wing can give them vuln: frost, but I think that doesn't help
      Shamans are supposed to support elementals in some way (lore wise, see the daily skirmishes) and they have amp frost, so I include them, but they need a tweak
      Ice dragon because dragons are cool and the exo slots were occupied, if not, icesnap or glacial titan (preferably) would have taken his slot
      Frostbows are flavor wise second to the shardmasters, so it made sense to include them
      Support section is self explanatory I guess, mirror shield for simple ice golem combo
      There are lots of fire vulnerability that could go in this bg, it also lacks a good contesting relic and anti equipment. I didn't want to go for icewisps or newer relics like containment unit on purpose.

Idea 2: Lonx hunting party
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CwjC2tCuqC2qCqVChhC8DC4ic7qc4hs19S2LS13sNS1Xr14r2grIe1M

I imagined that gnark's affinity for snowcats could be blended with their ranger skills to make a mixed battlegroup, I don't know why, because none of the runes suggest that, but I thought that a ranger battlegroup should be focused around terrain interactions with snow and ice, like hidden: artic, tunnel: snow and such, to lean into more stealthy and ambush tactics to offset the lack of powerful ranged units. Later, this beast/ranger battlegroup would synergize with frostfall hydra with it's snow support. Several runes here needs a revamp, starting for gnark himself.

Idea 3: Lonx beast ranch
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CwjcomC1GC3ycutC1XC4xC6iC8Dc7q
      (just the champions)
      Battlegroup focused around the lonxs with most beast synergy and "pure" beasts (no crystal, no mounted) this lacks a lot of things, mainly reliable range, and azaren is a recent hero, so I don't think he would be used in a starter deck, so I won't write more on this.
      GabrielQ, Jan 1, 2014

“If splits are off limit for themes I'm sorry for my ignorant submission. My other question is whether or not these new themes will come with a new Legendary like every previous theme deck.”You didn't understand, gedden is looking to replace the ST starter deck with a better one, that's why splits aren't allowed. But I guess that if TG become pre constructed only more theme decks will come.
      GabrielQ, Jan 1, 2014

4. AuthyrtyrActive Member
      Well she mentioned she was also looking for theme decks, that was what I was trying to post for.
      Authyrtyr, Jan 1, 2014

5. AuthyrtyrActive Member
      Although... she does say a new theme deck for each faction... oops. Well, there it is anyways I guess.
      Authyrtyr, Jan 1, 2014

6. GabrielQWell-Known Member
      GabrielQ, Jan 1, 2014

7. AuthyrtyrActive Member
      Authyrtyr, Jan 1, 2014

8. AuthyrtyrActive Member
      Authyrtyr, Jan 1, 2014

9. PedeguerraActive Member

“We are looking to update the starter decks for each faction, and we also want to create a new theme deck for each faction. We want to hear from all of you.

As a reference, here is the current Savage Tundra starter:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c24C1Gc1@C1=C4qc1KcqGC2tC2qC2iS16SMS13sNS1XrIEFED

For the starter deck:

• Strong preference for runes from the first five expansions
      For the theme deck:

Lets see what ya got!”
      So, this is the perfect opportunity to help out, I think. My main faction is ST, and I have all the runes from the faction, as well as a plethora of different bgs. I have played all of them successfully, and I have a blast building bgs. This is how my bgs would look like if I was making them, having in mind all the restrictions made (with one exception - banner):

Starter deck (with first five expansions only):

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C4vc24C48C4xc3wc1@C1=C4qC6iS19SMs S13sNS1XrwrIrKEF

Focus was to make a frost bg as a main, but also mixing beasts to the table for damage and HP, for the synergy with beast tamer is awesome. In terms of strength I´d rate it 3 out of 5, I think.
      PS: Since ST didnt exist on the Release Set, I used up to the Grimlics Descent expansion.

Theme deck - Yetis:

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CflCadCglc9UCgkCqNCtzCgzS3ms19S2LS13s6fr1_r30R3yrIE1T

Yetis are plain awesome and straight forward, their racial is tricky for new players but all one has to do is deploy champs. I´d rate this bg 4 out of 5. I left out one of the key champions for the bg, Keeper of Memories, because of his charge mechanic.

It was awesome doing this, thanks for the initiative.
      Pedeguerra, Jan 1, 2014

10. GutsaMember

“Theme deck - Yetis:

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CflCadCglc9UCgkCqNCtzCgzS3ms19S2LS13s6fr1_r30R3yrIE1T

Yetis are plain awesome and straight forward, their racial is tricky for new players but all one has to do is deploy champs. I´d rate this bg 4 out of 5. I left out one of the key champions for the bg, Keeper of Memories, because of his charge mechanic.

It was awesome doing this, thanks for the initiative.”No exos?
      Gutsa, Jan 1, 2014

11. davre22Member

ST starter here
      davre22, Jan 4, 2014

12. Selpa'iMember
      Selpa'i, Feb 19, 2014
      Last edited by Selpa'i, Feb 19, 2014

6. KTCAOP

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Gedden, Jan 1, 2014.

