No more global damage please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Oct 1, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'm sick of seeing tomes and unholy tombs change them to anything but global damage. Global damage will never be balanced because you can't put a price on an object that sits behind an enemies base and damages all your champs every turn.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Please elaborate.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Can't.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I was expecting to see complaints about Stillwater Mutant

DrSteve, hfok and PhdNiceGuy like this.
  5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Nah he will make a thread when he's in a game with that. But he's in this game atm. Trying to nerf opponents BG mid game is a new low.

[​IMG]

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Who the heck has the nora for that many relics?

SaintKiwi and Xirone like this.
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

This isn't true, lol. Most of the global damage that currently exist is fine balancewise. Some may even be a too weak like the non sonic greetings for example.

Sounds like you don't know how to play against global damage or just don't like it, that doesn't mean it's a balance issue. tome of hate and unholy tomb both currently suck.

TheBulwark likes this.
  8. super71

Ehh i actually won that game pretty easily, i am just tired of seeing global damage. It has caused nothing but bugs and problems in the game and has always been overpowered. When your opponent can place a relic behind his shrine and gain nora and do global damage every turn it makes for terrible game play. If you need a reference to this notice the old chopping block bgs.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Global damage has caused bugs? Virtually everything has caused bugs in this game, pretty much everything except global damage effects.

TeaScholar and TheBulwark like this.
  10. super71

Maybe i should be more specific i don't have a problem with all global abilities such as champs with a one time deploy effect, however i don't like when games come down to i could never reach that tome.

11. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Arctic Wail. Use that Bane Shift.

Glad to see you playing ST, probably taking over and keeping up with the edgy meta thanks to pilgrimage.

12. super71

I didn't know st ferren were meta at all.

13. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

To sum up:
    Nerf what i dont like playing against.

I hate playing against KF and all that bullshit range and cc.How about we nerf that?

TeaScholar and TheBulwark like this.
  14. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Well, I hate FW.

15. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Reason to hate KF: +1 speed
    Reason to hate FW: shenanigans
    Reason to hate IS: nothing dies... Ever

But global dmg is meh. Its annoying. But hey if thats all...

TheBulwark likes this.
  16. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

I was hoping to see complaints about Stillwater Mutant

BurnPyro likes this.
  17. super71

It can't really be countered that is my issue with it, few factions have access to a counter for it. When something can be placed behind your shrine and untouched but continue doing global damage to enemy units it's a problem. Most runes doing global damage are poor design choices and on most maps virtually untouchable unless the game is already won.

I wouldn't mind losing to it so much if it have a range on it or something, however it sitting behind my opponent shrine is kinda silly.

I also dislike k'thirs range but their are more counters too it, and if you think about it the max range an elf unit can get is 11 i believe. Tomb's range is the whole map along with generating nora. Tome + chopping blocks and tomb can do up to like 10 damage a turn global, stack that with things like festering wounds and you got some nonsense.

18. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Overload.That sl relic that has it.Backlash can kill tomb.Seism can also damage distant relics.
    On certain maps you can use aoes or long range to reach them.

19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I also dislike global damage because it is so brainless and has very limited counterplay

SaintKiwi and Anima26 like this.
  20. super71

You kinda lose all crediblity when you listed overload as a possible counter, one unit in the game has overload and one other unit has relic overload. On the majority of maps it's not really possible to hit with aoes or long range unless your opponent positioned them very poorly.