Punish and ensnare

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chris0024, Oct 1, 2015.

1. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I just played against a skeez that has both. I thought this was never to be put on a champ at the same time. You remember that whole fiasco with KF having access to it? Why then is it on a champ that has a longer range and greater damage potential?

2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

SL players will argue that now it has 6 base damage(despite surge). As for myself I never liked ranged entangling attack to be honest. But it's a dangerous quest to even dare trying to convince some people that it may be too much.

Leadrz and Goyo like this.
  3. chris0024

the dmg really isn't the issue, even though he can get up to 12-16 dmg easily, the problem is the lockdown. Tha coupled with his range and he can easily kite all day.

Goyo likes this.
  4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I see your point and totally agree with it, but I'm not the one you have to convince bro.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's got no defense and 40ish hp. It's actually got those abilities to up it's cost, because believe me, I'd prefer it to be cheaper.

Netter can shut down your melee, but the cases where a netter dominates are so incredibly rare, he's hardly an issue.

Goyo likes this.
  6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It doesn't change the fact it's design is extremely annoying to deal with, and not particularly fun to play with.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

As I said, feel free to remove said abilities and their nora costs.

Goyo likes this.
  8. chris0024

You remember when the snakedancer had this right? and the issues that came with that? The elf had about the same stats but came with a poison dot and less range and people raged. Granted, back then ensnared meant you couldn't move lol, but still, I could lock down a reaver no problem.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You mean evasive 3 on a champ with decent stats?

Totally the same

10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

elven taskmaster currently has 1-2 range, entangling attack, and hit & run. kite for days. vs. a melee champ it's gg

11. chris0024

Cmon, are you guys serious? You can throw out these stats as if that is the problem and deflect all you want, but the fact remains that punish and ensnare are an issue when they are together.

12. chris0024

Why are you responding with an ability now? You said stats but never mentioned abilities but now you want to as if I was the one that said it in the first place. The stats are not the issue here as I have said before. Do you agree or not that punish and ensnare should not be on the same champ? Punish alone is annoying enough already on a ranged champ, which is why it was taken off the witch, but coupled with ensnare it is an amazing lockdown champ that could dominate any 1v1 situation.

13. chris0024

I suppose the range on the skeez doesn't come into play here huh?

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Its on a super glass canon champ vs being on a champ that had pretty decent survivability. Don't make the comparison if you don't want it to be proven wrong.

Netter is not a problem unless you're doing a pure 1v1 with a melee with no gap closers or anti range. In which case, a lot more champs are equally or more obnoxious in the 1v1s.

tldr netter is fine, you're bad

Goyo likes this.
  15. chris0024

Ok first you didn't answer my question. Second, I've mentioned this many many many times that the stats are not the issue. You were the one that compared the stats, not me. I am talking about these two abilities combined being a problem before and it being nerfed before because they were together on one champ. If you can't see the problem with having punish and ensnare on a 3-5 champ that has surge then I don't know what else to tell you. You keep dancing around this and the fact that you have to insult me now as well tells me you have no argument. This is not an attack on SL, this thread has always been about the abilities. That is it.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'll have to spell it out for you since you are too dense to make the connection, so here we go

1. Hey Burn, is punish + entangle too strong?
    2. Netter is fine
    3. therefore = punish + entagle can be fine if the champ concept remains balanced (as is the case with a thousand combinations)
    Your homework for next time: don't get butthurt about nerfs from the past, and definitely don't try to compare them to champs of the present.

Class dismissed.

17. chris0024

So you saying netter is fine disproves any claims against it? lol ok. No matter how you try to spin this, those 2 abilities are not fine with a champ that has 3-5 range. Maybe in today's meta it would be acceptable on a melee champ or even a 1-2 champ. That would be a balanced champ. As far as being butthurt over past nerfs, that's neither here or there. The logic behind bringing that up was that it was a problem in the past on a melee champ, I do not believe the game has progressed to the point where it is acceptable now on a ranged champ, even if that champ has 6 dmg.

18. chris0024

So 3-5 range with punish and ensnare is not a form of defense?

19. chris0024

I am by no means a new player or bad one, i am also not a top player :(, but it is pretty clear to that the amount of nora I would have to spend to beat this champ, whether it's through positioning, spells, a second champ, would definitely be in the SL player's favor. This is the last post I will make on this and it would be great to hear from a top player that does not have most of their points in SL.

20. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

What has punish and snare and how did that happen? Is SL OP? Should I rank again?

Anima26 likes this.
  21. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I don't think this champ is worth complaining about especially after the latest round of skeezick nerfs, they got destroyed.