As a reference, here is the current Forsaken Waste starter:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CaC6Cpcw3Cw4C7c16c9dCqgC1lSgSnsUSFsZrTe1zEqet

For the starter deck:
      For the theme deck:

Lets see what ya got!
      Gedden, Jan 1, 2014

h0spyActive Member
      I think for the themed FW you should do something like this http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CjKc93c2dCw4C8bC8ZCg-c44CtIcqgc4ns6Zs56s6As85s12snS5ar1IrTr1e20e1m
      My reasons why are as follows:
      1. Giving them a bg without Serkan forces the player to play a less clutch serkan style of play giving them the chance to be more opportunistic.
      2. The mix off both new and old runes shows them the aspect off both companies works and it also allows them to see the change in them from now.
      3. Spirits as a theme have lots off ways off being played, you can rush with stealth, play them normally and dont use the stealth aspect or play defensively with stealth. With spirits you can tell the difference between a good spirit user and a bad spirit user, they seem to be very position based so this helps encourage and force new players to be wary off positioning.
      4. This bg also has a mix off both shoeboxed runes and meta standard runes which may help the player understand the faults in each rune in comparison and what makes a shoebox or meta rune.
      5. I believe the bg could also be played at a competative level and it's also not a bg like Lich's where the skill level to play them are extremely low even if it's a budget bg.

Well this is my suggestion hopefully you find this interesting.
      Edit 1: ****, I didnt notice the first 5 expansion rule :L
      Edit 2: Ignore that I guess I forgot how to read.
      h0spy, Jan 1, 2014
      Hawkless1 and devourx like this.
    2. ReskkNew Member

“I think for FW you should do something like this http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CjKc93c2dCw4C8bC8ZCg-c44CtIcqgc4ns6Zs56s6As85s12snS5ar1IrTr1e20e1m
      My reasons why are as follows:
      1. Giving them a bg without Serkan forces the player to play a less clutch serkan style of play giving them the chance to be more opportunistic.
      2. The mix off both new and old runes shows them the aspect off both companies works and it also allows them to see the change in them from now.
      3. Spirits as a theme have lots off ways off being played, you can rush with stealth, play them normally and dont use the stealth aspect or play defensively with stealth. With spirits you can tell the difference between a good spirit user and a bad spirit user, they seem to be very position based so this helps encourage and force new players to be wary off positioning.
      4. This bg also has a mix off both shoeboxed runes and meta standard runes which may help the player understand the faults in each rune in comparison and what makes a shoebox or meta rune.
      5. I believe the bg could also be played at a competative level and it's also not a bg like Lich's where the skill level to play them are extremely low even if it's a budget bg.

Well this is my suggestion hopefully you find this interesting.”I agree with this BG but I'd drop the Xulos for a Lich King. Xulos doesn't synergize well with spirits but Lich King benefits from some of the illusion spirits for surge. Also lich king is a good combo for reapers blade.
      Reskk, Jan 1, 2014

3. h0spyActive Member

“I agree with this BG but I'd drop the Xulos for a Lich King. Xulos doesn't synergize well with spirits but Lich King benefits from some of the illusion spirits for surge. Also Lich Ling is a good combo for reapers blade.”I totally understand why you think that would be best for synergy purposes but (this is my own opinion don't stake me for it) I think Serkan and Lich King stump skill development, they are ridiculously good and can change games single handedly. So I don't think giving a new player a 20 damage, 8 range and 60HP rune will be a good idea because as you can imagine they will deploy that as soon and as often as possible which in a competitive scene is never a good idea.
      h0spy, Jan 1, 2014

4. Paper SkullMember
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CuC7NC2fc93CjC9gc16C69ChVC4bswS2mSFR2hr3lrTr8eqet
      Paper Skull, Jan 1, 2014

5. GabrielQWell-Known Member
      Zombie theme deck
      With warlocks:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C4TCg CtUC6qCfLCpwcoXCwoCuJs6Zs56Sgs12SnR2NrTr1r8e1m
      Without warlocks:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C4TCg ctWcg_CtUC6qCfLcoXCwoCuJs6Zs56Sgs12SnR2NrTr1r8e1m
      GabrielQ, Jan 2, 2014

6. ShimaruActive Member

“I totally understand why you think that would be best for synergy purposes but (this is my own opinion don't stake me for it) I think Serkan and Lich King stump skill development, they are ridiculously good and can change games single handedly. So I don't think giving a new player a 20 damage, 8 range and 60HP rune will be a good idea because as you can imagine they will deploy that as soon and as often as possible which in a competitive scene is never a good idea.”I think forcing a newbie to play with a "not-as-good" rune does not encourage players to stick around for too long. At one hand, it feeds the pay-to-win mentality as the new players see runes that are objectively better than what they are granted, and even if is cheap to acquire, a developer should not expect a new player to come with a clear idea on how to obtain certain runes, or what gold and poxbox are. At the other hand, by granting these runes to newbies, they do not only have an advantage to equal the field against veterans (to some degree), but also learn the basics about countering said runes. That is, a player who knows how, when and why to deploy or move certain champion because he have played with it a lot, will be more likely try to counter it and expand their ability, rather than throwing a fist and going to the forums to cry "nerf it".

