Playtesting Dragons

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Sirius, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I suspect Drakewing Swarm is way too cheap for what it is. I would suggest making it more expensive and adding Swarm back (and possibly removing the clause that says it counts as 3 champs from Numerous). BUT I don't know for sure yet! The BG started from the idea that Drakewing Swarm is very hard to damage by ranged attacks and adding Tainted Statues to the bg discourages AoE killing it (as well as countering those people who might be spamming spells now that they remained at the previous powerlevel while champs were nerfed).

[​IMG]

Varu Howler is a 56 cost Dragon with Detection, Horrific Howl and Sonic Aura, which makes it really good in my eyes! Summon Dragons and Transmission relay reveal my deck fast, as well as helping with the rushy aspect and recycling dragons respectively. Seeing as how Howler, Drakewing and Skywing Rumbler are all cheap and good, Transmission relay is quite awesome. Rageband is there because damage and speed, DGS is there for non-spell cleanse source (incidentally, Purge seems less needed nowadays). Kanen Scavenger is awesome with Nora globes and it is a Perseverance counter (gave up Hive for it).

Since Acidcraw is pretty good and amps acid, I added Acid Storm and chose Acid Trap as "protection" (rather than say...Target Dummy) as well as including Skeezick Alchemist. Skez. Alchemist is also there for the Action Potion in the upgrades. It really sucks that Broodqueen lost Invigorate, it was THE ability to use it for.

Will be posting thoughts and changes as I play.

EDIT: Drink Action Potion (granted as an ability by Sk. Alchemist) does not go away after 1 use. Not sure if WAI.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

*waits for somebody to realise maulers are OP and starts using them*

3. Sirius

That's a good point. I even saw them used against me. I guess I simply ignored them as a possibility because I've disliked them since forever, but I think I'm making room for them.

4. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

sibling is too good. just watch out for spot removal spells. or bait it out with the maulers and follow it up with something else they would of wanted to blink etc.

5. greenman13

greenman13 The King of Potatoes

dragons honestly need to be nerfed add a relay and nothing but swarm abilities because most of them have swarm 2 and boom all of them have 30+ damage in 3-4 turns like seriously they need to take care of this soon

6. Sirius

Not Swarm, but Surge 2. I intend to post my findings later. My conclusions include something similar to what you're saying, but the overall 'SL dragon theme' feels a bit strange. More on this later.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  7. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I use maulers and Scapegoat on, say, The Doctor or Flame Dragoleech. It's pretty great

Oh and, Slum Market is back in. Free attacks and, more importantly, Strike against all the high defense / defender units makes Slum Market the best market.

Not that that ever changed. :p