Possibility of bring back the rune bases?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moiser Hunter, Mar 6, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I actually like them without the bases for the most part as I feel it's more immersive.

The bases did make it feel more like a tabletop game.

I'm of the opinion that this would be very low on the totem pole of issues to look at.

2. SANTodeGA

SANTodeGA New Member

True story (lowest of lows). For what is worth i would like to see the bases back (toggle on/off or otherwise).

3. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

It would require a good way to display the health bars together with the bases.

4. Neksis

Neksis The King of Potatoes

I always hated the bases and was glad to see them go.
    But, I'd totally be cool with a toggle for the people who want to see them again.

5. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Health bar on the side maybe?

6. SANTodeGA

SANTodeGA New Member

How about the health bar is itself the rune base? So it breaks down (with various effects for each of the factions) or comes together again as the champ is hit/healed. As for it being a tremendous ammount of work or not in terms of programming or otherwise, honestly i don't think it has to be implemented at once (or that it would be). It could go slow and steady until BAM you get multiple effect faction customized breakdown regenerating toggle on/off rune bases. But back to reality i seriously doubt the new / former octopians will even consider any distraction, when big issues of game balance/rune design are in the air.

7. Dantezz

Dantezz Member

hmm.. no

8. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

You remember what bases look like?

TinyDragon vs ninkobei part 1:
    TinyDragon vs ninkobei part 2:

9. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

A
    TinyDragon vs ninkobei part 1:
    TinyDragon vs ninkobei part 2: [/quote]
    Didn't have to go back that far for the bases but yes I love them and I use to love how when you played 2v2 all the bases were a different color and of 2x2 champs just look better to me