The bigger risk, however, is pissing off newbies once the crutch champion is nerfed, if ever. We could argue champions that are programmed to be nerfed should not form part of the new starter decks, problem is (and people like dondon have proved this plenty of times), the nerf cries will never stop and there is plenty of room to speculation.
      Shimaru, Jan 2, 2014

7. ShimaruActive Member
      My proposal for a theme deck:

Skeleton (now with +1 broken bones!)

To begin with, I think not all rules can be fully followed. Mainly, because the runes from the first 5 expansions are outdated and kind of weak when compared to newest releases, and because the no-leg also implies not warbanner, which I think is pretty important.

Random notes:
      • I include a bone elemental and one skeletal raider to put emphasis on the "rarity =/= power". Both have roughly the same role and power level, so the player can always have a champion in play, and not feel like having a disadvantage for not having one or the other. If we have to enforce the "2 exotic champions", definitely I would cut the bone elemental first.
      • One grekin because ichor and logistic are more "advanced" mechanics. Having it on play would give a taste to the newbie about those abilities, and given the 7spd + exertion it would be a solid choice for early game. And by limiting the amount of other champs with said abilities (no ichor other than the crossbone, or any other logistic champion), the player does not get overwhelmed by the interactions.
      • Only 1 mysian necromancer because she does not have the skeleton race, severely limiting her synergy with the rest of the BG. No tormented priest because it is exotic and pretty bad, and bonewing is a LEG.
      • No domination ever.

EDIT: I decided to made a Skeleton light bg that fits within the criteria.
      Shimaru, Jan 2, 2014

davre22Member
      Here is an early FW starter deck
      davre22, Jan 3, 2014

8. h0spyActive Member

“I'm going to try to make one of these for each faction, try to balance them against one another, and refine them. Looking at BGs that are fun and capture the flavour of the faction as well as a broad range of themes. Not necessarily meta but no terribad runes either.

Here is an early FW starter deck”If you dont consider Bile zombie and Crossbone as terribad I fear the runes you do class as terribad.
      h0spy, Jan 3, 2014

9. davre22Member
      davre22, Jan 3, 2014

10. MontazghulNew Member
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/C4wChMC2fCaNChNC69C4bc4nS15s8asns4fS5ar2hrTRmr1E2Be1m

Here is mine, I play skeletons and they use few mechanics are fun to play and the still use some old runes.

Here we are missing the crucial bonewings but I made it to not be full of exos or legs.

Montazghul, Jan 4, 2014

11. NexianMember
      Nexian, Jan 13, 2014

Mercer SkyeWell-Known Member
      Mercer Skye, Jan 13, 2014

12. GabrielQWell-Known Member
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CpCiNCw4CdTCaVc9dC69c6yCtIc4nS6Zsgs12SnS5arTr2Pr8e1meq
      Starter deck, with AP removal module with grim well (newbs love grim well), rip witch and steal life.
      rest is pretty standard and easy to play with, 2 harassers, 2 support and the rest ranged and melee combatants
      EDIT : Revised version, revised versions of my starter submissions should be balanced against each other, any commentary on this regard is appreciated
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cpCiNCw4CdTCaVc9dCg-C69CtIc4ns6ZSgs12SnS5arTr2Pr8e1meq
      GabrielQ, Jan 13, 2014

Mercer SkyeWell-Known Member
      Starter Deck w/ 'freebie' legends

If there absolutely, positively is no way for a starter to exist with a Spectral Emissary and a Vex;

Starter Deck w/o 'freebie' legends

I wanted to put Unholy Tomb in the starter, but in the end, competitive or not, it takes a lot more finesse to play a UT well, and a new player is likely not going to know right away when is a good time to drop one(Contrary to the popular whine that it's 'just drop and go').

Reaper's Blade vs Soulreave was another rough choice. I went with Reaper's Blade for the fact that it's more forgiving for a misuse of it than soulreave is. Blade may make a champion suboptimal while it's equipped in some cases, but at least it isn't a flat wasted 40n.

'Subltle' combos. Feeding off of FW's quick cooldowns, there's plenty of sub-64 cost units and AP gen from Cleric to make an Altar of Sacrifice work. Ghost Stalkers provide illusions to help a new player in positioning the relic, and it's another source of problematic champion control. A Haunt allows the player to not only destroy a problem opposing relic, but also recycle their altar if needed.

Theme Deck;

Grim Harvest

Ridiculously cheap and efficient to the bone. Grim Harvest is a starting toolkit for the young, aspiring necromancer. Minions that are easy to summon, rudimentary sacrificial spells, and plenty of room to grow out into darker endeavors.

Flood your opponent with a wall of festering meat, and when your opponent is foolish enough to think they've finally beat your minions back, pull the rug out from under them as you sacrifice them yourself to sap the last vestiges of life from your foe's units.
      Mercer Skye, Jan 13, 2014
      Last edited by Mercer Skye, Jan 13, 2014

7. KTCAOP

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Gedden, Jan 1, 2014.

