Revamp Input

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Apr 29, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

strig warlock.

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I like your ideas for Arrowsinger, Fae Oracle, and Elven Taskmaster most.

Colossal Boa, however, is so good with Consume! All you have to do is feed him a snake from the Snake Charmer, or a tree from the Treecaller, and he is back in the game.

3. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

But in how many games (and in how many ways) is resurrect useful? FW has lower champion cds and they can get by with fewer champs in a deck because of that, but that only works because it applies to multiple champions. I doubt resurrect would let KF run fewer champions. It also seems like this would potentially help highlander bgs, since it would allow a 2x deploy with only a 1x run, but we have grimlic's mirror for that (assuming it gets cast before the 1st champion dies). I agree with you that it *should* be her signature ability since she's a "spirit" singer, but it seems like there should be more to it than just a cdr for it to be meaningful.

4. Raikan

With these abilities, she might as well be called the angel of non-restoration. When would you have spend 3 ap for an 8 hp, cd2 heal on a 2-6 ranged champ w/ aerial supremacy and intensify? And (assuming the nora calculator works accurately after the revamp) she (and other mixed/diverse ability runes) will be horribly overcosted. You'll have to pay for her range/damaging abilities and her support/healing abilities. I'm not sure what the right solution is. DF is nice, but there's a lot of tension between DF (mid/late game deploy and intensify (pressure to deploy early)--maybe a solution would be to shorten the intensify cd for every X amount of health healed. Alternatively, another idea I've had is instead of a healing ability, give a champ the ability to place a (hidden?) 10 health bubble on a champ (think bubble of protection) or possibly a heal on damage effect (i.e. champ heals 2/4 hp each time it is damage for 2 turns). While the overall amount of healing wouldn't be all that much, it might be significant against opponents that calculate precise kills.

5. GabrielQ

The fact that I proposed resurrect to be reactive is what changes everything, the spirit singer alone will give you a edge on the late game, allowing to recycle your champions, and will cover things that GM cannot, like heroes and mythical champions, and also sub 80 nora champios. It will also be a champion with heal and cleanse with good range that will be able to attack pretty nicely with stacked bonus, so if thy do the same thing, I would take spirit singer before GM, because I'll have a champion top of the utility.
    When I play my FS meta, first thing I do is killing the detection units, if I get them early is pretty much gg, because I have more than enough time to win the game before they come off coldown, CD's are really long, to a point where you cannot count on a unit that has been killed for the rest of the game, and resurrect changes that, that's huge in my opinion.

6. Raikan

What kind of cd are you thinking of for the ability (or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by reactive)? And it seems like it would be better if the player could choose which rune comes off cd, rather than simply the highest.

7. GabrielQ

Right now, I use resurrect and the next champion that dies receives a complete cd reduction, that's preemptive use of a ability, so, if I'm playing against a fire deck, my opponent will wait to kill my twisted fireoaks with cauldron untill resurrect is eaten by something else. But, in my proposal, my opponent kills my fireoaks and then I deploy my spirit singer to get them back, that's reactive, and it's a lot more powerful.
    And about the implementation, I do not think that is possible to choose over the runes in CD mechanically (can you think about a "select X rune from your runedock and do Y effect" ability) and I think that highest cooldown is a improvement upon the "last/next champion killed" kind of selection.

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

As u noticed i remove divine favour
    yes , i would unless prefer heal champ 3 on AOR unless Aspect of life revamp is not too expensive and it still has healing breath , heal charge and lay hands

I was thinking that intesify could reduce to 6 turn and it is countinous
    first time intesify
    +3dmg +2 range and fully healed
    second and more
    fully healed (ever 10 turns)
    you need to remember all the other angels got intesify so it must be applicalble to all of them
    but she still need stab for melee attack

also
    I think removing Ariel supremacy
    Angel of Restoration
    Base:
    Attack magic
    Flight
    Intensify
    Stab
    Upgrades:
    Heal champ 2
    Abash

9. Raikan

I see what you're saying--I haven't played with resurrect in a long time, so I was a bit foggy on how it worked. As for the mechanics...there is already coding that allows a player to select a specific non-cd rune using a mouse cursor--it's how we choose what rune to deploy/cast/equip. So I would assume that it wouldn't be too difficult to recycle that coding to allow a player to select a on cd rune after using an ability and then to recycle the coding that sets a cd rune of 1 to cd 0. I might be wrong--but it seems like it's a matter of reusing the code.

I agree that highest cd champ is an improvement over next champion killed. But on powerturns, you might lose more than 1 champion. Also, I assume this ability will have an AP cost--in which case you'll really need to predict what your opponent will kill the turn after Singer is deployed in order to have enough ap available to reduce the cd of that champ. If it's possible, letting the player choose the champion would make sure that it's less random/more controllable about which champ gets recycled.

10. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

The devs version of thiron is pretty similar to yours

11. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Except for the no defensive ability and the massive hike in nora cost. I assume he is going to remain one of the highest cost champions for KF...and now he brings even less to the party, for WAY more cost. Wasn't like he was an OP meta rune that was controlling the game. Apparently they really really don't want KF to have blockade.