Remake of Tracker Gnark

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KPIC, Aug 1, 2014.

1. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Here is a suggestion for remaking Tracker Gnark.

Rune Name: Tracker Gnark
    Faction: Savage Tundra
    Race: Yeti, Class: Rogue, Size: Small, Rarity: Exotic
    Artwork: A Yeti prowls around the mountain side looking intently for enemies.
    Flavor-Text: I won't need help. Once I catch the scent of blood and call my brothers, you'll realize why no one fights with Gnark and wins. - Tracker Gnark addressing the Frost Queen
    Nora Cost: ?

Champion Stats
    DAM: 13, SPD: 7, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 1, HP: 47

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical
    Other Ability: Abominable, Acrtic, Hero, Relocate Yeti
    Other Ability with Effect: First Scent (If this unit is the first to activate Abominable on an enemy champ, then that champ is Hunted and all friendly Yetis within 5 spaces gain Declare Hunted for 1 turn. CD 4, AP 2)

Upgrade Level 2
    Leap 1
    Leap 2
    Leap 3

Upgrade Level 3
    Guarded Yeti
    Declare Target

Questions to Answer
    This Champ brings together the Yeti and makes use of the Abominable ability quite well. It also remakes Tracker Gnark, which is a Hero that does have a specific role except in beast builds, which are currently being fulfilled by Azaren.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I really dislike this.
    If Yetis need a hero, Gedden can release one in the near future.
    Gnark needs to be tied with Lonx and Lonx only. Azaren already fills the role of Beast/Lonx, and Juya Beast/Jakei.

Edit: also, I really dislike Abominable as well, so theres that.

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

yep I agree with pede, gnark should remain as he was created, and a new hero can be created for yeti's if deemed fit.

I also really don't like heroes anyway, after they lose their -15 nora hero cost they will not be very playable at all, largely being weighed down with numerous abilities that only rarely will help the heroes see play.

4. KPIC

I see that you both dislike him, but why? The mechanic First Scent really makes use of Abominable in a fun way, and Yeti's do not have a Hero. Gnark has no tie to Lonx builds except those that are beasts. Two Heroes for beast builds are a waste. You could use Gnark's ability in a Lonx build with a secondary beast option. But by himself in just any build, he is just a beater. ST faction leaders are complaining some about ST's lack of theme choices except for beasts. This Hero would allow the Yeti theme to be more playable. Anyway, my best argument against you is: how do you know until you play him?

5. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Gnark should not change race like this.
    He's a storyline dude and clearly a Lonx.
    Maybe he could have a rework, but any Yeti hero should be a new release.

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I don't dislike your design, per se.

gnark should be the lonx theme hero, but he has a pseudo beast theme synergy since he was created before beasts were even a thing.

the art for gnark exists, he's not a yeti, and to do this change you would need to create a new sprite and art, why not just make another hero.

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, to be fair the suggestion is pretty OP as well. All friendly yetis in 5 spaces gain Declare: Hunted? No, that wouldnt work.

8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

But... :( mylonx

9. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I stopped readin "Race: Yeti" WTF?!?!?!?!

Gnark is lonx! NOthing else!

10. KPIC

Losing Gnark as Lonx is not that great of a loss to ST. But I agree that he might be over powering.

11. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Why do you have to change an established Character in such a way? Just call the thing Tracker Smelly Ape Butt and be done with it. It doesn't have much to do with Gnark anyway so it wouldn't even fly as some kind of "alternative dimension screw up". And as somebody else said already: It's kinda OP.

12. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

buff gnark and lonx

13. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Gnark is ok ....
    There are much more champions in need of rework then Gnark in ST

14. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

gnark is great !!! try running him on a summon based deck and equip him a darious favor and see the look on your opponent's face when you 1 shot everything with your 40 dmg strike unit with 2 ranged attacks