As a reference, here is the current Shattered Peaks starter:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c2zctVc2xc3xc2ncq4C2UC2WC2OC2YC3zC2IC2TS1kS1irurOEjEk

For the starter deck:
      For the theme deck:

Lets see what ya got!
      Gedden, Jan 1, 2014

LordKahnNew Member
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c4Ic4Fc2zctVc3xc2nC2UC2WC2OC2YC3zC2TS1kS1is1jrurOEjEkeG

STARTER BG
      Its almost the same as the one we have right now, only a few changes.
      LordKahn, Jan 1, 2014

Paper SkullMember
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c2mc2zc2bc2xc3xc2nC2UcoYc94cwLC2WC2OC2YC3zc2TS1ks1jruR=rOeje1Qe1f

I think it pretty much has to be moga, it seems the most SP kind of deck.
      Paper Skull, Jan 1, 2014

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C98C6mC3nC5Tcq4C4PC6QC5nC96s5QS1ks3ts59r16r=rOr2lejeke1Ke1j
      For starter battlegroup, It's voil heavy but I think it represents well the pyramid of powers on the peaks (it lacks g'herns but whatever). I think mogas shouldn't be the starter deck because they are too particular, and I think that playing starter decks should be easier, also, cheap units and negative racial have a frustration factor for the user if he's new, even if the units are in fact overpowered.

EDIT: Revised version, revised versions of my starter submissions should be balanced against each other, any commentary on this regard is appreciated
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c6mc7QCwJCtZc4IC3nC5Tcq4C6QC5nC3Qs5Qs1kS6_s3ts59r=rOejeke1Ke1j

Theme decks, all of these are real decks for the themes, excluding legendaries that are worth 2 rares from last expansion in poxbox doesn't make a lot of sense, more when those legendaries have all the synergies of the theme built in, It would be near impossible to play any SP theme at all if all of his legendaries were priced like other factions.

Moga/g'hern:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c4Icgqcp=cp7c3xCtXCoYCjAC6TC3vC94C2Os5Qs1ks6ks83s7ys6Ys59r2Yr1irOe1j
      The standard moga deck as I see it, trappers, harpoon, swarm, surge, typical. to avoid legendaries, replace general and soothsayer with tyrant and isangoma
      Cyclops:
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/C98C7Qc6YCplChIChOCtZCd5cq3coKs5Qs1kS6_s3ts59s82r2Yr16r2ZrOeke2H
      A cyclops deck focused on the efficiency of the champions, also, there are some tricks like vitalize + 5 speed + speed upgrade, battlefiend + havoc's touch, there is also plenty of ichor.
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/C98C8oCq6C2DchIchOCtZCd5Cq3coKs5QS3tS1xs59r2Yr16r2Zr26rOe2He1j
      Tribal hut cyclops
      Hyaenids
      Hyaenids are lacking something to become competitive, they either need some sources of defile mixed in their champions or some reworks to hyaenid executioner, stalker and the exile to become more efficient killers, also some of the djinns can use more synergy and the whole interaction is unpleasing sometimes, with that in mind:
      Hyaenids + exile:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CkxCaDCaFCuFCaGCaHC5TCwKcwYs5Qs1ks6_s3ts6Ys59s82r2Yr16r=rOeje1j
      Deep wounds synergy, lots of disables and lots of AP gen to get exile/executioner double taps and instigator swarms, this lacks magic damage, headshrinker should get solidify.
      Hyaenids + djinns
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CjOCfACkxc5TCfPCf@cgHCjPcfOCfIs5Qs1ks6_s3ts7ys7Is59s82r2Yr=rOe1fe1j
      Less disables, more meta units and more power with surge and serf.
      Voils
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C3ncq4ciVCaacgJCgFC5nCwHC3QC96s5Qs1ks6_s3ts7ys59s82s4mr2YrOr2le1Ke1j
      The usual synergy with the addition of lift + windstriker
      Slags
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/ckwChPchUC8JCdlCdvc2JCdzCf0Cdxs5Qs1ks6_s3ts7ts59s82r2Yr=r3hrOeke1f
      Lag generation machine
      GabrielQ, Jan 1, 2014

ballballerActive Member
      I would make it a goodstuff so that newcomers can play with a lot of different thpes of units. Sp especially has a lot of themes, and it would suck to have a newcomer not want to play the faction because they didnt like the chosen theme when, in reality, there are a bunch of other options
      ballballer, Jan 2, 2014

2. LordKahnNew Member
      Better Moga Starter BG (without the STRONG preference for first 5 expansions runes)

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c4Ic3nc4Fc2zc3xc2nC2UC6TCpzC94C2OC2TS1is1jS6Yr1irOejEke1QeG

I use this BG myself and its awesome, I think this would be very solid for a new player. With 2 or 5 games new players should be able to get used to the Ghernbound. Or i would recommend a good tutorial.

