PCR5 ~~ next balance patch.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Oct 16, 2014.

1. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

What do you guys think about arrowsinger? I really do love that rune, but I feel like she's too expensive. I would rather see her around 75n.

2. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

She's 76 if you take Burn 1 and Retreat 1.

3. TinyPickle

Burn 1 and horn of K'thir are the only abilitys i really like, and probebly most used (except for horn). I like to see some other supportive abilties on her besides archery bale and horn.

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I, too, think the loss of Sentry matters. With that said, I still think Fairy Flight makes the Fae more viable than before. Is there a minor and flavorful passive ability that Fairy Flight could give the Fae instead of Sentry 2? For example...

Fairy Flight (1 Nora)- This unit has Flying and Weary as long as it has 20 HP or more. If this unit loses Flying, it gains Defenseless.

5. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

If you run her in an archer deck there is no reason to run burn, Heart Strike is amazing however I see no reason to ever run freezing strike on her. I agree that other options would be nice on her besides Retreat2 and Freezing Strike but she is one of the few who really does have any options. As far as buffs go, there are a slew of KF runes who need to be buffed before Elven Archer and Arrowsinger. Though I know I am no expert, I feel these 2 champs are at the right power level for their cost.

Also I have to agree that I am not a fan of fairy flight in its current forum but I am in no position to pass judgement on how to make it useful. I can say my time spent playing faries has only taught me that I do no like the theme at all in its current forum (its just not fun) however Fae Enchatress outside of the theme is an excellent support and is fun to play in her new setup.

6. TinyPickle

I have to say even though they have Fairy flight they are quite playable until you're below 20 hp. The problem I'm facing mainly is when the enemy gets close at certain point, it's hard to recover if 2 or more of your fairy's are killed.
    What I miss is more knockback abilities, mainly because use prismatic crystals alot. Fairy dust spell is nice, but it's too expensive for what it does. Also some people say theire damage is low. Well this does not have to be true, because I can tell you they can do nice damage with sunder + magic and other buff. Ofcourse it needs time but that's why stalling is important.

I would really like to see the abilities knockback/thrust and stalling on fairy's. Things like improve dmg etc are always welcome.

I'm not saying she's terrible or something, I would just like to her get refined abit. Major changes would either fck her up or make her OP. As for her abilities, I would choose heart strike as last. Burn is good for if they want to stealth, and freezing strike is nice to slow down an enemy. Retreat should be removed, I dislike rank abilities in one path, specially the useless ones.

7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

All I want regarding Bowmage is that he keeps Imbue Stun while being true to both his archer and his wizard side.

8. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

Comments in green

9. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I concur with a fix to Fairy Flight.

Look at the Math:

Flight (6) = Flying (3) + Sentry 2 (3) = +6

CURRENT: Fairy Flight (1) = Flying (3) + Defensless (-7) = -4 ==> Half that since they are not both always active. = -2
    NEW: Fairy Flight (1) = Flying (1.5) + Defensless (-3.5) + Sentry 2 (3) = +1

If you don't want to change it to Flight instead of Flying, a 2 - 3 nora cost reduction would at least compensate for the loss of Sentry 2.

Other Changes
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Recost Anthomancy (+8)
    As it stands it offers 6 rune reveals for 8 nora. Scry 1 & 2 are 1 nora per reveal. Why is Antromancy 6 for 8 nora?

Recost Fairy Dust (+12)
    It has been mentioned before that this ability is way overcosted.

Recosting Abilities that Exist on 1 or 2 runes only make sense since the results are predictable.

EDIT: Wrong ability keyword (Helpless) was used, meant Defenseless. The nora cost was always correct though.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

2 things wrong with this
    1. its only defenceless -champion take 30% from melee damage
    2. give helpless means your making it more vulnurable by giving easy target and defenceless
    easy target - champion takes 30% more damage from range
    WE don't need more vulnubilities

11. Daerthalus

Sorry chicken that was never my point. I meant Defenseless, just used the wrong word. The nora cost associated was correct though. Defenseless is -7 nora.

