Office 365 (sharepoint) - any experience?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Jun 8, 2017.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm wondering if any of you have used, are using or planning to use Office 365, specifically Sharepoint (at the office)?

I'm interested to hear how it has changed things, the pro's and cons, basically everything about it that you want to share.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I administer Exchange on Office 365 for a large number of companies. As a user, I don't see any difference in Outlook, Word, or Excel. I rarely use Powerpoint, and never use Sharepoint.

3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Pro
    office 365 is kinda a must if you are going to use Sharepoint in a good way.
    you know what it will cost everyday, every month, and so will microsoft
    Users dont really know the difference if they have used the latest Office version

con
    crazy expensive
    you would probably need standalone exchange servers since office 365 dont allow certain things so if you got old functions you need extra echange servers, (so its kinda paying for double systems.) or ERP systems that require certain things from the mailservers.

the costs should be compensated in theory by removing alot of IT personal
    but my knowledge of office365 is atleast 1 year old, havent touched it in a year

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I'm using wps office, and I have to say, it really feels powerful for a freebie.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'm all in for Erotic Role Play!