This can realy put up a fight with other starter BG's like pandemonium which i think its the best starter BG ever made in poxnora and my favorite.
      LordKahn, Jan 3, 2014

davre22Member
      First attempt at an SP starter deck
      davre22, Jan 4, 2014

3. Grandpa69New Member
      Grandpa69, Jan 6, 2014

4. soulmilkActive Member
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C6mc4IC3nc2zC5Tcq4C94ciVC5ncwHC3Qs5Qs1ks1is3ts6Ys59r16r2Wr=r2leje1Qe1j

I kept in mind 4 things when making this BG.
      1st
      Teach the basics of SP's play style and abilities they commonly use.
      2nd
      Easy to understand and learn.
      3rd
      Synergy between the selected runes, but also keeping in mind this is a starter deck and meant to be improved upon.
      4th
      Have all common counters and can be played well in ranked.
      soulmilk, Jan 11, 2014

5. ballballerActive Member
      ballballer, Jan 11, 2014

soulmilk likes this.
    6. ballballerActive Member
      ballballer, Jan 12, 2014

Lokiswara likes this.
    7. LokiswaraMember

“This is a good Sp bg and definitely top 50 viable. This would make a killer starter deck
      Champs: 16
      2 stormflyers
      2 overcharged golems
      2 Hyaenid Spearmans
      Dirge
      Sciean
      1 voil transporter
      1 Jester
      1 Barb bolt
      1 Peaks marid
      1 Firebomber
      2 Voil Lifestealers
      1 pit wolf

Spells: 7
      1 Avalanche
      1 lightning storm
      2 alacrity
      1 vertical push
      2 whispers of the mind

Relics: 5
      2 thunderhead totem
      1 Banner
      1 voil kings crypt
      1 cleansing emerald

Equips: 2
      2 Vicious Harpoons”This looks sweet as a starter pack. Not some mumbo jumbo BG just-for-the-sake of it. I vote for ballballer's.

Though I'd say your core should be:
      2 Overcharged Golem, 2 Voil Stormflyer, 2 Hyaenid Spearman

and -1 Vicious Harpoon, +1 Earthshaker's Bracelet (Another SP original quip)
      and -1 Banner (no LE), -1 Voil King's Crypt (for starters, a VKcrypt isn't really friendly), +1 Echo Chamber (original damaging relic from SP), +1 Moga Bartering Post (learning how to contest font with relics. substitute for banner as a form of cheap disposable relic)
      and -1 Alacrity, -1 Whispers of the Mind, +1 Pilfered Armory, +1 State of Confusion
      and -1 Barbarian Bolt, +1 Hyaenid Mundungu
      Lokiswara, Jan 17, 2014
      Last edited by Lokiswara, Jan 17, 2014

8. KTCAOP

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Gedden, Jan 1, 2014.

As a reference, here is the current Sundered Lands starter:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C3=CmCWC3@CTC41C1dC1fC1zc3-SaSjSYr3rPEOe4

For the starter deck:
      For the theme deck:

Lets see what ya got!
      Gedden, Jan 1, 2014

DagdaActive Member
      You're excluding warbanners?

I'll get back to you on at least one of these, anyhow

Dragonclaw*1
      Forb Fruit*1
      DB*2
      Quickening*2
      Firestorm*1
      Tornado*2
      Taint*1
      Blister*1
      and I'd like to include a banner too- SL has almost no relics in the first 5 expansions (banner, tainted statue, and dragon skull. Skull gets outed by my choice of fruit instead, and is also less useful without the ability to actually build around it. Statue is subpar, realistically. It can certainly work, I'm one of a few to make it happen, but SL's strength still lies in its core spellset for me.)

Anyhow, with a banner that takes me to 12 non-champs, 18 spots for champs left

Vindrax*1
      Broodqueen*2
      Drak Archer*2
      Varu Howler*2
      Krikkinwing*1
      Ravager*1
      Draksar Chameleon*1
      Skeez Cannon*2
      Skeez Alchemist*2
      Acid Leech*1
      Fire Leech*1
      Skeezick Rioter*2

all together, that's-

Vindrax*1
      Broodqueen*2
      Drak Archer*2
      Varu Howler*2
      Krikkinwing*1
      Ravager*1
      Draksar Chameleon*1
      Skeez Cannon*2
      Skeez Alchemist*2
      Acid Leech*1
      Fire Leech*1
      Skeezick Rioter*2

Dragonclaw*1
      Forb Fruit*1

DB*2
      Quickening*2
      Firestorm*1
      Tornado*2
      Taint*1
      Blister*1

Draksar Warbanner*1

just a rough draft

so far as the theme deck goes, I have some ideas but I dunno where I wanna start.
      Dagda, Jan 1, 2014
      BurnPyro likes this.
    2. GeddenDesert Owl Games
      I'm totally fine with having war-banners. In fact, all the current starters have war-banners in them.
      Gedden, Jan 1, 2014

3. h0spyActive Member
      I think Dagda's deck idea is great but perhaps it should include some off the newer C/UC's like Menglan Lord, Magnetize because otherwise you're only showing new players the old stuff off pox and not some off the more creative good things pox have to offer.
      h0spy, Jan 1, 2014

4. GeddenDesert Owl Games
      The idea here is we want to create two decks. The starter BG would have more of the early runes and the theme BG could be all new runes. My thinking is for a new player, all 2k runes are new runes so that does not matter as much. It also plays into some other themes we are talking about putting into pox that we are going to talk about later.
      Gedden, Jan 1, 2014

5. DagdaActive Member
      "all 2k runes are new runes"

?

