Pox the Nora-ing (M:tG thread)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by st3ck, Jul 3, 2016.

1. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I couldn't find one to post in, so I'm making a new one.

Kind of excited for the Eldritch Moon pre-release, as I'm in one of the on again Magic years. What with Innistrad, and Eternal Masters, packs were good this year.

Anyone else? Standard, Legacy, Kitchen Table, Commander, pauper, etc?

@Sokolov Do you still have that Holo Mind Sculptor?

2. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I play on cocatrice once in a while but mostly watch commentary, vintage and legacy events are fun most of the time.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

A couple friends are super deep in -- Standard, Modern, and Legacy -- but I've been fringe for a while. New set looks cool, though!

4. st3ck

Yet to try out cocatrice, would I be able to play miracles without paying $2k?

One of us, one of us, one of us...
    Try a pre-release event, you build your deck out of 6 packs and a random rare/mythic holo. You can also change your deck with any of the cards in your 6 packs as part of your sideboard, 40 card deck, best of 3, fairly casual, not very competitve.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh, I know how to play; I started over half of Magic's lifetime ago. Played Legacy somewhat seriously for a while, and have kicked around standard decks for ages. MtG just takes a fair bit of time and money is all.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What?

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Oh hey Magic thread.

SOI was dope and Eldritch looks decent so far but can't say I'm a huge fan of this Meld nonsense. It's the YGOest of the YGOs.

Totally unrelated news, I actually bought cards this year and played RL Magic with a friend that wanted to learn. First time I touched physical cards in over 15 years. Shuffling sucks.

aseryen likes this.
  8. st3ck

That it definitely does, mtg is best in spurts. Else it's crack.
    I have some vague memory of talking to a green (might have been crupz, thought it was you). In which I was told about the office draft and how someone pull d a holo mind sculptor. This was back when pox was out of Phoenix, and crupz was lead. Could have sworn it was you.
    welcome back to the dark side.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

A bit old school but I dug this up...
    [​IMG]

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I played from Revised through Urza's Saga.

11. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Lately I've been playing most Saturdays. Modern is what I build for because I want to play what I want to play -- not whatever happened to be in the last few expansions. It should only take one guess to determine what my main deck is... :D

12. Gaverion

yeah it is free, less competitive than mtgo and rules are done manually but free

13. st3ck

I'm hoping you play a Leaf Crowned Elder treefolk deck. B/W/G would be epic if I got the first part right. I like modern, but I've found I sell my chase cards to fuel new packs, which leaves me in standard most of the time "competively", and kitchen table with friends for "modern".

All amazing things, will definitely have to check it out.

@darklord48 Still have any cards?

Gorebucket likes this.
  14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I've got around 750 cards plus a complete set of Weatherlight. I sold of some key cards and made over $800.

15. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Yup. G/B/W Treefolk. I don't buy packs usually. Prefer to order specific cards. But I don't do standard so that makes sense...

16. Gaverion

watching the VSL atm anyone else watch?

st3ck likes this.
  17. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

I've been playing a fair amount since starting my MSc. Go to FNM's as often as I can manage, and greatly enjoying it. Picked up Commander while there, which I highly recommend trying if you've never played it.

Also, enjoying the Magic Story a lot, especially the most recent one. Team Nahiri anyone?

st3ck likes this.
  18. st3ck

Nahiri for sure. I haven't been up to date on the magic story but I did manage to scoop a holo during prerelease for SOI.
    (I know she summoned tentamomracruel, and Lili joined the gatewatch and stuff, but no specifics)

I've played Commander a few times, its essentially the Risk format of MTG. While I love manipulating people, I often piss them off. And if it's my close friends, they get really mad. But I do enjoy it, just haven't ever constructed a deck, and the task seems somewhat daunting. Copy pasta of course, but meh.

I'm currently getting (back) into Legacy and tuning out a Miracles deck (U/W/R), which is proving to satiate my desire to see my opponents defeated in more ways than one.

19. Gaverion

vsl has become my tuesday night ritual

20. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

I know the thread's sunk a bit, but figured I'd link my newest Standard offering, see what you guys think about it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/emerias-grace/

Fun fact, it's my first attempt at a side board.

Edit - My idea with the sideboard is that I can switch into a much more enchantment-control heavy deck against something meant to run the long game. Hallowed Moonlight is there to mess up Collected Company.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016