Revamp Input

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Personally I don't really like the ichor abilities. It seems so gimmicky. This sort of random synergy between runes because of some arbitrary ability? I'd rather they remove ichor from the game completely.

Besides, I feel like if I'm bringing out enough units that ichor really starts to power up, I probably already have the upper hand; is there really a need to enforce that upper hand?

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Deadly tracker:
    Base:
    attack arrow
    detection
    leap 2
    Upgrade
    logistic range
    deep wounds

Queen Anru
    attack physical
    camoflage
    flight
    mythical
    secure font
    Upgrade pet:
    forest leper
    magic eater/spell eater

Arrowsinger
    Base:
    attack magic
    deploy archery bale
    preperation
    upgrade:
    resonance
    Dodge 1

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  3. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

What about these champs? Yes they are all elves, and I hope that I still will be able to play them after the revamp. Some need new ability's to make them worth to include. So any ideas?

elven taskmaster
    civilized wilderkin
    wild elf
    ghost stalker
    light of the circle
    flammage of the circle
    ranger (elite)
    archer commander (the only reason i would use her is the volley ability)
    ruthless enforcer (strong champ but still wouldend use him in elven bg)
    elven strategist
    spirit singer

4. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Lol please, KF doesn't need Blood for Nora.

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Do the other seven factions need it? There is something systemically wrong if an ability is fine in seven factions but not in the eighth.

dsjtheman likes this.
  6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

spell spam is a completely fine way of winning, if a faction supports it, it isn't bad, it's just that some of the spells (TC) are overpowered (too versatile in my opinion).
    If the devs were to listen to all the people who doesn't like certain wincon we would end up with chess, I'm not trying to be offensive, just think that a complain can be made for every single theme/mechanic and the argument will be always "I don't like it" because there is none that is capable of judging the "sport value" of the ways of playing.

Xirone likes this.
  7. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

i agree, every faction has at least one expensive spell that could be used as an argument for why not to give them b4n.

8. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

they could just change b4n to be more evenly balanced... target champ loses (x) amount of health, you gain (x) amount of nora.

9. GabrielQ

Most of your choices are meta runes, and some are super OP also, and most of the others have a clean design but are overcosted if compared to the meta selection of OP champions.
    For example, the archer commander is a perfectly designed rune, if the revamp goes well, that is the rune that will be "meta" (I mean top power in a archer bg) because you'll realize that his kit is completely focused on the task, there isn't a ability or a unnecessary stat that will raise his cost in a unhealthy way, you'll get to use of every bit of nora you payed for her.
    That's the kind of champions that will reign poxnora after the revamp.

10. Makorov

I totally understand what you're saying, but I can't help but feel that Blood for Nora in KF is going to cause massive problems. Besides the fact that spell spam is already easy to achieve, there's the added bonus of having an Oracle (or two!) out. Not to mention the loss of health a champion suffers is entirely negligible in this particular faction (as in others).

But I'm a rare leaguer, so obviously my opinion isn't worth much. However, all I want to say is, if KF does get BfN, I'm going to assume there's going to be quite the uproar.

11. GabrielQ

Every opinion matters, what I'm saying is that you are considering how a single isolated change would affect the faction, when everything else is bound to change aswell, specially the oracle, that is a meta champion and is likely to loss a lot of relative power with the revamp.

12. chickenpox2

Elven Taskmaster:
    Base:
    Attack Physical
    Command charge
    Hit and run
    Upgrades:
    Command elves
    Vigilance:

Drive

Angel of Restoration
    Base:
    Attack magic
    Flight
    Ariel supremecy
    Intensify
    Stab
    Upgrades:
    Heal champ 2
    Abash

Wilderkin Snake dancer
    Base:
    Attack Physical
    Entangling attack
    Bind
    Upgrades
    Boost beast
    Evasive 1

13. chickenpox2

I bet that once all the champions values are hike people use more than 8-10 spells in their deck cause they are much cheaper lucky for kf u can run 1 enforcer at full upgrades then just just spam using grimlic's mirror actually i wont be suprised if u run more than 2 grimlic's mirror

14. chickenpox2

Anyone wanna comment on my previous champions ability selection for revamp u can all agree

15. GabrielQ

Spirit singer
    DMG 8
    SPD 6
    RNG 3-5
    DEF 0
    HP 40
    Abilities
    Attack magical
    Flight
    Resurrect*
    Soothing serenade
    Heal champion 3 > heal mass 3 > Nora shield
    Cleansing aura > cleanse > nature's blessing
    * resurrect reworked to a reactive ability like "your champion with the highest cooldown is set to 0" and add a big CD.
    I think that manipulating the rune dock (in this case the "graveyard") is something not exploited enough in poxnora, and I don't know why but I feel like resurrect is the identity of the singer and it should be the thing to set her apart from the rest of the healing support in the faction.

16. Makorov

Good point about the revamp.

Just one thing though, could you explain how BfN would be an isolated change? I don't understand.

17. chickenpox2

18. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Blood for Nora.

19. GabrielQ

What I mean is that you say that bfn in KF would be OP considering that all the things that make spell spam too powerful will be left untouched, so you are evalating the power of bfn in kf as a isolated change

20. chickenpox2

In that case blood for nora will be op in all the factions (Thank god ST desnt have it on top of chrno's stupid spell charge abilites)