psychic or firk

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Atherhog, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I'm going to play one if these, which is the best do you think?

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Psychic > Firk.

3. Atherhog

4. doubtofbuddha

That is almost completely different from what I would build with psychics. What are you going for with it? Why not lay down why you picked the champs you did?

5. Atherhog

Ok,

Siphon - there for distract (and I haven't used him yet)
    Psion - Backlash and range - does it still link with soultap?
    Botanist - Cleansing aura I always like and I thought enduring aura would offer some extra survivability
    Executor - dmg buff
    Mind Shredder - OP goodness
    Void mage - nice range and positioning control
    Extispicer - Zoom to target, kill target
    Neuromancer - looks pretty solid. Mindwipe, magnetism and jab
    Stillwater - looks like he could hold the frontline ok

6. doubtofbuddha

It does not. Psion is the big weak link I think. I don't like Void Mage anymore, with the steady stream of nerds, but I admit that it is possible he is still decent.

Other strong champs you should consider:
    Jellebrium Mindbender - Psychic Aura 3 and Psychic Catalyst are potent
    Firk Diplomat - Similar functionality as the Neuromancer but has additional cc (stall) and slightly higher threat range (multiattack)
    Firk Mindcaller - I like to run one with two extispicers, as I think it is important to have 3+ sources of psychic anguish
    Firk Paraform - Cheap beater that provides you with additional options for damage types.
    Coral Creeper - cheap ranged that also provides additional healing
    Firk Mindbreaker - Expensive but can do a lot of damage with amp

IMAGIRL likes this.
  7. Atherhog

8. doubtofbuddha

Champ lineup is fine. I would make slightly different choices, but it should work well enough.

For non-champs I would add in a second psychic blast for sure and also PHS and/or font eruption. Like you are running way too many equips. This isn't a salaman bg!

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I play Psy Firk an do alright, but I feel they're better off it you run them with Soultap in mind. It's not uncommon to get 6-12 extra nora a round. Note that I've yet to complete an test a fully fleshed out Soultap Psy so take my words with a grain of salt. It's just the feeling that I've gotten from them when playing full Firk Psy, they feel like they're missing something.

@Leadrz Runs a Psy mix, and is quite competent with them. This is his old bg. I'm sure it's been updated by now. I can attest to the potency of this bg.