Next Set of Changes/Requests/Suggestions

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by MovnTarget, Aug 20, 2014.

1. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

The next patch is a few weeks of and will likely be dropping on September 8th. So we've got a little while to wait and try and figure out some suggestions.

Things to keep in mind.
    1. All I can do is make suggestions, where Gedden takes those suggestions is anyone's guess. That's how we ended up with our new Sand Spitter.
    2. I have a limited number of suggestions I can make in any given patch so providing a list with 20+ things you totally need to see changed to make something good is useless.

Ideally with this patch I'd like to see a restablishment of the Draksar theme. I'd love some thoughts from people on how this theme ought go, please don't just ask for violent back on everything. Gedden took it off and in every instance I've had trying to get something reverted *cough sandsnipe cough* he has shot it down.

Do people want it to go back to the phalanxy style? What key champs would need to be changed to push that? What kind of racial might help in that regard? Do people want to see Drakkies go in a different direction? Stuff like that.

Also if you feel that other themes need love (which they do, but again, limited number of suggested changes per patch) feel free to state them and if possible how you would go about giving love in only a few rune changes.

Please don't mention buffing Sandsnipe range all it will do is make me sad. Also don't ask about Birdman or Sandhunter for magic damage as those will also make me sad.

Woffleet likes this.
  2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Birdman Sandhunter magic damage.

How much would it cost to get an extra spd on Gunner? That's really the major thing bugging me at the moment. Draks as a whole are pretty much in the same (albeit kind of boring) place as before but lost a lot of their cool toys (Marauder nvr4gt). Bookburner could lose Violent, he needs the discount. Oh and please, stop slapping Disciple of the Scale on everything, nobody wants that. I nominate Drak Knight for the "wtf beezik?" buff of the patch.

hella edit : I hate buffing LEs as much as the next guy but Centurion needs something to do with it's AP. Or maybe 1-2. Whatever it's nothing major, he just feels so flat.

3. G_Ro91

G_Ro91 The King of Potatoes

This is some really great news. Been thinking about abandoning this game once my favorite theme was turned into the most boring theme where all upgrade paths (except 3-4 draksar, I believe) was changed to regen 1/2/3.

I definitely prefer the phalanx style that the draksar had before the revamp.

The order of the champions that I suggest are ordered in the way from most important to least important. Bullet points represent a different suggestion.

Blackscale Centurion: He kept his somewhat tanky role with good defense and high hp, but he doesn't bring anything to the table as far as defensive support.
    • He loses Protective: Draksar and:
      • Gains two of his abilities back from pre-vamp. Command: Block, Cast: Blood of the Dragon, Massive Leap, Drive.
      • Gains one ability from pre-vamp and gains 1-2 range.
    Removing Protective: Draksar will help prevent this champ from turning into a swiss army knife champ being a beater/tanker/supporter and will instead make him a tanker/support. Draksar are in need for some melee support since their biggest weakness is a rush.

Draksar Legionnaire: Probably one of my favorite art designs for a draksar, just all up in peoples business making sure the line is held... bringing me to my point...
    • Gains Hold the Line (nothing screams phalanx more than this ability)
    Hold the Line is one of my favorite abilities in the game and would be very beneficial in their defensive style and holding back a font rush. I understand that Hold the Line in a theme that is all about defense and tanks might be dangerous so any compensation necessary would be acceptable.

Draksar Lord: This may be my 6th suggestion for a change to this guy, and I will continue to do so until something happens. This guy is the prepubescent form of Akakios, and needs some attention! Akakios to gain race draksar maybe ;) That's a different thread...
    • Draksar Warcry. Hell, give him Draksar Warcry 1 for all I care.
    • Commander: Draksar
    • Camaraderie
    This champ has never been and at the rate he's going never will serve any function in a draksar bg. He got a 2 nora increase this last patch! Draksar need some kind of commander and what better unit to make this commanding officer than Draksar Lord. Any of these suggestions would be very welcomed in a Draksar bg.

Draksar Archer: It is well known that anytime you saw a Draksar Archer deployed, you knew that Rage Band was going to be equipped on him. So, I wouldn't worry about adding violence to him.
    • Nora decreased to 65-67
    • Gains Strike
    • Gains Precision
    Archers were crucial to any battalion before the introduction to black powder. I believe same thing goes for a phalanx bg. This will allow an effective range option for said build.

Draksar Foreman: Not as much a buff as much as he just needs to replace his useless ability, Camouflage
    • Replace Camouflage with:
      • Mobility
      • Hidden: Vegetation
    This one is simple. Camouflage is downright pointless on an elusive champ. This just needed to happen one way or another. I believe there are still quite a few champs like this in the same boat.

