"Quickening" for a mostly ranged BG is insane at 35 nora

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by BansheeX, Jul 12, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Yes i lost to Rally the heard. It is not balanced.

WraithxxV likes this.
  2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Lol. Centaurs as a theme are unplayable that's the only thing keeping them together. So maybe fix the theme then fix rally the heard otherwise... Yeah...

reskk likes this.
  3. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Been a while since I told everyone RtH was broken, but since Centaurs were stupidly shoebox no one listened. Not even after pointing at the obvious Bliss abuse case.

4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The only bad centaur right now is interceptor. All the others range from great(sarnghavian/bliss/skirmisher) to just pretty good. Toss in some of KF''s meta support and 2x RtH and it becomes a very strong deck. Maybe not trees strong, but not it's not too far below and almost always has a shrinekill threat to boot.

RtH should probably be 45n (it should be less than SL's quickening because centaurs don't have the same damage potential that SL can reach, and it is limited to a handful of champs that you probably wouldn't run otherwise because you would be overloaded with 2x2s) and the mediocre centaurs could get a look at as well.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  5. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

I just saw a pig fly.

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Most in KF have known that it would only be a matter of time before RtH would be crazy good. The day that Centaur are a complete theme is the day RtH will be hit with the nerf hammer. If the current costing formula stays intact, the time for RtH to be nerfed may be upon us.

7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

It does not even need a full theme.
    1 Bliss
    2 Centaur Archer
    2 Centaur Savage
    2 Centaur Skirmisher
    2 Centaur Regulator
    2 Elven Strategist
    2 Rally the Herd

Rally the Herd is not balanced at 35 nora. Not even close to it.

8. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I'd argue that before removing Rally in it's current state, which I think we can all agree would be absolutely horrendous in any other BG, Centaurs themselves must first be fixed and solidified into a much more effective theme than they are at the moment.

As it is Rally is what makes them "Somewhat" viable in today's meta.

9. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Freaking lol. Used to be only me running Rally in a serious deck with Skirmishers. It's obviously broken, but I have no idea how good centaurs are post revamp. We've always said that Rally and Lash Down will be OP once their themes are good enough, so this thread is unsurprising. But still hilarious.

10. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Rally the herd is the same nora as Quicken from SL... Even with one Skirmisher out, it's worth it.

allyorbase likes this.
  11. Vamperica

Vamperica New Member

For giggles I time slipped Bliss after her attack chain and then the next turn I double RtH...and after my 5 attacks I time slipped her again...

12. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

That was my justification for running it when I did. However, what you really mean is "if you run enough centaurs, it's worth it"

13. Vamperica

Vamperica New Member

So I made the Centaur theme deck just to mess around...threw in the Rally the Herds to see how bad I could abuse them...threw in the Time Slips to see if I could manage to abuse them more with Bliss. It is a little rough but Time Slip is quite the Blockade breaker. Even with 2x2 I am breaking through and just charging the shrine....pop a rally the heard and 2-3 turns later the shrine is dead and the AI took all that time just to catch up with your breakaway track star...lol

14. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Rally the Herd is way undercosted.
    But we already knew that...it's just becoming obvious now.

15. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

But it doesn't make Centaur "viable;" it makes them imbalanced.

Instead of making RtH more expensive, why not just make it reset attack chains for all Centaur? So, it's not so GG-lulz... you still have to conserve AP and worry about position. It's just a thought.

16. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Nope... I don't... I run 2 skrimishers in meta KF and include a Rally the herd.