Review of all Draksar units after revamp

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Faust, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Okej so i decided to share my opinion about revamped Draksar champs, keep in mind this is only my opinion so kindly please stop ur hate ( ye mr. Pyro you too )

Draksars for me was always kind of army that was fighting like Roman Empire, each unit had its hold, each of them was able to cope vs some kind of enemys ( egzample pre revamp presecutor vs psy deck's )

Considering that i will start with things i think Draksars are missing, our style is more or less falanga like where Centurions buff and command footmans and archers to win battles so we are missing:

CALL TO ARMS like totally this is the thing that should be Draksar Brand we are like roman empire we call each other to fight etc etc. this totally would work in theme
    Commander: Draksar
    Warcry: Draksar
    Improve X
    Boost Drakie ( come on if Voils can have this..... )
    Vitalize
    Regal Presence

Those should be on "Centurion like units" like:
    Blackscale or Drakie Lord ( yes Drakie lord just begs for Warcry or Commander ! )

Now lets go to revamped units:

Basilisk Templar: he lost Punishing aura and now he plays like a footman, he is overcosted for what he does, 88 nora for single CC thing is a lil bit too much he seems liek 80 nora unit for me, not 88.

Blackscale Centurion: Big looooser after revamo he does not feel like Centurion anymore and he was always core more or less buffing his friends and fighting among them at front lines, drop protective and bring back some of his support things back, totaly swap protective for something like old Cast/Command Block or suggested Commander/WarCry

Broodguardians: I dont know what to say about those Torton like guys, i never knew how to play them accualy he is spaming some real champs thats nice, detection and portal cool and all but relict guardian seems kinda random on him for me at least, meybe swap Detect for lay hatchling so relict guardian could accualy trigger on him on the spot ? i dont know meybe you guys could suggest something ? cuz in his state amt he wont see play much.

Dragon Handler: Support Draksar for Dragon Decks, Considering he will be used in Dragon decks only he dont need Violent, other then that he seems okej just this nora cost, also meybe give us a chance to run him in Draksar Decks by adding something not dragon connected into 2nd upgrade path like hmm Sustain ?

Draksar Archer: Main thing that killed him after revamp is nora cost, compared to other archers he was hit hard. we dont need regen on him consider swaping it for some kind of dmg boost in 2nd upgrade tree, now when he does not have Violent he is totaly not worth his cost, he plays more or less like 65 nora unit for me not 70+, so please consider lowering his cost.

Draksar Augmenter: I always liked this brute dude, fine egzample of revamp, well costed, totaly good egzample of revamping, he does his role as front line beater well, pummelin around.

Draksar Berserker: Another not bad egzample of revamp meybe a bit slow getting into fight now cuz lacking reinforcement and init but well 8 spd unit nice dmg, well costed more or less imo, and does his beater role well, only problem might be swaped class into brute now bonespliter maul does not work on him :(

Draksar Bookburner: One of my Fav Draksars, he used to be cheep deploy now he is 74 nora but hmm he brings alt dmg, antyspell thingy and Ignorance, i will take that for 75 nora, he is in not bad state.

Draksar Broodqueen: She was always AP generator, now she is not Violent is random on her since she does not atack more or less her role is creaing small moveing bombs thats all oh and detect, lack of AP gen killed her for me, please consider adding AP gen back into first upgrade tree.

Draksar Chameleon: Good egzample of how revamp worked, he totaly works his role of rangelocking unit Constriction and shadowspawn is always good element of strategy. I do liek his state and reskin looks great.

Draksar Charger: He have good base stats but his cost is too big to be runable, it just BEGS to add Heavy Charger or Trample on him so please consider doing that. he will never see play in his atm state.

Draksar Constrictor: I JUST LOVE HER ! She took Basi templars role of CC / Aura fighter totaly worth the nora atm ! great revamp of old unit !

Draksar Consulate: Grant Draconic Force is accualy all she does, she plays like 72-75 nora unit, 80 is WAY too much please reconsider recosting her.

Draksar Doomsayer: Always good and underplayed Draksar now will see play a lot more, his state is great, great for font contesting well costed and all.

Draksar Explorer: Well revamped but still Runner will take his place in deck.

Draksar Footman: True Egzample of how Draksar Empire fight's, well revamped unit, good cost for stats, bravery and violent is exactly how Draksars fight.

Draksar Forerunner: Our Scout ! Scouts should be cheep units, he totaly dont need Camo when he is Elusive so please remove it and drop some nora. Sentry could also be swaped for something cuz its more or less useless. Anyway good unit at his atm state just this nora cost....

Draksar Gunner: good dmg dealer, bit slow, but all fine, good cost for what he does.

Draksar High Marshal: He is all good and fine after revamp working as palladin healing his friends in frontlines ! not bad i consider him "Centurion rank" among Draksar lines.

Draksar High Priest: Sermon ah Sermon ! this is exactly how Draksars fight - buffing each other, good revamp on this unit, meybe flamestrike is a bit random well immun magical also is meybe swap those for other support like things ? he is priest so Healing is welcome since theme is lacking this outside of regen, i would totaly add healing thingy into his 2nd tree insted of immun or strike.