Upon further thought I'd prefer Fairy Flight be changed to this:

Fairy Flight (+1): Champion gains Flying, Reflexes 1. While below 20 HP this champs loses Flying and gains Defenseless.

(Flying (3) + Defenseless (-7))/2 + Reflexes (3) = +1

Thematically it works since hitting a little agile fairy flittering around in melee isn't easy.

I suppose we could swap in Evasive 1 instead if people don't like Reflexes.

12. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

If we're going to discuss changing Fragile Flight, I'll copy over an iteration of my previous suggestion for the Fae version of Flight:

Fragile Flight [1N] - (consider renaming "Gossamer Wings" )
    Has Flying, Lumbering and Retreat 1
    Gains Sentry 2 while Flying
    Becomes Grounded 2 when damaged by a successful melee attack

Fairies ignore Lumbering until they are successfully damaged by a melee attack. At that point, they disengage 1 square, but the minimum required AP for retreating to attack range is 5-7 (melee). Fairies are diminutive creatures, thus (successfully) smacking them (for damage) with a normal-sized weapon is akin to swatting them. This knocks them to the ground where their tiny bodies can't run very quickly. Retreat 1 supports the expected philosophy that a Fairy's ability to escape is a basic survival instinct. It's not as strong as Mobility given that it can only be used once per round, but it prevents melee rushes from overwhelming Fairies with the new Grounding mechanic. I previously suggested Sentry 3 while Flying, but Sentry 2 is plenty now that Mystic Push is on Fae Enchantress.

For those interested in the math:
    • Flying = 3N
    • Lumbering = -20N (-6N or ~33% value)
    • Retreat 1 = 3N
    • Sentry 2 = 3N (2N or 66% value)
    • Grounded 2 = at least -1N
    3 -6 +3 +2 -1 = 1N

13. TinyPickle

What about evasive 1 when they have flying, and reflexes 1 when they are below 20 hp?

14. Entrepidus

This line of thought is redundant as Fae Enchantress and Moonlit Fae (which also has Numerous) already have access to Evasive while Reflexes 1 (-20% Melee) would be paired with Defenseless (+30% Melee). I'd rather we add Evasive to upgrade paths for various Fairies (where appropriate) and take a different path with Fragile Flight.

15. TinyPickle

Or we could add shroud on 1 champ. Atleast NO lumbering on a fairy. I don't know if you play them or not, but once they lost flying they are almost 90% of the time dead. And you what to add lumbering too that? No way dude.

16. chickenpox2

i prefer defenceless than lumbering
    it does not give enough movement for reteat and heal

17. Entrepidus

See the thread I created for Fairies, specifically. I have plenty of experience playing Fairies and I'm actively playing them after this recent patch so that I can obtain an informed opinion.

Retreat and heal? What are you talking about? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

18. chickenpox2

I mean when a fairy has less than 20 hp lumbering would be a problem if you want to move back and get some healing from nectar fairy

19. Daerthalus

I'm a fan of this as well.

I think the first step is to get our Council to admit that Fairy Flight is not okay the way it is currently priced. If they decide that they want to keep Fairy Flight at +1 nora cost, then we at least have somewhere to work from. As it stands, Fairy Flight could be anywhere between -4 nora and +10 depending on what you want it to give.

I think Encouraged (+4 nora) would be an interesting Fairy Theme Ability too. (this isn't in relation to Fairy Flight though).

20. TinyPickle

Encouraged might be too much (maybe on one champ). But with bullseyes and magic amp it might get too strong.

Abilities that also look nice on fairy's:
    - stall
    - force barrier (i didnt like it at first, but it proved me to be usefull many times)
    - ensnare like ability / root / bindig chains (too stall enemys)/hinder movement
    - knockback / thrust (works very good with pris crystal)
    - trickster (as an source to make an escape and set up a suprise element)
    - stun/knockout
    - blind