PCR5 ~~ next balance patch.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Oct 16, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I still don't get it is fairy flight supposed to be a theme-wide buff?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  2. chickenpox2

I just came with cool idea
    KF
    Fairy trickery
    Spell
    Nora 25
    Target opposing champion looses flight and gains fairy flight. Closest Freindly fairy champion looses Fairy flight and gains flight till the affected champions dies.

3. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

@chickenpox2, @TinyPickle

Just to clarify, Flying grants immunity to Lumbering unless Grounded. In my version of Fragile Flight (or Gossamer Wings), the 20hp stipulation doesn't exist. They only lose Flying when successfully damaged by a melee attack at which point they become Grounded 2 and are subject to Lumbering. Because Grounded can be cleansed, there are situations where you can quickly recover by cleansing your Grounded Fairy(ies) and backing up with Retreat 1.

4. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

So if a fairy is 'grounded' (by just one melee hit) it gets lumbering? Hmm, yeah you could cleanse it, of give if flying again (butterfly wings spell), but I can imagine that I'm in a situation where I'm getting 1 hit every turn. Which means it will be impossible to cleanse every turn. Fairy's need to build up, if the enemy decides to rush, it's more or less done for. With 'fragile flight' you atleast need to be hit twice before you lose flying and use charm or something similair to escape.

I have to say that I'm still opposed against the lumbering idea. But keep the ideas coming.

5. Entrepidus

This is where abilities like Charm, Fairy Dust, Force Barrier, Mental Net, Trickster etc come into play. They rush up, knock a Fairy down and you respond by locking down the attacker while you reposition. That actually reminds me, I also had the following idea for changing the spell, Fairy Dust, to support this playstyle:

Fairy Dust [35N] - Target champion gains Wandering 5. Champions within 2 lose Grounded and affected Fairies gain 1 AP.

6. chickenpox2

I would not use fairy dust on my champion i rather use escape magic

AND I DO SUE ME!

7. Entrepidus

Look a lil' more closely. The target of the spell gains Wandering while champions within 2 of the target lose Grounded. So if someone rushes up to bash your Fairy, you give it Wandering and that Fairy loses Grounded along with any other Fairies within the range. They all gain 1 AP to boot!

Woffleet likes this.
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Nerf Deadly Tracker

9. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

A suggestion, since I know Chris and Karma use it.

The ability Soften is extremely great. I've seen Chris and Karma get champs down to -8 def. Could we perhaps get a set number on how low you can go. I was thinking -2 as low as possible. Cause the whole idea of a -8 def champ getting 2 rounded really just bugs me.

I know it takes a lot of synergy and that stuff but I just feel the concept of the idea is broken.

especially when the bg has all sorts of buff implements

10. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I was reading the FW PCR5 change sheet and it gave me an idea. What if for the buff other than Bowmage, we Buffed Queen Anaru into a hero? She could be a beast themed hero with boost beast 3 and drive or something. Maybe even remove her basic attack all together and make her a beast support hero since she does come with a Lerper already. Maybe even something like Command:Charge since she looks like she is commanding in her picture. Or what if we removed the pet ability all together and gave her a summon ability instead? Just some random ideas.

EDIT: Since she is a Queen, Majestic would also be nice and flavorful.

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Sadly I think this patch is going to be focused on toning down Elves.
    Champions like:
    Elven Strategist
    Elven Bard
    Falconer
    Deadly Tracker

I also want to get an Elite Blade buff in there somewhere so at least it wont be all bad.

12. Entrepidus

A lesser version of me might grab a chair, stand upon it and shout "Fuuuuu!" in your face, but I have to ask, why does this bother? (Other than, "cuz broke OP!"). Would you also expect a maximum DEF cap to compensate for this? While we're at it, why not a maximum DMG and minimum SPD? Do you see where I'm going with this? This change significantly devalues abilities that decrease DEF without a solid reason for doing so. Fairies would receive an ugly kick to the face with this change. I am firmly opposed without a lil' more of an explanation from you.

13. Entrepidus

Slip in a buff to Bowmage and an adjustment to Fragile Flight, and I don't think this would upset too many. The sooner we tone down outliers, the sooner we can get to improving inefficient runes :)

14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Well I think he's trying to say Defense Mitigation is easy to come by and in turn is easily stackable. In or out of Fae.

15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

What would people want buffed?
    Elite Blade
    or
    Bowmage?

16. splitstax

splitstax Well-Known Member

Bowmage

Also, I think toning down elves is good, but also tone up some of them that are not used at all, like Epochal Sage, Anaru, Ranger, Wilderkin. Just fix these and Bowmage and nerf the others in the thread and be done with the Elves for a while.

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I think we're back to only 5 changes per PCR.

18. chickenpox2

what about falconer what changes are we going to give him?

19. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I too would like a change to Fragil Flight.

Could you also look at Dragonbark on the Dragonbark Protector.

Fiery Death (20 nora) does an global 10 fire damage, and respawns the Firemaw after 2 rounds (4 turns).
    Dragonbark (20 nora) wastes 4 turns of your champ stuck as a relic, and respawns the Dragon after 4 turns (2 rounds); with no other special effect on death. I don't know what cost it should be, but if the ability is worth nora there should be no turning into a relic on deploy. Most people would consider that ability as more of a penalty not than a bonus. Would also de interesting if relic has Forest Walker for Flavor.

Nonetheless, if we are limited to 5, I assume all these things will need to wait....5 changes is simply not enough to fix things in a timely manner. Unless the PCRs are monthly.

Entrepidus and Xirone like this.
  20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

By adjust you mean add sentry into FF description? or?