Draksar Hunter: Good warrior for more or less low nora cost, Violent, Draconic force again this is exactly how Draksars fight.

Draksar Interrogator: Lost his antynora thingy, now he just drive and punish/sword breake well i wont run him at his atm state he is kinda borring.

Draksar Knight: hoho he got nora cost boooosted a lot. make him 60 nora and i will run him, he is slow etc...

Draksar Legionnaire: Totally overcosted, like totally, Nexus Aura is all good and exactly what theme needs but for this cost i will say no thanks, he is considered mid range champ and he does not have Violent even meh meh meh not for this cost. Violent is a must on him and cost reduction.

Draksar Lord: i was expecting something more on him, he is just big Draksar with a sword now, overcosted and does not feel like a lord, PLEASE ADD SOMETHING ICONIC ON HIM ! LIKE WarCry or Commander Draksar or something that will make him inspire his footmans to fight along his side, now he is just another beater not rly a lord. REWORK NEEDED !

Draksar Marauder: He is fine bombing around, good revamp.

Draksar Marine: REWORK NEEDED, he lost all he could. Make him FS split rune or so i dont need diveing unit when my domain is Sand. He brings more or less nothing beside his spear and kinda low cost.

Draksar Master: Well Costed ! good stats for 75 nora cost, Sunder or Drive is all cool and Decapting blow haha ! exactly Draksar Style !

Draksar Morph: So we got Haste now thats cool thats cool, she is in well state, she is offensive support not bad.

Draksar Persecutor: I love this guy now, Mutation Violence ! and Clamp makes him lock enemys in 1v1 thats cool, good unit for the cost.

Draksar Psion: I dont know what his role is supposed to be now in Draksar deck, he used to Improve dmg and nora lock now he does non all he does is knockback and i dont need it at all, rework plz ?

Draksar Rocketeer: Our more or less main ranged option now, he is in good state exactly how ranged units should look like after revamp, good dmg but then u can range only 6 times or less :)

Draksar Sandstalker: Sand Module unit hmm Sand module lost a bit cuz of dune walkers, i prefered him assasinating, but well Desert Walker helps him a lot doing his hidden strikers role, he is one of a few Draksars at 7 spd btw, well he is not bad for the cost.

Sandstalker Lord: ill put him just after Sandstalker, well he lost a lot cuz of his cost now, but then good stats can be used as hidden striker, not bad in sand module just overcosted a bit, 80-85 nora would be fine.

Dune Walker: All i am missing here is grant: Trail Sand other then that he is fine, but again meybe recost a bit ?

Sandstalker Dustdevil: In not bad state, meybe bit overcosted looks like 75-80 nora to me

Draksar Shifter: was allways runable just underplayed now he will see play a lot more cool dude for the cost !

Draksar Spellsword: Main thing i am missing here is 7 spd. then still good footman of draksar army filling role of anty magical dmg unit.

Dreadnought: Our titan, he does lots of dmg thats for sure, he is good, its just not age of 120 nora champs :), also he totally lacks regen :(

Homicidal Thug: Solo units are not Draksars Brand more or less but well this dude looks good, well revamped, alt dmg front line champ.

Judge Torien: was not changed much still does what he did, he is all good.

Priest of Fury: 2 of em then Akakios and ur all good great nora gen :), meybe not best in Draksar Decks but well in specyfic deck all good.

Rip Demon: Melee monster alt dmg violent and surge enemy i am all good about him, but his bro.....

Rip Demon Alpha: OVERCOSTED LIKE MAD ! recost him plax, then he is good, looks like 80 nora unit for me, not 90.

Serpentor Ardent: heart Strike and Defiant was always his brand he is good frontline champ, meybe the cost - not much place for 80 nora units in after revamp meta but well.

Serpentor Paradigm: Overpowered bring him back in line, 74 nora 7 spd unit that have spur....

Skywing Patrol: beacon + Call to war is all i need :)

Temple Guard: for sure he does great now cuz of defender !

and the last one.....

Bigggggest looooser of revamp

the

Wyrmpriest who did nothing does nothing and is still useless rework needed..........

FALLEN DRAKIE AS SPLIT RUNE 2014 !!!!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    G_Ro91 likes this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

s'fine and all, but like

GD instead of SL forums?

3. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

This really would be better suited for the SL forums.

The greens would see it just fine there. And we wouldn't have to worry about the hoi polloi commenting on things well beyond them.

Edit: Dagda beat me to it. But I used hoi polloi, so we'll call it a tie.

SPiEkY and Dagda like this.
  4. G_Ro91

G_Ro91 The King of Potatoes

I pretty much agree with this list. I do think Charger is kinda a bad ass, but something like trample would be cool. Wyrmpriest was the first draksar that I went to after revamp... the disappointment was so bad.

If anything DRAKSAR LORD WARCRY or if not then maybe Commander:Draksar.

Violent on archer is still pretty easy to get too since most people rage banded him anyways, but still wouldn't hurt to have a cost decrease.

Great thread, Faust!

5. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Im down for draksar buffs if dreadnought loses cleave.

