QoL on New client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Agirgis1, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Also commonly referred to as petty problem that will eventually drive me insane.

1. When you chat, you can't just keep typing, you have to press the chat again; with your mouse.

2. Pretty sure A used to attack.

3. I can't chat when I'm in queue, frankly, I can't do anything when I'm in que. Which is rather unfortunate considering average que time can be rather long. ( So long in fact, I have many times simply forgot I was qued at all.)

4. When choosing to observe players, you can no longer see what factions they are currently making look horrible, rather only the platform which is being used.

5. Why do only the avaters have the old chess piece design? what do all my champions look like they are floating or flying in the new client?

6. I keep clicking A, think clients giving me a stroke

7. The big very visible numbers, very annoying. ( almost condescending even)

8. The spell animations don't always show up in the right spot. Some of them are even significantly more ugly.

9. Engaged is a passive ability now? Can I cleanse/dispel it? (Apparently so is fatigued). I get this is for the new players, but this sort of messes with oldschool mechanic rules. ( and generally pretending to understand said mechanics.)

10. This really annoys me. Mostly because I don't know why it shows me location (x,y). Are we gonna start playing poxnora blindfolded while someone yells coords?

Annoying.png

11. That's one annoying arrow.

Stop.png

12. Pretty sure this belongs in combat log, not trash talk central
    trashtalk.png

13. There is something oddly slow when playing the PC version, I can't really place my finger on it honestly, I wanna say unresponsive, but it responds. Very reluctantly.

14. Guys A used to attack right? right?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Tweek516, newsbuff and xaznsoulx like this.
  2. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Nah, 'A' has never been hot-keyed as a shortcut for attacking, in either the old client or the new client. Honestly, I can't see how such a thing would ever be useful in the first place.

Most cities have some form of a counseling center, maybe you should try one of those.

3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Listen Doc, I don't want your advice or assistance. Unless it comes in the form of reality destroying, mind blowing, life ruinningly effective pills.

Then ye sign me up

4. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

1. Chat is pretty difficult atm and there have been many complaints about it, I think (hope ?) the devs are aware of the chat associated problems by now. Some of it has to do with Sony though, e.g. PSN players aren't allowed to engage in text chat.

2. Que times are so long. Rank reset can not come soon enough.

3. Not being able to see factions being played has also been complained about frequently. Not sure if devs confirmed that will be changed.

4. Many animations are buggy, with some not showing up at all (Impervious, Red Sand, etc.). I've been playing with head phones in so I can at least hear the sound effects when something is cast and then I can look in the combat log (which is currently worse than the one from the old client)

5. I kind of like the 'Location' tool tip, but mostly because of the terrain information without needing to press the 'n' key

6. There is some slight input lag when moving pieces. Sometimes this leads to a conflict where, if you move a champions too quickly in succession without letting the prior champion finish its pathing, the subsequent champion that is moved may move in the opposite direction you designated. You get used to the choppy play after a few games but it isn't ideal.

7. Saxy still works so at least we got that going for us

8. Here are your pills:

Selection_004.png [

Etherielin likes this.
  5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

LARGER you say? hmmm

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

A resets all your commands so if you have leap targetting active you can press A to take it off, from that point you can press A again and it will start attack targeting

7. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

A still attacks, you just need to press it twice.
    The chat is broken beyond belief, its better to just use discord at the moment.
    Runes not aligning according to nora cost takes some using to as well.

8. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

What I don't think understand is how after all the talk about how shitty the old client was because so many people had coded it blah blah blah and then they build one themselves from scratch and it turns out so much worse in almost ever single aspect. The mind boggles. The thing that annoys me the most is that Pox's graphics have always been a weak point from an attracting players stand point and yet they have made the resolution of the client worse ! I play at the highest resolution on a 4K screen and it still looks trash.

Gnomes likes this.
  9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

What I don't understand is why people were still using A when they could use 1-9 for all of the active abilities including attack. When Dwarven Hooligan came out and the basic attack wasn't in the first position, that was the nail in the coffin for me.

10. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I am a creature of (Shitty) habits.

fogandsteel likes this.
  11. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

1. Unresponsive/choppy/laggy client/interface. Things randomly don't click the first time, or third or fourth sometimes. Or they do, but it's lagging several seconds.
    2. Visually and aesthetically, many new game/GUI elements are incongruous with the old art assets/client GUI. For instance the pennant banners under the player's names with holes crudely photoshopped into them look incredibly amateurish. The humongous new numbers above champions are a weird font.
    3. Generally game lag seems worse or more noticeable - champs will sit there and then suddenly move very rapidly elsewhere. Basically the movement animation is unpredictable.
    4. Camera panning is choppy. Used to be smooth
    5. in-client deck builder has tiny little window to see 1 row of cards at a time?
    6. location of remaining AP is awkward, covers up art
    7. Many spell/effect animations are appearing in the wrong part of the screen, such as Adaptive
    8. I like that the equipment image being shown on the equipped champ.