Did not comprehend
      Dagda, Jan 1, 2014

6. MikeLinMember
      Me and some of the others firmly believe that Skeezick is the best theme to build a foundation of understanding for SL.

Im gonna do this in several versions (will finish later on):
      Currently version 4 is the one I would recommend as the SL Theme BG.

Version 1 (only runes from the first five expansions, anybody that played Skeezick early on knows all these runes; however, its a severely outdated bg. Meets all the requirements of your starter bg):

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C4Uc1aC41c4VC35C2oc4LC1dC4XC4GSasjS26SYS24sHrPeOe4

Version 2 (only runes all the way up to Dawn of Elements. I joined around that patch and this looks very close to my first ff skeez. Although many did not run 2x Minefield back then, alot do now because they are op as hell.)

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c65C4UC41C35c2oc4LC1dC4Xc4GC6_c7LSasjS26S2-SYsHrPeOe4

Version 3 (only runes all the way up to Broodcall. This to me was really old school Skeezick. Broodcall brings with it one of the best equipment in SL, Rage Band. With rage band cannoneer loses recoil, and stacks dmg with fury. Also, because march of the Skeezick sucks right now, one can take out the last march for another rage band. Also, in the hands of a skilled player (i.e. Dagdapede, Burnpyro, DevilsRath), this bg can be somewhat competitive in this meta.):

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cw5C4UC41c35c2oc4LC1dC4XC6_C9icqiSasjs26S2-SYsHrPe1le4e1O

Version 4 (after Broodcall, SOE pretty much started to bastardize skeezicks i.e. competitive Skeez changed alot after Broodcall and became more and more expensive to run due to the addition of LE and a skeez hero. However, sticking to the guidelines, I would highly recommend this bg as the SL starter.):

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/Ci1CgXC4UC41c2oc4LCfHc4XChJcqis6Lsasjs84s5ts73S7usYS6vrPe4e1O

2x Ruthless Netmaster has a charge system. If you dont like that, you can sub out for 2x netter or warmages. Also, there is Valdac in here along with Fruit and General. At this point General is really not needed. Valdac however is a staple to pretty much every single FF bg in SL. Fruit is good for Skeezick Filcher to kill nasty superchamps or general hard to kill champs.

Lastly, the end game of skeezick right now would look something like this:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cgXchwC4UChKCpWc2oCfHChJCdXcqis6Lsasjs84s5ts73S7usYS6vrPe4e1O

This will give players that plays Version 4 something to work with, tons of Leg in here for you guys to make money with.Lastly you can mix and match different runes from the end game skeez bg with version four for a slightly better theme bg. This would be completely up to you because I don't know how much value you actually want in the theme bg.
      MikeLin, Jan 1, 2014

KampelActive Member
      I've been thinking this a lot and my version of the BG is this:

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c5oCmCWc40c3@cIc63c5iC4Uc41c35c4Xc1fc3-s1ts2sas11sjszsYs1HsHr3rPeOeL

This is a highly competitive bg (up to mid exo league) with lots of tricks and lots of fun.

Next are my explanations and the colors for easy rarity check:

Acid Dragoleech (It has a bomb and its cheap, so for the Amp part of the bg it works great)
      Draksar Charger (Its the fat melee draksar tank, to give the new player a taste of what SL is about and to introduce them to the non-flyer 2x2 hate)
      Draksar Archers x2 (main rangeds, the new players will find out the violent buff and they will love it, they will also learn to keep them out of danger)
      Draksar Broodqueen x2 (detection and invigorate, they also add summons for the Amp part and introduce noobs to Dodge)
      Draksar Chameleon (Stealthy shatter option with constriction for ranged hate)
      Draksar Master (cheap melee with Drive to teach the value of Dmg buff and perseverance counter)
      Draksar Spellsword (This is from the 6th expac, but this bg needed a magic option and this one is rlly fun, tanky and a it has a Eater ability)
      Flame Dragoleech (Fire for Amp, Nora gen for the sweet, plus works great with Regen champ)
      Skeezick Cannoonneerr (the other ranged option)
      Skeezick Alchemist x2 (Acid/Fire Amp with bombs, great for those Dodging champs)
      Skeezick Drummer (Another AP generator and powerturn, plus its a bit tanky and has alt dmg)
      Skeezick Rioter (All new players should have the option to swarm, when i started this game i wanted this dude really bad, This champ will teach the new noobs to last hit with a particular champ (teachs hitting order))
      Skeezick Trapper (If there is something i love are those little colored traps on the floor, this champ can give the new player some hidden Aces and he will learn the value of map control plus another source of damage against high def champs)
      Vindrax (The acid bomb for Amp. all SL bgs should have at least one Dragon God)

**When i started (Octopi time) i HATED to have 2x each Rune, so little options and combos, ended up without counters or backdoors or tricks and was VERY frustrating, made me stop playing several times... so for the Spell part of this bg i picked 1 of each.
      New players want to learn mechanics and have options so by giving them many different runes you eliminate the feeling of being cornered and it makes the defeats less frustrating.
      So even if you see on thisbg a "useless" or "unefficient" spell just let it be, it will become a great lesson for those who want to improve.

