Road Trippin'

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jan 7, 2015.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Earlier in this holiday break me and a buddy drove down to Las Vegas from my hometown (Salt Lake City) to celebrate new years, then he got a ride down to Phoenix for the Fiesta Bowl, and I stayed in Las Vegas for about a week. He ended up getting too hungover and got a flight back to Salt Lake the day after the game, so I drove home alone, on a dark desert highway, with cool wind in my hair.

That trek is about 6 hours, so I did 12 hours of driving in total over that week (aside from my city excursions). Now me and my sister are headed back to school, and we both go to College in the Midwest. Tomorrow early we leave for a drive all the way there (Chicago is our main destination, to be exact). We plan on making one stop to sleep, other than that we will be driving the whole way. I think it's about a 23 hour drive, or something.

So I just wanted to see if anyone in the pox community had any suggestions for a long, cross country road trip. It's my first one (without my parents doing all the driving), so to be honest I am a little nervous. My Honda CRV is a bit wimpy, so I plan to take it pretty easy. I got Monster Energy drink and bundles of Hot tamale candy. Anything else I should grab or prepare for?

Thanks!

--PT

IMAGIRL likes this.
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

you plan to the pax convention ?

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

check out the indus valley, i think it's on the way

source: i majored in geology

BurnPyro likes this.
  4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Roll your joints ahead of time, it's tougher to do while you're moving.

BurnPyro and PurpleTop like this.
  5. PurpleTop

I'm dubious

6. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Don't over do it on the monster

7. PurpleTop

Yeah my cardiologist told me just this week that I should cut caffeine from my diet altogether :/. Oh well I don't think one will hurt.... I needed it for the drive anyway.

In other news, gas made the first leg of this trip very easy
    WP_20150108_14_59_59_Pro.jpg

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@PurpleTop "dark desert highway, with cool wind in my hair." I see what you did there, and I appreciate it. I could not read this without singing it.

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

this is where you decide if you are in a slasher film or a roadtrip movie.

source: I've seen a lot of people go down that road and never return... in movies. also I think dagda is a serial killer, and geology is not a real science, it is to science like what chiropractors are to actuall doctors.

11. PurpleTop

or a dentist, right?

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

dentists are like 50% doctors in that they seem to think lips and cheeks are stretchy and in no way connected to the rest of my skullflesh.

13. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

I just went hitchhiking for three months all over the US and I think for me the top 4 was San Francisco, the Grand Canyon, the Rocky Mountains and the city museum in St. Louis.

Not to say that there aren´t alooooot of other awesome places to visit. Also the people I met on the road often made the experience more awesome!

Than again... I´m currently in Costa Rica and that tops of anything I have seen in the US for me, haha!

Ps: the one thing I couldn't do without while traveling is my phone with data (couchsurfing, skyscanner, google maps, cool things to do nearby, etc etc.)

Cheers and enjoy your travels,

Josh753