Quick thoughts at first glance

Discussion in 'New Pox Nora Client Beta Discussion' started by Poxpoints, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

This is a quick write up, I had done in notepad, mostly for myself, but I'm to tired to properly edit it.

Big issues:

Store:
    - Pack looks strange (extended set), but I'm guessing this is is still in the works
    - Opening pack: rune graphics / design is horrid here for some reason (still in the works I guess)
    - Opening packs: opening rune details will always show fixed nora costs e.g.: each champ is 13 nora (still in the works I guess)

Deck manager:
    - Sometimes a deck will not delete, the text on the deck will be gone (delete / change), when clicking it again, it will reappear, after which I can try to re-delete
    - Same thing happens when clicking change
    - Scroll doesn't work and it took me ages to find out that I can only go down up with my arrow keys
    - Filters and search should be displayed way more clearly (it's so important and I missed it the first 2 times going there)
    - For a PC user filters in this format feel annoying (give me my dropdowns back)
    - Sometimes it jumps to another rune than the one you stopped at with the arrow keys (it will go on it for half a second then jumps to another rune)
    - A scrollbar would be nice
    - Removing/adding runes from my deck doesn't work

In game:
    - Can't select a rune from dock, unless I drag it a little bit (so not on click)
    - After doing the drag thingy, AP values for abilities are all -1 (after deployment its fine)
    - Elven Mage suddenly became invisible after teleporting (not sure if other actions happened)
    - Autopan is very frustrating

Other:
    - After going to the market place and back, the "current deck" will dissapear
    - Opening rune details doesn't feel well designed, the information feels clunky, overwhelming and not easily "absorbable" (I'm guessing a better layout for this could fix this)

Small issues (and personal dislikes):

Launcher download:
    - Font type and padding on installer text feels odd (design wise)
    - Font turns red when clicked on installer again feels odd
    - The button with hammer and tool underneath process bar don't work on launcher for me (if it's not supposed to be a button, it's odd design)
    - Account link says this account does not exist instead of taking me to the login screen if not logged in
    - Image slider does not work
    - Sound cue when download is ready would be nice

Store:
    - Trackpad scroll doesn't work (I need to manually click the scrollbar, or click in the page and scroll)
    - Opening packs: the animation to go from one card to another is literally making me cringe
    - Opening packs: let me click on a card instead of having to scroll to it (but keep the scroll option as well)

Deck manager:
    - In deck manager when scrolling through my decks (selecting them one by one), they will get a question mark icon, they keep having this even after moving on to the next deck

Chat window:
    - Enter doesn't open chat

Big improvements:
    - Everything feels more polished
    - For PS4-users the UX seems neat

Small improvements:
    - The poxnora-shortcut looks smooth now on my pc (it was pixelated like crazy before)!
    - Pack opening: will be nice when it's finished

Missing for me:
    -
    Rune trader: "equal rights" for PS4 and PC players
    - Rune checklist/forge: I feel like one page where you can see your whole collection with the option to forge etc. would be nice (but that might be personal), I know you can forge through the deckmanager

Ending conclusion:
    I'm afraid that the new client in its current state feels a lot less PC-friendly compared to the current one we have. It feels like there was put a lot of focus towards making a good PS4 UX (which makes sense, with the PS4 launch coming up), but meanwhile it feels like the PC UX suffered a lot because of it.

That said, there are also a lot of things that feel very nice, very polished and a lot less cluttered. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more changes come to the new client, perhaps some with a bit more focus towards the PC user.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Xzablaz likes this.
  2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Noticed add/remove runes in deckmanager is done by rightclicking the rune

Poxpoints likes this.