Ronin Rune Discussions #2 - Grintmaw Gravitone

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]
    Upgrade Tree A:
    • Repulsion (+4 Nora)
    • Slam (Default)
    Upgrade Tree B:
    • Font Defender (Default)
    • Resilient (-6 Nora)
    • Impassioned (-9 Nora)
    Comments:
    Definitely one of the better runes we received this expansion. He can be built many different ways, each of them viable in their own rights. Slam and Font Defender on the same unit makes it easy to take and hold onto early fonts. Choosing Impassioned can turn him into a cheap monster, and Resilient is always a good choice in IS. What do you feel is the best build and why?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I like it. Seems to have multiple viable builds, is distinct, and has possibilities as a meta piece. 9/10.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

How well do you think it can operate outside Rock Defiance decks?

4. doubtofbuddha

I think the 65 point build (Impassioned + Knockback) is very promising. Alt damage, knockback, 10-16 damage, 3 def and 51 hps all for 65 points is pretty good. I am experimenting with 1 for the moment and I've liked what I have seen.

5. doubtofbuddha

As you noted he also looks good as an early font contester. If they are not careful they can find themselves losing the font fast.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

After playing against this guy, Font Defender and Impassioned are both good upgrades but I'm going to run Impassioned on him. He does madddddd crazy damage.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Seems gud. Slam also has synergy with deafening aura.

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  8. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

And with resi: physical.

Is for sure the better champ we had this expansion. And i prefer the 65 nora build (slam+imp) than the one with font defender

9. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

I run him with slam and font defender, i found this to be the most helpful build, however going vs KF or another faster bg on certain maps my font ALWAYS gets contested even if i draw gravitone 1st. Game after game I am realizing that no matter what champ i bring out 5 or 7 spd some maps are unfair. as for running him outside of trolls he is not nearly as efficient, dies easy IMO anyways

10. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

It seems like his damage type should be sonic, not magic.

11. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

NOOOOOOOOOOO
    trolls need magic attack for them pesky spirits n phasers n shyt

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I could see him getting Frost,given the art.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I actually have to agree with NT. Until trolls get another option they need the Magic damage to maintain some semblance of competitiveness.

14. doubtofbuddha