Paragon of Ailur proprosed changed

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Gaedel, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Paragon of Ailur has been the lowest of the lows in this race of great cats. He never sees daylight, even now after the revamp. I would like to propose some changes to him that will not only bring him some needed love but also that will help bring Leoss more viability.

Flavor Text: "To extinguish a life is to ignore everything our kingdom was built on. Ailur is a nation of peace. We, as its protectors, must always remember this." - Paragon Roshan

This tells me he is not meant to be a damage dealer or enabler. He promotes peace and protection.

This is what he currently has:

Damage: 10
    Speed: 6
    Range: 1
    Defense: 1
    HP: 44

Base abilities: Attack: Physical, Soul Bond, Soul of Ailur
    Upgrade path 1: Grant: Reflexes, Grant: Mobility, Grant: Evasive
    Upgrade path 2: Train Damage, Train Defense, Train Mobility

Both upgrade paths are very similar, but neither of the six abilities are that great.

Here is what I propose:

Reduce the damage to 6, Range to 4-5.

Add to base:
    Merciful

Upgrade path 1: Favor, Council: Spells, Cleanse
    Upgrade path 2: Heal Mass (3), Heal Champion (3), Divine Favor (3)

Range 4-5 keeps him out of the trenches, which he should be. Merciful guarantees he will not extinguish life. I think the Favor and Council: Spells keeps him in line with his Paragon title. It also give Leoss a much needed nora discount somewhere. Leoss also lacks a Cleanse option. Path 2 keeps in line with his peaceful/protective flavor. Adjust nora cost appropriately.

Thoughts?

2. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

I believe he should still dish out some damage, maybe increase the damage to 8 or 9, because then even Priest of Valdac would play a better part. Merciful isn't a bad counter-act to what his job is. A support champion helps from the back line, while still providing assistance to his own. I do like the new Upgrade path and the proposed range change. Overall, not a bad change and I think Leoss could use a champion like this keeping them up.

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I like it. At the very least if it becomes and epic fail it can always be reverted. Gedden, bye the power in me as your vested spouse, I demand you make this happen. <3

4. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

this is a descent redesign for him but the spell based support from upgrade chain one just seems a bit off for his lore. as a side note his cost would jump about 10 points from the range increase and upgrade chain 2 despite merciful being added. overall tho I like it.

perhaps for chain 1... sustain unstoppable, cleanse, or aid defense

these just seem more monk master teacher abilities to me.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  5. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Well if Leoss Monk would be changed to a healer, that would make alot more sense. I do believe if Leoss are to become well known they need a decent source of cleanse and healing. The Druid's isn't too reliable since he's considered a fighting mage rather than an actual healer. Maybe if Leoss Monk some base stats, they could add Cleanse and Mass Heal 2,3 or Heal Champion 2,3.

6. sassquatch

no way man... leoss monk is one of the best support champs in IS currently or was when he could divert too. leave him as is tho.

7. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Leoss Monk provides Righteous Shield and Invigorate to Leoss, I'd rather he had a Heal/Cleanse ability rather than Righteous Shield in all honesty.

8. sassquatch

well both factions have access to cleansing aura and other champ based, equipment based, and spell based cleanse. paragon had heal mass 3 PreVamp but I think impart would make an interesting substitution for either monk in place of divert or paragon to replace anything. I like RS on monk tho.

9. Gaedel

I agree that I like Monk the way he is. Paragon, on the other hand, needs the ability to heal back, and an ability to cleanse is needed in Leoss. Even if this adds 10 points to his build it is much better than being useless.

10. Gaedel

Bump...

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Yea he need to be changed this is what my suggestion should be
    Range: 1

Base abilities: Attack: Physical, Soul of Ailur, Grant: Reflexes, Grant: Evasive
    Upgrade path 1: Soul Bound, Heal Mass 3, Divine favour 3
    He will cost between ~73-84
    @Gaedel what do you think? we could also change 2nd upgrade path

12. Gaedel

If we're going to keep one of the upgrade paths, I prefer:

Grant: Reflexes, Grant: Mobility, Grant: Evasive

But that's just me. Not sure if others would prefer the one you recommended. We can vote on it.
    I would love to make him a ranged unit so he can do more than just support.
    I was thinking about adding Merciful to base. It should lower his cost and keeps up with his flavor text. Merciful guarantees he will not personally extinguish life.

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Honestly i dont like merciful cause its really annoying and you need another champ to finish since we already got monk with that
    what about ponderous that will reduce by a lot and also allow both grants to be on base

It will be
    Range: 4-5

Base abilities: Attack: Physical, Soul of Ailur, Grant: Reflexes, Grant: Evasive, ponderous
    Upgrade path 1: Soul Bound, Heal Mass 3, Divine favour 3
    He will cost between ~74-86

14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Fool!

We have other option for heal/cleanse

15. Gaedel

That works for me. He will see action then!