Player Council: Ash the Bandit Prince

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by splitstax, Sep 29, 2014.

1. splitstax

splitstax Well-Known Member

Since split faction players like myself do not have a player rep, I thought I offer some suggestions for revamping split runes to improve play.

Ash is good, but his pariah ability does not make sense. His whole existence is around the Robin Hood idea, yet he gains Pariah so that his followers can not help him? That seems counter productive. So remove Pariah and change Marauder to: "Target champion within 2 spaces gains Banditry and Pilfer. If champion is the same race as this one, it also gains Cooperation. These can not be cleansed. This ability is removed after 2 uses." Also, give Ash Coopertation and reset his nora cost to 105, which is +3 for Cooperation and +38 for Marauder (+6 for Banditry, +3 for Cooperation, +10 for Pilfer, all x2).

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Look, this suggestion is really bad, and I mean really.

First, Ash is a split hero just because he deploys other two champions with him, that's Ash, the rest are just additionals that work to give him his robin hood feel. Now, when yo realize this, you'll understand that pariah is there to avoid contless shaenanigans that can and were done with the champion with the most powerful on deploy effect of the game, incluying blink, sacrifice, reanimate, etc.
    So, you'd be turning ash into something that has nothing to do with his original self and that is severely overcosted at doing that, because your proposed version of marauder would be a crazy sandbag.

Also, you make no mention on how is this change supposed to help the champion or enable a theme at all, and it's not like ash doesn't have a split or synergy between UD and KF to work with.

3. splitstax

What you say is right. I should have thought about that, but it is an easy fix to avoid the sand bag: "Target champion within 2 spaces gains Banditry and Pilfer. If champion is the same race as this one, it also gains Cooperation. These can not be cleansed. This ability is removed if Ash is removed from play."

4. GabrielQ

nvm, you are either too ignorant or a troll.

5. splitstax

I am neither. You are obviously not getting the point or not thinking through the mechanic, which is sometimes typical of you when you offer your own insights (like the tortun revamp that was not accepted). Ash would no longer have free meat. He would have a variation of a sustain ability for 1 champ allowing him to produce more nora gen and a defensive mech that helps keep opposing champs off the field.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  6. GabrielQ

Do you realize that I'm the FS council member now?

darklord48 and Kristian Skjold like this.
  7. splitstax

Yep.

I also realize that some of your suggestions are good and some poor. But to call someone ignorant or a troll when you do not even know him or her makes your credibility fall. You pointed out a flaw in my suggestion (Great, I genuinely thank you because I should have thought about that.) But the new mechanic I offered still works for him and removes a poor ability (Pariah) that was strapped on him only because he came with free meat and his cost was too high brought about by the revamp.

Do not be arrogant and so flippant with your comments. Your player council position could have been given a number of people who are more qualified than you.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

This still is a bad idea.