Preview: Player Made Expansion Sketches 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yes, they should not be cliffable via KB.

SireofSuns likes this.
  2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Hmm. Is there any intent on ever going back to KB cliffing? I'm fine with it not, but I was wondering if (in the far, far, future) maybe Chasm spaces could increase knockback damage (like, +5 to the total?). That way it's still very dangerous to go near cliffs, you just don't get auto killed. Or maybe it would stun them, or something.

I guess I just kinda miss things falling into Chasms. I'd like to see something regularly happen in interactions with Chasms that's unique to it as a terrain.

Has anything like that been discussed already? (if so, I'm waaaay behind on it)

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

The only thing I didn't/don't like about chasming killing a champ is the whole cheap Possess/Cliff Dive thing. KB I was totally cool with, it even had the AP mechanic in there so it felt balanced, I guess.

19madfox95 likes this.
  4. Sokolov

It's possible the mechanic might change, but I want to expand KB a bit and see where it lands before doing that.

SireofSuns likes this.
  5. Sokolov

Yea, I wouldn't say it was unbalanced but I'd say it was one of those cases where it functionally never happened against good players and punished weaker players, but design wise still had to be accounted in costing/designing KB mechanics.

In some ways you could argue that once the AP thing is fixed, that KB will be more consistently useful - we'll also see what happens when I expand KB sources in the future.

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Ithappened against good players it was usually just expensive or combo'd

For example a double gale against some heavily invested in was a rare but possible answer to something that you just couldn't deal with or the more common swap into gale on a 0 ap champ

It's never a good trade value wise but when you are facing some weird ass 11 Def champ with evaise and 30 power sometimes it's just better to cliff Bane Shift.

Sadly that is no more

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Double Gale in that scenario would do 12 + 30 KB damage (once AP thing is fixed) now, so that's fairly close to cliffing anyway.

8. calisk

Sir you greatly underestimate my galing ability and I take offense to that.

Pistols at dawn

It would be 72 damage minimun if required and in this scenario I get the nora globe.

But the simplicity of monster down hole can never be compared to the myriad of ways to avoid death via damage. To stick to the super champ example that monster is guaranteed to have a healing hands on it

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i mean, if your opponent is ******** you can get 72 damage i guess.

10. calisk

Ya...it's not that easy to avoid especially since we are assuming they are already next to the hole