Ambush (Because SURPRISE!)
      Blister (Teachs the "No-Dragonkin = Bad" lesson all SLers must know)
      DB (Only one DB and one QK because on this bg its mostly Amped Bomb damage plus the idea with Drummer and Master is to have different sources of powerturns and avoid the "all kills needs a spell" idea SL been drowning on the last years).
      QK
      Drought (Terraform option with detection and enemy AP control, loved this one when i started)
      Firestorm (Amperable AoE)
      Hatching Season (Because)
      Taint (To allow the new players to learn about draksar gameplay, the new players will learn how to trigger Benediction and Violent, and also to take care of their champs taking them to safety and letting them heal)
      Tornado (Anti-air and anti-relic option)

Dragon Skull (The Amp core)
      Warbanner

Dragonclaw (The Equip+Punch-in-the-face tactic)
      Skeezick Blade (The "SURPRISE YOU ARE INHIBITED NOW" option, Plus it works great with skeezicks and rangeds in general)

**Overall this BG has everything one could need for counters, Its slow (just 3 champs with 7spd) but has many sources of AP gen (Drive, initiative, invigorate, DB), its not TOP TIER and was never meant to be, as a starter it exceeds its rol showing the new player many different tactics and gameplays.
      **This bg works great for ranked and single player campaigns, it has many snowball tactics (Violent stacking, Swarm, Amp, traps stacking) when played correctly and is very versatil on its own.
      Kampel, Jan 1, 2014

GeddenDesert Owl Games
      Gedden, Jan 3, 2014

7. KampelActive Member

“Dagda, I meant there are about 2k runes in pox, and to a new player they are all new :)
      When you sayd the bg should have a "theme" you meant all champs the same race or different to give the new player a taste of what the faction is about?
      Kampel, Jan 3, 2014

MovnTargetActive Member
      MovnTarget, Jan 3, 2014

GabrielQ, Jan 3, 2014

8. GabrielQWell-Known Member
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CmCWC40C63C4UC41c35C2ocqic3-s6wsaSjs2-SYsHrPr2qe1le4e1O
      or
      http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CmCWC40C63C4UC41c35C2ocqic3-s6wsaSjs2-SYsHrPr2qe1lE1O

Focused around powerturns and damage buildup, has a fire immunity module.

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CmCWC40C63cjFC4UC41c35c2ocqic3-s6Ls6wsasjs7usYsHrPr2qe22e1lE1O
      GabrielQ, Jan 3, 2014

MovnTargetActive Member

“Movn, no split runes, so no mandrils and no cultist.”
      Well, that goes to show you just how well I read the post.
      MovnTarget, Jan 3, 2014

h0spy likes this.​
    9. UltimaNew Member
      Ultima, Feb 12, 2014

9. KTCAOP

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Gedden, Jan 1, 2014.

Page 1 of 2
    12Next >

As a reference, here is the current Underdepths starter:
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C3NCyClczC3BCMC-c3VChc1pc3+sySbSAsDS1AR2rAe6

• It should be competitive.
        In the hands of a skilled player they should be able to compete in ranked games.
      For the starter deck:
      • It should be easy to play, with a trick or two up its sleeve!
        In general using the same rune multiple times in a battlegroup means there are fewer mechanics to learn, which makes it easier to play. Also runes with advanced mechanics (like charges) should probably be avoided.
      For the theme deck:

Lets see what ya got!
      Gedden, Jan 1, 2014

ReskkNew Member
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfVclc4_CzC5@C3Bc4@c25c31C7DC5=c1pc3 syS2lSAsDs1lR2iEN

For a starter. The Only non first 5 xpac runes are the Fountains and the Raiders. It fits all requirements.
      Reskk, Jan 1, 2014

2. AuthyrtyrActive Member
      A simple build of spiders as a suggestion for a Theme Deck.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CjXC5MCw=CuXc3VCfXcuTCfBcqqcqyS1Fs86sOSAS1lrAR20E1UeN
      Authyrtyr, Jan 1, 2014

3. xVoddkaMember
      honestly, for the theme you should improve goblins. Theres only 7 champs i think, and no spells/equips/relics that help the theme. Goblins would be great
      xVoddka, Jan 1, 2014

4. ReskkNew Member
      Slight edit adding warbanner

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfVclc4_CzC5@C3Bc4@c25c31C7DC5=c1psyS2lSAsDs1lR2irAEN
      Reskk, Jan 1, 2014

5. GutsaMember
      Spider theme.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CjXCw=c8Kc3VCfXc5yCNCfBcqqcgycqyS1Fs86sOSAS1lrAR20E1Ue2K

Minotaur theme

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/Ch3Ch1Ch2Ch=Ch4CjVCh0Cqsys7FS2Hs86sOsAs1lR3prAR20e2K
      Gutsa, Jan 1, 2014

6. TarabostesMember
      My starter deck:

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/ClC5@C3BC4@C-c60c5uC33C31c5=c1psyS2lsOSAsDs1lrAe2EN
      Tarabostes, Jan 1, 2014