6. Faust

Well ye move it to Sl forums if needed

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Draksar Consulate also lost Annex, the only one of the 8 to do so.

bClef likes this.
  8. Faust

Can we get it moved into SL forums ?

9. kinembe

kinembe The King of Potatoes

leave it in GD where it gets seen!

10. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

All those who matter can see it in the SL forums.

11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

My comments in GREEN

IMO as SL is one of those factions that its fav thing is to oneround champs makes asking for "warcry" and other powerturn abilities sound a bit silly. I think we should only get them if DB and QK get chopped.

Basilisk Templar: I dont agree on lowering his cost. He was always expensive for draksars bg but having that Punishing+petryfy combo and inm:magic was what made him a reasonable include. I dont know what should be the change but its aproach should be to make him stand out from the rest melee phisical beaters and make him more Knightish and magical-ish-ly-ish

Blackscale Centurion: I agree with you on this one. His role was a tank/support, now is a tank/beater.. at least with command:X he would help Draksar Phalanx. Imo he should loose protective and gain Regen(2) base and the upgrade paths to look something like:

Path 1: Battlemaster (3), Drive, Massive Leap
    Path 2: Command: Block, Command: Dodge and Command: Charge.

Broodguardians: I agree with you, he doesnt work with himself. Imo his upgrade paths should look like this:

Path 1: Mason, Regen 1, Regen 2
    Path 2: Detection 2, Relocate relic, Lay: Hatchling

Draksar Archer: Having an entire archer theme on KF i think something a little more interesting could be done with this guy.. maybe instead of farshot he could have preparation?

Draksar Augmenter: I would only swap his phisical basic attack for Magic basic attack (just look at the art)

Draksar Bookburner: Good from the revamp with this one.

Draksar Constrictor: Great design!

Draksar Consulate: She could use "Imbue" to add her more synergy with her team mates. =P

Draksar Doomsayer: He is the same as before the revamp but now he actually works well for his cost. Good call leaving him as is.

Draksar Explorer: A good option for a a low rarity champ.

Draksar Forerunner: Agree with Faust, remove camo and change sentry upgrade path.

Draksar Gunner: Good design

Draksar High Marshal: The synergy used on this champ with "Empathy" was what i was expecting for all the draksars. Great design.

Draksar Interrogator: As a whipping low-range uncommon champ, he has good stats/abilities.

Draksar Knight: With 5 spd, and only tankyness is 2 def.. and fear.. IMO he should be an aura champ, like a lonely font contestor (his art looks radioactive). I would remove Essence capture (he only has 8 dmg) and Violent (with 5 spd he cant keep up with the scale legion). Add regen base, poison aura base and change the upgrade Path 1 to Acid aura 2, scour 3, Rabid 1

Draksar Legionnaire: Does he really need Block 2? I would remove stab from base and add "Hold the Line" base.

Draksar Marauder: Removing "Sunder" was a good call.

Draksar Marine: He is empty.. he could use spear abilities..

Draksar Master: Good changes with revamp, he has its unique style which makes him a good include.

Draksar Morph: Metamorphosis base instead of mutate seems odd, its arguable what should be base but she is still useful. Good revamp

Draksar Persecutor: Good changes, very versatil.

Homicidal Thug: Solo units are not Draksars Brand more or less but well this dude looks good, well revamped, alt dmg front line champ. (He has amped so his design is for solo frontline, good design it works well imo)

Judge Torien: Thank you devs for keeping his main design.

Serpentor Ardent: He has the most boring upgrades for a legendary.. they are just fillers.. I would remove violent from base and add Rapid Attacks base, and his upgrades could be:

Path 1: horrific aura, camouflage, regen 2
    Path 2: Constriction, poison 2, precision

Wyrmpriest: He should have "blood for nora" as he gives his own life for the cause(?)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Still mad huh.

Protip: formatting and some basic grammar would do wonders for this post.

13. Faust

Like i said Eng is not my native lang, wanna talk in other lang's ?

my post is understandable i guess.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Try and use these
    • Burn
    1. Pyro
    instead of enter, will make your post a whole lot easier to read. Some other formatting wouldn't hurt as well, but this would be a start.

15. Faust

will keep this in mind, and i promise i will just copy ur post when the time will come.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uhuh.

Sure thing bud

17. Dtail

Dtail The King of Potatoes

just lost again with draksar they seem to have got screwed over in the revamp

18. G_Ro91

G_Ro91 The King of Potatoes

Does anyone know if there is going to be another patch soon? I just need to know, sometime down the line that Draksar will get a few buffs to help out the phalanx theme.

19. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

The mass loss of Violent and making a majority of Draks have a boring regeneration upgrade path (didn't SOE remove regen upgrades and rebalance base regen BECAUSE it was boring?) really made Draksar feel less useful.
    The removal of Violent from Taint (did the new guys do that? I've been away too long) made it far less useful in everything, too.
    At least Summon Dragon still works with nearly everything in SL...

20. kasiski

kasiski New Member

So far the big winner for me is....Call to War. Had my 3 buddies chew through a Bastion and Euan with Channeled Violence and some Dragonic Force curtesy of Torien.

21. Faust

WHAT taint no longer add Violent ?