I know I'm not the most well know player or forum member in this community, but I've played draksar for about 5 years now and knew them really well, I believe, and have a good idea what changes would help there phalanx theme. I really hope one or two of these are considered.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't think their code would allow for one rank of Regen on base and another in an upgrade path. I can't think of a single champ that currently has it. That said, I agree with putting regen to base on some of the champs.

I would also like to see the shrine bonus allow champs with Regen 3 to get Regen 4. Make it so the font bonus is the only way to get it. That would fix the current bug with champs that have regen losing a rank when leaving the font too.

5. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

Get desert walker dropped to 2 - 4 nora then we can talk.

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Do you really think I'm unaware of its cost? Do you think I've not posted about it in most any pertinent thread in general or elsewhere?

I can only make suggestions. What Gedden ends up choosing to act on and what he chooses to ignore are out of my hands.

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Hey if they feel a Desert Walker discount would make Herder too powerful, they can always slap Combat Awareness on it.

Sirius, claydude5 and Dagda like this.
  8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

legionnaire's what i would focus if i wanted to power up draks.

and alt damage. preferably ranged magic BUT WE CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING

edit- it may be worth noting that it was my understanding that the whole "SL racial thing" was left intentionally unresolved, or in a halfway spot, so that they could get on with pushing the patch out

this wasn't explicitly said, although it *was* said that if the SL racial issue kept being a "thing" they'd just move on and let the SL thing get sorted out in future. might be worth pushing on that

9. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Can our avatar not have violent as a base ability and get a reduced cooldown on the knockback instead? 8 round CD is zzzzzz

10. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

Cancel those regeneration paths, put back some pre-revamp abilities, most of all on centurion,on DHM, on basilisk, on persecutor, on pope, on morph and on ardent. Ok they are quite all LEG, but now they're so meh atm, and they would be our aces. And ofc +1 speed on the gunner would be great

11. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

The problem with simply shoving everything back on is there are going to suddenly become extremely costly.

12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I like Razzoriels suggestions but i would like Draksar phalanx style to not affect all Draksar ability set. with that i mean draksars that are not meant to be teamplayers like Doomsayer, serpentors, etc. could loose violent and gain Adaptation(makes them more versatile and i would love to see the evolution-like style of this dragon-mutant-dudes to shine).

Need changes:
    Morph - too expensive, even if its what she should cost. On Mutants she is too expensive for what she does.. I would trade mutation for metamorph as upgrades and see what the cost becomes.
    Centurion - lacks everything.
    Basilisk
    Paradigm (needs a tone down, its still auto on Draksars and a great include outside them..)
    Ardent (boring)
    Archer (i dont want violent on them, but Heartstrike would be awesome, stat adjusted for that too)
    Charger (its a 2x2 champ with nothing special, could have break the line.)

I have tons of want-to-improve for nonchamps but those need more work and i dont think SL will get that much attention.

Thank you for trying movntarget

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So apparently the "top 5 issues for a faction" have now become "8 choices of runes to buff".
    Jeez.

14. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

List yours then.

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Did for the past 2 and a half years (or more, dont really care), you guys can do it now. I've retired.

16. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Also time to nerf Chickenwing and dare I say it, remove the 1 def from Half Skeez and buff general. There is no reason to use general right now and that is because of how good half skeez is compared the the asstrash that is general

17. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

We need a red recolor of Draksar Lord.
    Legionnaire, High Marshal, Consulate need something to make me pay ~80 nora for them.
    Add Sermon to something less Legendary if you can without gutting its range with no compensation (like poor Vitalize T.T).
    Draksar Marine is probably fine, but it's always odd to see Dive on a SL champ.

18. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

yeah u're right, but if we will do something as remove the rege path and put a new path with, for example on blackscale centurion, command:block, drive and rege 2 they won't become so costly, abd we can choose between good abilities

19. xCrimsonSkies

xCrimsonSkies New Member

-Draksar broodlings have regen in their second path, they are flying bombs they dont need regen.

-Relic guardian is a cool ability, imo, and more champs shoul have it, instead of regen for example.

-Oh and locust has pounce and leap .... why?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  20. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

Desert walker going down to 2 or 4 nora would sort out a few of our champs. Play with Skeezick Herder after that.

Try and sell it to Gedden. Tell him more champs in SL would become playable. Also it would promote the sand theme to be playable once again.

21. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Get Gedden to seek help.