7. h0spyActive Member

“Spider theme.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CjXCw=c8Kc3VCfXc5yCNCfBcqqcgycqyS1Fs86sOSAS1lrAR20E1Ue2K

Minotaur theme

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/Ch3Ch1Ch2Ch=Ch4CjVCh0Cqsys7FS2Hs86sOsAs1lR3prAR20e2K”Void spider is a legendary heh
      h0spy, Jan 1, 2014

8. GabrielQWell-Known Member

“Void spider is a legendary heh”themed decks can include legendaries

Edit: lol, they can't
      GabrielQ, Jan 1, 2014
      h0spy likes this.
    9. GutsaMember

“Void spider is a legendary heh”My bad.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CjXCw=c8Kc3VCfXcuTc5yCNCfBcqqcqyS1Fs86sOSAS1lrAR20E1Ue2K
      Gutsa, Jan 1, 2014

10. LordKahnNew Member
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CoICyClc4_C3BcxC4@c60C5usySbsOSAsDS1lR2rAe6EB
      LordKahn, Jan 2, 2014

11. GabrielQWell-Known Member
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/ClC3BC4@C-c60c7GC33C31C5=C1pS2lS3osOSArAe2ENe@
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfVcqtclC3BC4@C-c60c7Gca9C31C5=c1pS2ls8fS3os86sOsAr3TrAEN
      GabrielQ, Jan 2, 2014

h0spyActive Member

“My starter
      http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/ClC3BC4@C-c60c7GC33C31C5=C1pS2lS3osOSArAe2ENe@”That bg, is somewhat amazing. I could honestly see that being competitive at limited level.
      h0spy, Jan 2, 2014
      GabrielQ likes this.​
    12. GutsaMember
      Gutsa, Jan 2, 2014

13. GabrielQWell-Known Member
      GabrielQ, Jan 2, 2014

14. davre22Member

Here is a quick UD starter deck
      davre22, Jan 3, 2014

KoredarNew Member
      Koredar, Jan 3, 2014

15. GabrielQWell-Known Member

“@GabrielQ: Thanks for that mate, as a returning UD player it was nice to have some idea of where to start and thankfully wasn't too expensive given I had most of those runes. =)

How would you go about updating/expanding that if I may ask?”There are a lot of ways to expand that depending on the runes you have access to, I would replace pinchusions with another harrasser like nightfall spider or minotaur sentry, deep elf summoners with deep elf infiltrators, assasins with another main beater like soulthirster (expensive), I would cut dwarfs in favor of another ranged unit like gloombringer or demonologist cut 1 price of victory and replace with purefire, replace the blade of the snake with mandate from sheoul and the hate leech with anything useful, maybe firelight gem to aid grimlic
      GabrielQ, Jan 3, 2014

16. AuthyrtyrActive Member

“There are a lot of ways to expand that depending on the runes you have access to, I would replace pinchusions with another harrasser like nightfall spider or minotaur sentry, deep elf summoners with deep elf infiltrators, assasins with another main beater like soulthirster (expensive), I would cut dwarfs in favor of another ranged unit like gloombringer or demonologist cut 1 price of victory and replace with purefire, replace the blade of the snake with mandate from sheoul and the hate leech with anything useful, maybe firelight gem to aid grimlic”If you're looking to expand a UD bg it really comes down to the fact that each runes serves a particular purpose and if you want to change it, you should probably use another rune that serves the same purpose. I recommend looking at Sep's UD Guide.
      Authyrtyr, Jan 3, 2014

17. narvoxxNew Member
      UD starter

It is true to the UD demon roots, and has a bunch of iconic UD runes: sacrefice, grimlic, deep elf fanatic, deep elf priestess, demon shield.
      It contains 16 runes from the first 5 expansions
      narvoxx, Jan 3, 2014
      Page 1 of 2

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Gedden, Jan 1, 2014.

Page 2 of 2
      < Prev12
      1. LordKahnNew Member
        UD has the pandemonium starter BG. Its realy good so just bring it back for new players.
        LordKahn, Jan 3, 2014

2. RasielCZNew Member
        Here is my take on the starter
        http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfVcqtclc3BC4@cy7C7Gc25chc5uC31c1ps2vS2ls3osOsAS1lr2rAENe2Ke1o
        I tried a couple games with it and it runs fine, only plain bad rune is nefari reaper, but there is nefari siphon to offset her nora ineffectiveness so its OK
        RasielCZ, Jan 6, 2014

3. badgeraleMember
        http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c5MCw=cuXC8Kc3VCfXC5yCfBcqqcqys3Vs5zs4@s2ls7ds3os1Fs86sOsAs70s4Ts1lrAe1U

Spider theme deck, I took the deck I would use (given the limitations) and removed the tricky to use spells (dark pact, mindslicer boomerang) and added extra champions (since I use less than most people).
        badgerale, Jan 9, 2014

4. MagnadragoNew Member
        http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C3BC4@C-c60C25C33C31c5=C3 s2qsyS2lsOSAS1lR3TrAEN
        Magnadrago, Feb 2, 2014
        Page 2 of