Rune Discussion: Altar of Votaev (Week 3)

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by IMAGIRL, Mar 6, 2015.

?

What would you like to be on Rune Discussion week 4?

1. Banish

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Erupt

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Nefari Messenger

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Nefari Soul Torch

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It's time for week 3. This week we have a relic.

Current Kit:
    [​IMG]

My thoughts: (Just to get the topic going.)

Personally I am not a fan of suggesting changes based upon what another faction does, or doesn't have. Each faction is unique, and should have some differences between them. Our Melee bruisers, with limited range options, and no spot-cleanse is an example of this. I will however go ahead, and approach the topic of what we are all thinking.

Transmission Relay...

It's essentially the same rune. Same cost, hp (+1), and end result. Albeit with Altar looking like the stupid stepchild to it's cousin the Relay. (He can do the same tasks, it just takes him a while.)

I suggest changing Altars kit to a more generalized Cooldown Reduction, but keeping the same flavor.

Altar of Votaev (30)
    When a non-Summoned, non-Illusion champion that you own dies, the cooldown on your Demon champions is reduced by 2. When a friendly Demon kills an enemy champion, the cooldown on all of your runes that are currently on cooldown is reduced by 1.

Note: This can be considered, an idea or suggestion. It is only meant to get the discussion going.

Community Suggested Changes:
    • ?
    • ?
    • ?

Poll rotations will be thus:
    • Highest vote becomes new discussion
    • 2nd, and 3rd place get put on next weeks poll choices.
    • 4th place gets swapped out for another possibility.
    • If there is a tie between 3rd, and 4th I use my vote as a tie breaker.
    • I do not vote unless there is a tie.

(I know the poll is not what you expected. However; Shadow Hunter, and Hook Fiend got touched up in the latest patch. I intend to let them mingle with their demonic backstabbing friends for a bit before we look at them again.)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

UD cooldown been a problem for a long time UD used tp have the highest CD in the game because of the faction bonus now everything is so cheap and UD has reduce in power significantly and we should have cd to reflect it

3. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Another possibility is that the altar halves the CD of any demons that die while it's in play. I think that makes more sense lore wise too since those are the demons that are theoretically being ferried by Votaev called through the altar.... or something.

4. korlash

korlash New Member

should pop out a demon after so many die

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    PiPPoInZ9 and MEATMAN like this.
  5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

after (blank) demon deaths, a (blank) is summoned adjacent to this relic with (blank) stats.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'm seeing a lot of ideas
    • Spawn a demon after so many die...
    • The altar halves the CD of any demons that die while it's in play
    • An additional effect to the current that benefits Equips, Relics, Spells...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  7. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

One of the problem with altar is the negative synergy with erimalion's resurgence. Cooldown reduction on demons is not a big deal at all in pretty much any scenario. That said, demons dying and the whole sacrifice for the greater good is UD's thing. If the altar did something when your demons die, or even cooler; when you sacrifice one (sac/ret/rituals).

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

What type of interaction would you like to see?

9. PiPPoInZ9

PiPPoInZ9 The King of Potatoes

I generally like the "after (blank) demon deaths, a (blank) is summoned adjacent to this relic with (blank) stats" idea.

Maybe some synergy with Maxxarek will be nice. "After X number of demons die a Deep Elf Priestess is summoned adjacent to this relic with (blank) stats"

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Honestly I probably wouldn't use it if it was summoned. To have 3 real champs dies (72 x 3 +25) in cost just to have a summoned champ. Regardless of it's stats. Can't contest, and has fair amount of counters to it.

Too much of an investment, to too little of a pay off.

11. chickenpox2

IT could be like maxxarek's Sacrificial power when ever champion dies while alter is in play it reduce by 3 CD instead of a fixed CD reduction

12. korlash

korlash New Member

I feel after lookin at the relics the more i really didnt like my idea on this rune. It seems it already has a place on the shelf in terms of what it dose. CD ya know hell i may need that some day i dont need to kick it over an build somethin new. this rune mind you came out in nora surge middle of the block so its got some dust one it Imagirls comment struck a cord (To have 3 real champs dies (72 x 3 +25) and is the start of return

I look at that and i say well that first champ dosent get much use out of it but giveing the thumbs up an saying im first. After that you u get sparse an spotty return feels more like a secondary kind of benefit on the rune ya know it might shine in a recycle type of BG but i feel its still slow . so i think it wouldent be the worst thing to raise the cd , halfed and to include all demons on the board to bring it up to date .(sugested by Authyrtyr)

I need now kinda stuff. if things are goin down im not lookin to my rune dock an saying hey im gona throw down my 25 nora so i can play my rust demon one more time befor he kills my shrine.
    i dont see it as a font contesting relic like Osarius more back of the bus support kinda feel. so if it was to gaine some other "thing" definitly demon only. dare i say global buff like thing all demons get horiffic aura for 1 turn ya know. i m a fan of adding 1 time use skill mechanic but w/e.

and to step out even farther an remake the rune it would be

When a non-Summoned, non-Illusion demon that dies, the cooldown on Demon champions is reduced by half

after (5) demon deaths, a (Votaev) is summoned adjacent to this relic with (Awsome) stats.

[​IMG] #freeVotaev

13. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

How about give it Dark Summons and instead of Sacrificial Power it's something similar but with requiring that non-summoned demons you control have to die to drop the CD.
    We should make a Votaev rune but we should most certainly not make him pop out of a relic

14. chickenpox2

i think 25% cooldown and does not stack is a reasonable amount if people complain about it being too much they can have a cap of 8/9

15. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

A few ideas;

- All demons within x spaces have immortality.

- Whenever a friendly demon dies, all friendly demons gain benediction(the battle drum effect)

- All demons within x spaces are under the effects of votaev's grasp

16. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I think this is, so far, the idea that could work and actually has something to do with the original intention. But, I think it should be capped in some way. Perhaps by making the relic lose HP on every activation.

So far, I got no ideas of my own. Still brainstorming.

17. chickenpox2

immortality is too strong people will ask for nerf before it gets released

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Could be a thing. Brainstorm fast. This discussion has less than a day left.

19. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Could simply take a page out of Transmission Relay's book. "Activate effect to lose HP, reveal 1 Demon; or if all are revealed, -11 cooldown on the highest cd (or lowest cd, depending on what you're going for) demon."

Problem is, this is in the faction that also has Sacrifice, Retribution and Burnout, so it might become a problem. -4 on all Demon cooldowns instead? No clue, sounds like the sort of adjustment that requires some intense and careful math.

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I agree that any changes made to this would require a looking at. My earlier suggestion was to keep the original effect, and add a secondary effect that affected all runes on cooldown -Champs, Spells, Relics, Equips- when a demon kills a real champ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.